'5 Browns' Dad Pleads Guilty to Abusing Daughters

2/17/2011 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The father of classical piano group "The 5 Browns" just pled guilty to sexually abusing his three daughters back when they were children -- and now faces up to life in prison.

5 Browns

His daughters -- now aged 26, 30, 32 -- decided to call the police on their father after learning he planned to manage other child musicians.

55-year-old Keith Scott Brown was charged with one count of first-degree felony sodomy upon a child, and two counts of second-degree felony sexual abuse of a child.

According to court documents, the abuse lasted sporadically from 1990-1998.

Sentencing is scheduled for March -- and he faces anywhere between ten years to life in prison.

Cartman

I guess this is the modern way to create publicity for a group nobody ever heard of before.

Violette-Blue

Sick and disgusting!! I hate child abusers in every sense of the word. They should all be put to death.

sfd

Is it me or do the two on the end look kinda hot while the three in the middle look like aliens?

STORYISSOFAKEWAKEUPTMZ!

What in the heck was the mother still doing eating dinner with the father when she KNOWS he sexually abused her daughters?!?!?!?!?! Please ask the mother that question!!!! UGH!!!

Tammy

I am in NO WAY saying what he did is okay, but hasn't the statue of limitaion run out of this? I mean, I think you have a certain amount of time after turning 18 to report a crime committed against you as a child and I think it would have run out by now.

ilovegossip

This is a horrible thing that has happened, and this Father deserves life in prison, but I have to say that it is refreshing to see he is pleading Guilty. I have to give him credit for that. Too often, people don't take responsibility for their actions. Case in point the woman in Florida who killed her 2 teenage children. She left notes stating how she was going to kill them, and admitted she did it to the police, yet now she is pleading "not guilty".

kp

I hope he dies in prinson

Davey Boy

America's laws protecting children against monsters like this is still far, far too lax.

I'm sure this family will appear on Oprah within the next 60 days.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

so they are just now deciding to expose him...how many other kids has he abused while they kept quiet

Maggie

PIG

Physical Graffiti

I've never been in prison, but I hear that they don't take kindly to his type in there. Even the murderers and rapists have some standards, apparently, but 10 years to life? Just throw away the key...THAT kind of leopard almost never changes his spots. Disgusting.

noneofyourbusiness

It takes a LOT of courage to speak up about this kind of thing-especially when it's a parent who was the abuser.

kickaboo

I am very sorry this happened to these kids, I don't know who they are but it happens all too often around the world.
Why are you exploiting the situation, TMZ? Once again, does none of the TMZ have any children? Apparently not.

THIN LIZZY

Are they Mormon?

dd

Evil man I hope he gets life.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments