Halle Berry

Wins Latest Round

in Custody War

2/16/2011 6:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Halle Berry just emerged from court victorious in her custody battle with Gabriel Aubry ... TMZ has learned ... because a judge just gave her the green light to go across country with her toddler to shoot a movie.

Halle Berry Court Case
Sources tell TMZ ... Gabriel was trying to block Halle from going to NYC to shoot "New Year's Eve" -- the movie from which she withdrew in order to deal with her custody issues over Nahla.

After hearing arguments this morning from both sides -- as Halle looked on -- the judge gave her the green light to travel to New York with her kid.  We've learned she won't take back the role that was given to Katherine Heigl, but she'll play another character in the movie.

Halle's lawyer, Neal Hersh, tells TMZ, "We are pleased the judge took the time to deal with this very imminent and important issue.  The judge read a great deal of paperwork and gave us time to argue."

Hersh added, "Halle is very pleased with the judge's order."

We're told Halle is going to NYC soon, but not this week.

As for Gabriel, he has withdrawn his custody petition -- which is public -- but he's continuing his war by filing a paternity action.  Paternity cases are not open to the public.

Bottom line ... it's a bitter dispute, but Halle won this battle.

Halle Berry

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

rach

sorry but she is quite a ****

USChicksAreFat

The upcoming movie sounds like ****. Now, where's my STD test kit.

CDS

Totally not true no matter how you spin it. Gabe didn't try to block Halle from filming her movie. Why's she lying? Doesn't she know the world is onto her craziness?

Mike

I guess he is a racist white man after all, thanks Judge for clearing that up about Gabriel Aubry. Justice served.

ocgirl

She should with drawl from the movie on the grounds that Katherine Heigl is a horrible actress! Glad she won this battle though.

chelsey

Of course she won and will continue to win. She can pull the old...I'm a woman...I'm black. Your discriminating against me. This is absolutely disgusting. A judge takes a baby away from its father. I guess it really is true. Men always get the short end of the stick. Well I will never watch any movie that has this woman in it.

Hey Now

Not sure why Halle should not be able to take her kid to NY. That seems like a no-brainer... and is probably a non-issue but we get the TMZ trying to make more money. The real issue will be when their are permanent custody hearings.

Btw, TMZ I can make up a story if you want to pay me. I need some money.

Crabbey

That stinks. That poor kid - why does she want to haul her to NYC just to leave her with sitters and nannies? Geez - if the daddy wants to keep the girl, let her stay with the daddy. Unbelievable. I hope Aubry eventually pulls out the big guns on this woman. He is all class. I will never see a Halle Berry movie again. Yech.

FLO

GA will determine paternity then go for custody of his kid.
She is a lying manipulative shrew and this is all about her control issues not her daughter's emotional well being.

Davey Boy

OK, that's all right.

BUT, I hope when the movie is over the courts give Gabriel equal treatment when it comes to HIS turn as primary guardian.

If Halle gets two or three months as the primary caregiver of their daugher, Gabriel should then in turn have the same amount of time. Right? Or am I living in a female-driven dream world when it comes to parental rights?

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Liar liar fake-bandaid-on-her-face-after-her-hit-&-run on fire!

frank

Enough of Halle B shes clearly lying noones buying it!

SuzyCreamCheese

How does a role for the queen of all black people go to Katherine Heigl? She's still the crazy ass hit and run driver that got swept under the rug. I hope she has a driver when her daughter is in the car.

jb

you're all ignorant and hateful...that's all

Barbara

How is continuing to pursue his paternity suit 'continuing the war'? Doesn't the child have a right to have a father?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments