Huckabee

Rips Natalie Portman

Over Pregnancy

3/4/2011 12:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fox News host Mike Huckabee claims Oscar winner Natalie Portman is a bad role model for America -- all because she got knocked up before marriage.

0304-huckabee-portman-bn-getty-01
Huckabee went on a radio show Monday and said, "One of the most troubling things is that people see a Natalie Portman or some other Hollywood starlet that boasts of, hey look, we're having children, we're not married, but we're having children and they're doing just fine."

Portman is engaged to her baby daddy -- co-star Benjamin Millepied.

Huckabee -- a Republican who could make a run for the White House -- added, "There aren't really a lot of single moms out there that are making millions of dollars each year by being in a movie"

"I think it gives a distorted image that not everybody hires nannies and caretakers and nurses. Most single moms are very poor, uneducated, can't get a job, and if it weren't for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death and would not get healthcare."

So far, Portman has yet to respond.

michele

it seems to be a matter of time before this sniveling little wimp is caught dressed as a chicken with a grossly obese hooker and a bag of meth.
those who point the finger always have the deepest most twisted secrets.

T-bear

Huckabee has a valid point....standards are a good thing.....morals are a good thing......He can state his views....if you disagree don't go crazy on him....there are a lot of people that want to hold on to some standards and values in this "anything goes" society.

M

Behind every poverty-stricken, sleep-deprived single mom who scrapes by to feed her kids, there is a man whose behavior was so awful, that he made it seem like the better option, that is of course, if she even had a choice before he bolted out the door.

Leesa

I am not disgusted at his commenting on women having children out of wedlock, what infuriates me is his comment about single mothers. I happen to be a single mother, I had my daughter who is now 8 when I was married and divorced when she was 1 because her father decided he didn't want to be a father, and I wish he had told me that before we were married, which by the way, we were married for 3 years prior to my even getting pregnant. I am not POOR by anymeans, nor am I uneducated, I have a degree is paralegal studies and work for a lawfirm as one of the highest paid para's for that firm, I am far from living on assistance, nor have I ever and I'm 37. How dare he make such a generalized statement about single mothers ! I'll take his condescending hiney on any day and outsmart the political monkey that he is. As for Natalie Portman, while I agree, its too common now a day that women in the spotlight of being a role model are doing things that I wouldn't agree my own child when an adult do, but, its her business and god asked us to be witnesses, not judges.

eve

isnt he part of the republican notion that abortion should be illegal use of contraception immoral what is one to do with such self righteous politicians and then complain that these poor uneducated mothers must depend on assistance in order for these children to survive..... deep pockets but short on humanitarian skills.... requirement to be a politician: foam at the mouth and do nothing but insnare the morons that vote for u.....

Eric

he's 100% correct. you liberal halfwits can go back to watching the View now.

ohlalala

NOTHING NEW... ALWAYS PUT THE WHOLE BLAME ON THE GIRLS... LIKE SHE'S PREGNANT BY HER OWN. F*u*ck-a-bee doesn't talk about guys having sex before they get married. That's okay, but it's very wrong when it comes to the girls. But you know, how could the guys have sex if not with a girl (unless they are gays?!!!) . Both men and women are to blame equally.

Phyllis Glassman

Huckabee, Palin, Bachmann, Angle, Christine O, Brewer let's see who else glamorize stupidity and stupid is forever! Didn't Sarah's little (chubby) Bristol go on DWTS after going all over the country showing off her unwed baby bump???? Did that dude ever marry her??? He may seem stupid, but I think he's smarter than Huckabee who is an obvious idiot!

Superman

I'm out...HUCKABEE is RIGHT...people are just trying to rationalize their choice to have children and NOT be married.

Look at the statistics...they don't lie....unwed mothers, who's SH*T bag baby daddy's, that don't pay a dime of support are the poorest of the poor in this country and the children who make it out of that poverty? Well that's a miracle.

Posted at 9:00 AM on Mar 4, 2011 by Lori
---------------------------

Exactly. And the ones that claim they "made it work" are the ones that are doing the disservice to other girls by not telling them to wait until they marry the right man. And the ones who claim to not get "public assistance" are the ones using their children for tax deductions and to get financial aid and grants. It's time to be truthful. Stop with the lies.

Disgusted

With all of the problems in this country this man singles out Natalie Portman. The problem with this country is people in office and with jobs of influence that fail to spend time targeting the real problems. Our dollar is in the trash, we have the largest oil reserves in the world and yet pay billions to our enemies to buy oil. China has been handed most of our jobs. We have millions of illegals w/ dubious backgrounds leading to a 35% increase in crime, a President bent on destruction of free enterprise. And now we have a jerk worrying about Natalie Portman ?

Laura

Maybe Huckabee should be more concerned over his dog killing psycho of a son than a pre marital pregnancy,,

Mark

WTF? I don't see anything wrong with what he said. And it certainly doesn't deserve a headline like the one TMZ has given it.
Stop trying to turn everything in to a huge war! I'm not a republican but I can agree with what he's said.

I'm not sure what exactly liberals want. Everyone to just walk around having completely annonymous in the bathroom with whoever thay run in to male or female no strings attatched?

How is all that crap working for us so far? Divorce rates through the roof, children swallowing meds like vitamins, sexually transmitted disease spreading like wildfire, depression and suicide through the roof. Now they're linking cancer to virus transmitted through sex (which could explain why many cancers are also through the rood).
At what point do you admit this liberal "anything goes" attitude is a failure?

Josephina

120 - No, they shouldn't have to tell her to wait til she MARRIES the right man; why not just until she MEETS the right man? People can live together and have a stable home environment without being married. Why is that so hard for people to understand??????

teenyz

Oh please. Enough with the gross stereotypes. This single mom married her "baby daddy", completed two college degrees, and pulls in $120K a year from a successful business she runs.

T-bear

Hey #18.....birth control pills !!!!!