Banksy STRIKES Again -- Tags Up San Diego

2/25/2011 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Academy Award nominee and legendary street artist Banksy continued his Southern California graffiti spree last night ... this time, leaving his signature rat character on a taco shop in San Diego.

Banksy Graffiti
As we previously reported, the mysterious artist -- whose documentary "Exit Through the Gift Shop" is up for Best Documentary -- had been tagging up various spots in L.A. over the past few weeks.

0217_banksy_footer

TIGER IS MONEY

"Clever" is spot-on.
Any art work done by Banksy improves whatever it is that he's tagged. Banksy is not your typical graffiti artist who tags stupid ****e. He's a genuine artist and his works are worth a great deal and improve the value of any building or other spot he works on. Get your head out of your arse, people. Wikipedia and Google can be your friends! Use them before going off on something and someone you have no idea about.

snodgrass

@clever

Yeah, I am pretty sure. It is defacing public property, everybody doesn't buy into the "stick it to the man" attitude. It is arrogant, just like Banksy not wanting to show up to receive an award without a costume to hide his identity. Or do you think the law doesn't apply to "artists" and their delusional followers? I have seen the same type of art all over Manhatten, Queens and Brooklyn so I don't find it so special.

So, save it, skip over my comment if ya don't like it, "buddy".

Pancho Pistolas

this **** is not funny, it is racist and should be removed ASAP.

Mike Jordan

this is on the Bull Taco restauraunt in Oceanside, CA on Pacific Coast Highway, my wife and I just drove by after recognizing the store from the pics. we took some pictures of it as well .

They have 2 locations and serve gourmet tacos including foie gras and duck.

I don't work for bull taco, but i drive by it almost every day.

Chris O

Banksy would you please come up to the Midwest? We need some Banksy flavor out here... Your do***entary Rocked!

chhris dougherty

Its the Quiver Boardroom and Bull taco shop in Oceanside, come check it out!!!

Dan

They need to arrest this idiot and fine him for all the vandalism. Why are they praising this jackass? All we need is a bunch of idiots looking up to him tagging all over the city. This is an idiot looking for attention, and the media is giving it to him. Such stupidity

NoBreederRat

I'm with everyone else on this.

If you got permission from the owner first, fine. Otherwise, do it on your own dollar on your own property then take it to a gallery. I wouldn't consider it an honor to have anyone deface my property.

I'd watch it though bro. You get into some gang territory and you're a dead man.

mac

BORRRRIIINNNNGGG.
This is lame TMZ, get off this subject already.

icantbelieveitsnotbutter

how is a picture of a rat (a poor depiction at that) art? This guy is an azzhat

bbettie

bultaco makes delish duck confit tacos mm

pretty cool pic even if an imposter- that was was big and bluegrey and thats it. Much better now!

btw it is on coast hwy aka pch

CutTheCrap

That is Bull Taco here in South Oceanside. I live two blocks from this little place. They had a nice black and blank wall just waiting for a "blaster."

jwblue

Rats are disgusting.

Who wants to look at a drawing of a rat?

cbadmum

This is really close to my house so I went over there to confirm it was Bull Taco in Oside and took some pics. The owner was there too surveying the "damage" If it were me, I'd leave it alone...it adds a lot to the building and to have a famous artists work adds to the hipness of is shop.

Brilly

Which taco shop in San Diego...I mean seriously...I gotta find this place!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments