Samuel Jackson RIPS Oscars -- No Black Men!?

3/1/2011 9:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Another HARSH criticism of the Academy Awards ... this time from Samuel L. Jackson . .. who's pretty damn upset that there weren't more black actors involved in the show.

Samuel Jackson Video
Jackson was in L.A. yesterday, where he told a photog, "Where were the black actors?"

He continued, "I guess they didn't think we were available to read teleprompters that night ... not a big deal, hopefully it'll get better ... it wont happen again."

Jackson added, "We work in town ... they know who we are, they know we're available to be on that show to represent the people of color who are in the business in town."

For the record, there were no black male presenters during the show -- to which Jackson stated, "Hopefully they wont make that mistake again."

Strummer101er

People wonder why blacks have black awards shows and pageants, etc. It's because of things like this<<

And Tyler Perry. And crappy rappers making yet ANOTHER movie about gangs and cops.

InformationTrafficker

Jackson is the man, for sure, but I don't think that he needed to say anything about it. He seemingly makes a good point, but I haven't seen any Asian actors complaining...

Captain Balls

Didn't see many Asians, Mexican, French, Aussies, etc, either. Don't see him complaining about that.
Besides.. who the **** watches more than 5 minutes of that boring ass show anyway

Kitty

Oh cry me a river!

Lori

Sam is the MAN!.

And he's right...that show would have benefited from Sam's wit...those two TWITS they had hosting sucked.

Classic Sam:

"Tell that bitch to be cool, say bitch be cool, say bitch be cool! Tell that f*ckin bitch to chill! Chill that f*ckin bitch out!(Pulp Fiction)

depecheaholic

Oscars white, white ,white, white , white, white, white..Hallie Berry was on Oscars BUT she's half black and half white.

Posted at 4:33 PM on Mar 1, 2011 by beau
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to tell her that because I think she forgot.

Fidel's niece

He is right, where were Denzel,
Jamie Fox,Will Smith, Monique,
just to name a few.

Also Latino actors...

Movies (and America)
are multicolored,
The Oscars should be too.

Sandy

I haven't seen any Native Americans either, but it never entered my mind until I read this,

Sasha

Sameal I know what you mean but thats why no black people watched this year anyway..... Should just pull out of the oscars like blacks said they would and create their own in celebration of black talent. But then caucasions would whine about such and claim it's another form of blacks getting over on the system or segregating themselves. Give me a break.....

david

I dont see any white people on the black awards shows!
do you????

l

There was Halle and Oprah...but true, they should have had Monique and Gabby back since they won previously. It was a pretty white affair and year in movies now that I think about it.

Tammy

halle berry!

Posted at 4:30 PM on Mar 1, 2011 by sue

She's only black when it suits her. I think Samuel meant someone who's black all the time.

Josh

It's so irritating when people do that. do u hear me complainin that there were no mexicans on the show? no cuz it doesnt matter. maybe if samuel jackson made a legit movie for once he'd be nominated. he needs to shut up.

Anya

wtf!? Suppose it would be nice to have all races, nationalities and/or colors represented.... but then we'd have nothing but presenters! Would you be happy then?

Cartman

Always looking for "set asides".