51-Year-Old Flavor Flav

CARDED

at Liquor Store

2/23/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

He's been world famous for more than 20 years -- but 51-year-old Flavor Flav was forced to SHOW ID before he could buy cigarettes at a Las Vegas convenience store Monday night ... TMZ has learned.

0222_flavor_flav_carded_EX_TMZ
We're told Flav asked to buy a pack of grape-flavored Swisher Sweets ... when the clerk asked Flav for identification proving he was of age.

Flav respectfully obliged ... and tells TMZ, "I wasn’t bothered ... I was flattered that she asked me for my ID" ... adding, "The woman was there doing what she had to do, her job.”
0209_big_bling_footer

Keith walton

Is the clock around his neck aform of public punishment or humiliation for being tardy or late.

sean

No, the clock around his neck is his iconic bling thing for 25 years.I always thought it signified Flav "knows what time it is" Don't hate on the playa hate the gameFlav has always had a youthful appearance and humble attitude Rock on Brotha..

Anon.

I am 60 and get carded but it is not because I look younger...where I live there are 100% ID checks. Don't flatter yourself thinking you are getting carded because you look underage.

ohreally

even with his civilized response, i knew there would be un-civilized comments here.

kp

I would say it was mandatory to show i d for cigs, don't flattery your self. I am sure he was going to put wacky in those grape flavor swisher sweets.

fstblk

That just goes to show you, Some companies DO hire the blind.

Jeff

Newsflash, Chevron stations around Las Vegas card everyone for tobacco and alcohol purchases. I saw Suge Knight get carded a couple years ago and put up a stink because he had a photo-copy of an ID.

BigTim

Flavor FLAV!!!!!

OooooNooo!

He's still alive? I though somebody shot him?

Rayna

The high school show that he supposedly is going to be on is a bad idea. I'd love to just see a reality show about him and his family, and his chicken joint. That's better then some dumb going back to high school show. Who gets their GED or diploma by actually going back to a high school? I bet schools wouldn't allow a decades too old person in.

chico

Isn't it time that Flav got his own show again?

moso

That is a law in a lot of places. I think it's good that they ID the young looking people but give me a break! There is no way in hell this guy or other older people look under 21. CO makes the cashiers ID everyone buying cigarettes even when they look like my grandma... Stupidest law ever.....

John Graves

He can wear whatever he wants, he is an American. If he wants to wear a clock around his neck that is his business. As long as his clock doesn't infringe upon my inalienable rights. I would never want to deny a man his basic freedom, such as the freedom of wearing a timepiece around ones own neck.

jra2011

That's nothing, I was carded last summer and I'm over 51.

jra2011

Have you heard of someone over 51 who got carded ? It happened while wine tasting @ Korbel last summer.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments