MJ Was On the Hunt For The Perfect Anesthesiologist

2/17/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson was such a hard-core drug addict ... he actually interviewed an anesthesiologist  to follow him to London to "take care of him."

Michael Jackson Doctor

Jackson -- who had a well-documented Propofol addiction for years before his death -- tried recruiting Dr. David Adams, a Las Vegas anesthesiologist, to go on tour with him in 2009.

We've learned Dr. Adams told LAPD investigators that several months before MJ's death ... Dr. Conrad Murray and Michael met with Dr. Adams and said, "We think it would be great to have an anesthesiologist go on the [This Is It] tour."

Turns out Dr. Adams had a history with Michael ... he had put MJ under with Propofol four times in two years for various procedures.

Adams thought about it and texted Murray, "I'd like to be on board.  Let's talk about it."  But MJ and Murray never contacted him again.

Murray's defense team spokesperson Miranda Sevcik says, "Dr. Murray did not know David Adams."  But Sevcik did say the defense has subpoenaed Dr. Adams for the trial.

1108_remembering_michael_jackson_footer

Janar

just cannot comprehend MJ's addiction to Propofol! I was put under with Propofol for 4 hours (in a hospital - legal and all...) and it feels awful to wake up from that so I just don't get it. It takes over a weeks just to fully come to your senses again... so why the h*ll did he like it???

Posted at 1:07 AM on Feb 17, 2011 by Rixi

_________________________________________________________

I agree with you, because I was just recently sick and had to take some medicine that knocked me completely out. And when I woke up, I felt horrible. Not myself at all.

Ulja

These visits were absolutely infrequently. With his problem skin it is no frequent. And it doesn't support the point of view of those who thinks reason of these visits was propofol sleeping.

Ulja

last but not least don't buy anything of michael's that falls under that seven year deal with sony.
$$$$$$$$$ NEVER!!
I feel the same . But only couldn't not buy CD "This is it". I will be no longer ((((

observer

So was he successful ?????

mymjj5.

i believe michael went to klein an average of 2 times per month. murray did not start providing care until the middle of may. murray was not giving michael jackson propofol six nights per week. there's no way michael would be able to get up, and fulfill his daily agenda. not to meantion eating two-three times per day. it's not possible. murray is lying.

mymjj5.

Hi Ulja
I have a copy of TII but i did not buy it. I took it from a coworker who failed to return a rare DVD of mine. everything I have on Michael was released prior to the estate era. As long as I don't see the name branca/mcclain or approved by the estate of Michael Jacskon, I'll buy it. I refuse to spend a dime on anything approved by the estate until after 2017 or until prince is old enough to send those lying cheating money hungry creeps packing.

btw: she knows I have it because she was sitting right there in her office when I called her out about my DVD. it's cool.

heartbroken

There is only so much any human being can take, no matter how famous, or how rich they are. Michael, from a very early time in his life, was made to feel he had to perform to earn love. He gave ALL of himself, for so many years, physically, it took a tole. If you were blamed and found guilty of things you had never done, or even thought of doing, would it not drive you to the brink of madness too? Michael loved children, had a pure heart, WAS NOT gay, but just wanted the love and support of someone who loved him for him, not his fame, his fortune, or his name. Leaches surrounded him, confounded him, lied to him, and deceived him. At least he had the love of his babies. Wherever he is now, (and I hope he did stage his death), I hope he is happy, carefree, and at peace. The haters will always hate, the liars will always lie, but the lovers will truly always love. LOVE Michael.

Ulja

Hi myjj5! I hope, your colleague all the same will return your DVD back whole and safe.)))
Once again I want to tell that just as you I consider that Michael did not use propofol for sleep. I know something in medicine... And you have correctly noticed some moments up. I am the realist when business concerns serious things. (Not bla bla bla). And the dreamer in the rest ones.

ssm540000

I don't believe MJ was using opiates in the spring of '09 because they would have shown up at autopsy, they stay in your hair for months. He did use them in '93 because he had to have his scalp where the burn was opened a little and his Dr. would slide a device in that would be pumped up to stretch the scarred skin, very painful. This was done too soon prior to the Dangerous Tour and he needed opiates for that and then of course we know the extortion happened mid-way into the tour. MJ still performed, humiliated, ****tered and he still went on stage for a few concerts. He needed them again for that and probably other times throughout his life just to escape the ever present tabloids and hateful people who believe their garbage. I can't even imagine his life after '93 and again in '03-'05. There are fans (I'm not a usual fan) who think they are helping, but they mis-state facts. Fans and haters, pls read Aphrodite Jones "The MJ Conspiracy" re: 2005 Trial. She "knew" MJ was guilty and was a reporter. After the trial the judge allowed her access to all the evidence and she wrote an incredible true account of what really happened using only court reports and evidence no speculation. It is incredible what this man suffered from a family of grifters, who he opened his home to and provided anything they needed. The majority of the time MJ wasn't even home! I cry just thinking about what they did to him and I'm not a serious fan. The Arvisos approached Chris Tucker too and latched onto him, he warned MJ. Go to Charles Thomson's website, another truth-driven reporter who has facts and do***ents re MJ. MJ did NOT pay Evan Chandler in '93, his insurance company did and FORCED him to sign the legal do***ents. MJ wanted to go to trial. Charles has all of it. Also go to reflectionsonthdance.com and find truth and learn about this man. Pls MJ fans really read and learn, so many know some things and get so much mixed up. Was he perfect no, but his heart cared more than most famous people. There is a Dr. Treacy on "reflections" site who works in Africa who knew MJ and stated, “I have been fortunate to have met some of these visionaries, Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa, Bono, John Lennon and Michael Jackson,” stated Treacy. Evan Chandler, check out Geraldine Hughes on youtube, Chandler's lawyer's assistant. She heard the extortion plans first hand in the lawyer's office with Chandler. There's a taped conversation of Evan too saying exactly what he was going to do, youtube it as well. He extorted MJ all because MJ wouldn't promote his new screenplay. He sued MJ later on too because he wanted to make an album to discredit MJ,it went nowhere in court, unbelievable man. I didn't know where to write these things, I don't do this sort of thing, but I couldn't stand the bickering and name calling anymore and TMZ gets a lot of hits I'm sure. I'm a chronic pain patient for years and depend on opiates to help me live a modest, inactive life, but they help some. This is how I know if MJ was on strong opiates they would have shown up in the tests. He had lupus, chronic lung disorder, dancer's feet, arthritis and low back problems and an insomniac. I went 7 yrs with 1-3 hrs of sleep per night trying everything natural out there. Once I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia I was prescribed meds to help me and they are a blessing. Who knows, maybe MJ tried all means with sleep studies, etc. who knows. But I do know desperation for sleep and I'm not under the world's microscope. I praise the Lord for Michael Jackson and know he did so much good for children all over the world and he started as a young man doing this. He said the music gave him the means to do his real work in helping children. Dr. Murray is guilty, no doubt about it. Instead of hating MJ for trying anything just to sleep, try to go 2 days with one hour each night of sleep and make yourself stay awake. Go to work this way, I did for years and millions have too. You'll experience a tiny bit of what insomniacs face daily without a concert staring you in the face.

Pegasus

Kathy - Its okay, I understand how you made the mistake. We all make mistakes - God knows I make more than my fair share of them. No worries - they are both Mel's - that's why you were in error.

Mymjj5 - I agree with you about not purchasing anything until after the 7 year deal. As much as I would love to have anything that is Michael - the truth is - I simply cannot afford to buy anything (I am on a limited income), and my bills and living expenses always come before my wants. But for those who do have the extra cash to spend - I too think it would be best not to purchase anything. JMO (see I remembered)

Ulja

Really good post. #208by ssm540000
I agree with everything you've written about Michael. But what is about the insomnia ? ... You say that you were saved by some medicines from it. After all, it was not propofol, is not it? Why do you think that Michael would take propofol to deal with insomnia? In this case, using the services almost of a layperson, without an assistant and without proper equipment? He was under anesthesia with propofol before (as TMZ mentions). And if he had wanted it sometimes to be used for a sleep he would has hired a reliable professional among those who he knew. (murray is not the only one)

bababa

wow u will be missed mj

ssm540000

Hi Ulja. I take amitriptyline, it is an old-time anti-depressant, but it helps folks with fibro sleep. I get 5-7 hrs a night, amazing. The opiates are due to a botched surgery not fibro. We all know MJ suffered for years and years with insomnia, we can only assume in all that span of time he had tried lots of things. I don't know the truth of course, but he had to be desperate for sleep and he had so much going on to stimulate his brain that sleep would not come. For me it is like a switch got turned off and my body forgot how to sleep. I believe he did the wrong thing out of such exhaustion and that he just wanted and needed to sleep. This is when Murray should have stepped up and been a doctor and truly helped him. I'd like to ask Dr. Murray why he didn't give Michael Lunesta or other true sleep meds and did he know if Michael ever saw a sleep specialist. My guess is out of MJ's need for privacy that he didn't because he'd have to go to a hospital for the studies. I think he pressured Murray for propofol because it is instantaneous (I've had it). The timeline is confusing, but we know MJ took several other meds that didn't cause sleep and then Murray gave him propofol. AEG knew Michael was in bad shape, they should have insisted he be admitted to a hospital. I agree with you that Murray comes off as an layperson, good point. Makes me thankful for my doctors.

Luciana

Justice!!!!
This man killed our king.
The world still cry for him. Brazil still crying!!!!

Ulja

Propofol is not intended for a long sleep(7-8 hours). The short sleep would not suit Michael. (it's clear reason) For this goal there are other means. Even if Michael became demonic for this idea to sleep under propofol , he would consult at first with his anesthesiologist instead of admiting nonprofessional level of using. Even if he trusted to murray as his careful doctor. History with propofol is a fake!