Lohan to Sue Jewelry Store Over Surveillance Tape

3/8/2011 2:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is preparing to sue Kamofie & Company jewelry store -- claiming they had no right  to cash in  from the sale of the infamous surveillance tape ... because Lindsay never gave them the right to use her image for profit ... TMZ has learned.

Lindsay Lohan Surveillance Tape

Sources connected to the surveillance video tell TMZ ... Kamofie sold the rights to distribute the tape to the Associated Press for at least $40k. The AP has since struck a deal with "Entertainment Tonight" in which the show got exclusive rights to air the tape for one week.

We're told Lohan met with her lawyers today ... no word on when she plans to file the lawsuit.

UPDATE: A rep for Kamofie tells us, "We regret to hear there is trepidation by Miss Lohan in connection with the video. "

The statement continues, "We hope that everyone understands that this is beyond our control, the flood of the requests to see this video were simply too overwhelming.  It was truly necessary to put it out."

0202_lidsay_lohan_accessories_fame_footer

suza271

Yes, post it, Nikki!

suza271

Who do you have to motivate?

Life's a Lou

I'm willing to bet, she would have not returned it to this day had the police not become involved.

__________________

I think that's a good assessment, based on what has been shown and told about the necklace. I'm willing, since I haven't looked at the whole video, to give her the benefit of the doubt that she actively went in there to steal the necklace. I think either she thought of it in the store once she had it on and the owner wasn't saying to take it off, or she for some reason really didn't intend to take it but she wore it out.

This is where the problem lies. There is, at some point, in the next day or so at the latest that she realized she had the necklace and it wasn't paid for (or loaned to her). I think, unless it can be proved she was actively looking to hide the necklace on her before she left the store, that it is possible (don't know how likely) that she was afraid that she would be prosecuted if she returned the necklace, even though they were calling her for it. I think that in her mind she may have thought or hoped that if she didn't return it then, that the jewelers would just let it lay and take no action, basically absorbing the costs of the necklace and then she'd not be in trouble. Again this is a possibility. I'm not saying this is how it happened. At this point, if this is the case is when she became the thief. I don't see her as willing to own up that yes, she had the necklace, and to go back in person and apologise and say it was a mistake, she forgot to take it off, and here it is or can I buy it now? The store probably would have let her do that. If I was a store owner I would probably do that.
But she didn't and the store knew she had it (by seeing it on her a couple days later) and contacted police because they did want the necklace back. I think that the store owners waited to call the police because they thought that by contacting Lindsay that they would get the necklace back and not have a hassle over it.
I don't think that the store owner thought the police would prosecute Lindsay. I think the store owner thought that the police would get the necklace back and return it to the store owner once they got it. I think the store owner thought that if he didn't want to go further with it that that would be the end of the matter.
I think maybe Lindsay thought that the videos, even if they captured her in the store, that it would not be clear enough to show the small necklace being on her neck. I think she thought this when she decided to not return the necklace.
But it is also possible that she wanted that necklace and she wanted to keep the money she had too.

Life's a Lou

I think that Holley has only one last day to get a good plea bargain and to convince Lindsay that even though it will mean some jail time, at the very least for the parole violation, that she needs to take it and not go to trial. I think the public is seeing that just taking it out of the store can be held to be stealing it.

Nikki

Man, I'm late... WAY overslept - but I'm wide awake now!!! I just had a bowl of Lindsay Lohan-brand breakfast cereal (it comes with it's own spoon, but for unknown reasons, that spoon is WAY too small), and boy do I feel energized!!!! I don't know what's in it, but this stuff is like 5 Redbulls!!!!

Nikki

FUTMZ I saved them to show a friend who was sick in the the hospital at the time, you made me laugh and I wanted to make them laugh
And laugh we did, thats when I beacme your fan...LOL!

Nikki

Night FUTMZ
Cant wait to see what kind of BS they spin tomorrow

Night All, till tomorrow

janet

Lohan want's a trial to stall.

Lohan has ZERO credibility. Shawn Holley can only do so much.

Lohan was caught and charged. That simple.

suza271

K, that one's up too!

Nikki

@suza271
Hope your getting alot of chuckles over there,that FUTMZ is hilarious!

You should look up older posts he's so funny!

Grandma Cracker

therock, I am not delusional, I call it as I see it. And by the way, as far as MY education goes, when YOU complete YOUR Master's in chemical dependency, then you come and tell me what I do and do not know.

Lou

I haven't posted in a while because I took over "the rocks" ID, don't tell anybody. Lou Lou the Boy With Nothing to DO

Lou

Nice post Rock, very nice, I guess you should take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why you would wish that anyone commit suicide. Also ask your mom, the one with a job, why she thinks that Ilene, who you mentioned, cast Lindsay in The Parent Trap.

Lou

Rock, you said "I'm no expert, but I know the business inside and out." Does that statement make any sense? You mentioned that your mom is a manager. It appears as if your M.O. as the cops say, is that your mom tried to sign Lindsay as a client and Dina who is her manager wouldn't let Lindsay sign with your mom and here we are 14 years later and you still have an ax to grind? Am I Close? .....You mentioned the casting director from The Parent Trap.......

Vorlon

This woman just doesn't get "it".

Dina states that “it just shows how we get treated so much worse than regular people.”

(Head shake)

Speaks for itself (sadly.)

If that were true she'd ALREADY be visiting darling daughter in the slammer in between Ali's auditions. (Gotta keep that money train rolling ya know.)

I watch this dizzy broad and thank God that I was born to the mother I was.

My dad died when he was 45 leaving a wife and 6 kids all under the age of 18. My Mom was a stay at home and never worked a day in here life to that point.

We weren't rich but we didn't want for anything. (And she NEVER had a millionaire daughter to sponge off of either) We ALL graduated high school (unlike ANY of the Lohans) and went on to higher education.

One brother had a single DUI, no one has ever been in jail, rehab, or on probation. We all turned out pretty damn good with our heads (more or less on straight). We work for what we get and appreciate it.

Dina Lohan is a disgrace for a family manager (I won't insult the MOTHERS of the world by referring to her as one, she isn't. She doesn't know the meaning of the word.)

Previous 15 Comments | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments