Warner Bros. To Pay 'Two and a Half Men' Crew

2/28/2011 8:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Warner Bros. will open its corporate wallet and pay the crew of "Two and a Half Men" for the 4 weeks they would have worked for the remainder of the season ... TMZ has learned.

0228-two_half_men_logo_livingroom_moneyEX
Members of the crew tell TMZ .... they were told "Men" creator Chuck Lorre spearheaded the move, got Warner Bros. on board and as a result more than 100 people will be getting their paychecks.

Members of the crew estimate they will collectively get around $2 million for the 4 weeks of work.

One crew member tells us he and his colleagues are "ecstatic."

Warner Bros. had no comment.

Mikey

Thats like gumbment work, getting payed for doing nothing.

rika

#8

I'm sure the actors get most of that money.It's misleading to "average"

SaraBellum

WB just purchased a very expensive slap for Charlie Sheen's face.

Mikey

If they change Charlies they ought to change the kid. The kid looks like a 50 year old Eddie Munster trying to fit into his 10 year old cloths.

lenny

it is a great jesture for warner bros. to pay the actors. good faith . for the shows responsibel actors. i think that they should get another actor ro replace CHARLIE SHEEN. FIRST I LIKE HIS ROLE ON THE SHOW. BUT I HAVE BECOME TIRED OF HIS BAD BEHAVIOR, OFF THE SHOW. HE HAS PUT HIS NOSE UP IN THE AIR , THINKING THAT HE IS ABOVE IT ALL. HE NEED HELP.PROFESSIONAL HELP. ADDICTION TO DRUGS DOES NOT DISAPPEAR OVERNIGHT. (charlie)get help.

phoenix

I am sure Charlie Sheen will find something negative to say about this. To me all that matters are these people are getting paid. Before the night is over we are sure to hear another unwanted Sheen rant.

anon

Tinkle, $2 million divided by 100 employees is an average...I realize some guys make more and some less. the bottom line here is that for 100 workers on a sitcom to average $10,000 per month is insane. These a-holes are overpaid, period!...and I'm sure the "boom guy" is making way more than I, as a skilled IT person, and that just makes me sick.

caylee

That's a nice gesture. I'm sure they want to move on. I hope John Stamos takes the job! There is no way Charlie could ever be a loved character again...he showed his true ugly character.

Mikey

They should probably change the cast members over every few years like the boy band the Menudos. The nit wits who watch the show wouldn't know the difference.

Phil

Exclusive:
Charlie spills his guts to G&C:

caylee

CBS isn't going to just spit things out (I'd never trust Charlie to pay the 1/3)

I don't think they are going to cancel. Replacing Charlie will bring in HUGE numbers if they get the replacement right. I love all the other characters more than Charlie anyway. I feel confident the crew will have a job for CBS. They just aren't going to run to the media and spit it out before carefully working out all the details.

watcher 1

VERY CLASSY OF CHUCK LORRE AND WARNER BROS. NOW THEY SHOULD COLLECT THE MONEY THAT CHARLIE SAID HE WOULD GIVE FOR THE CREWS' PAY. NOW REALLY, DO YOU THINK THAT CHARLIE WOULD EVEN REMEMBER HE SAID THAT. I DON'T KNOW HOW THESE PEOPLE WERE ABLE TO EVEN WORK WITH THIS NUT! GOOD BYE CHARLIE, WE DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE. YOU WILL HAVE TO DEPEND ON PEOPLE TO LOVE YOU WHO YOU PAY.

Virtual Insanity

Very glad to hear this.

me

These guys deserve it- and it's not like they can just up and find another job just like that. They had to keep their schedules open for this particular show, so now they are all screwed if the studio didn't pony up. Good for them!

Mag

UMMMMM!!! I'm no expert, but I believe that Sheen has a very powerful case against Lorre and WB. First of all there is not morale clause in his contract, so they cannot fire him for whatever he chooses to do during off hours. Also, if Charlie does indeed have a drug problem, by Lorre making fun of him AND posting the vanity cards after each show, well that is a BIG NONO when it comes to labor laws. I'm sure that Lorre and WB have been advised by their lawyers that Charlie will win whatever lawsuit he has and will put forth. Good for Charlie.