Lindsay's Jeweler

Shops Book Deal!

3/16/2011 6:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The jewelry store that was allegedly victimized by Lindsay Lohan has been shopping a book deal ... TMZ has learned ... and it's becoming a nightmare for prosecutors.

0316_KAMOFIE_BOOX_EX2
The publicist for Kamofie & Co. contacted Sharlene Martin, a literary agent, early last week and said his client -- the owners of Kamofie -- wanted to do a book deal.  Martin told the agent the necklace incident "was a moment, not a book."

Martin, who specializes in crime-related books, told the publicist, "You shouldn't waste any literary agent's time.  Call the Enquirer if you want."

Kamofie has already sold the surveillance video, and the latest effort makes the victim look so mercenary, it could jeopardize the prosecutor's case.

UPDATE: A rep for Kamofie & Co. tells us, "We have no book deal pending."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Kenneth

3 months and this rip off company will close it's doors.

necro

who cares... im sick of hearing about this dumb skank... id rather read more about charlie

Lisa

Give me a friggin break! This jewelry store is just out for money now it seems. It makes me wonder now if they set Lindsay up now in the first place. I thought Lindsay stole that necklace, but now I'm just not sure! Wow...Never thought I'd think that! Tell ya what, I'd NEVER shop in that jewelry store EVER!

OooooNooo!

What in the Wild World of Sports is going on here? Who in their right mind would buy that book? Just take the money and flush it down the toilet. Same result. Idiots.

Lisa

Wow...If Lindsay goes to trial and this information is given to the jurors - it ain't at all gonna bode well for the prosecution. This makes the jewelry store look like less than a victim, and like they were trying to exploit Lindsay.

PhilipMarkum

*** HONESTLY, I AM NO LINDSAY FAN, BUT THIS STORE HAS RUINED IT'S CREDIBILITY AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED...AT THIS POINT I HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT THEY LET LINDSAY WALK OUT OF THE STORE WITH THE NECKLACE ON JUST SO THAT THEY COULD GET 15 MINUTES OF FAME...THE PROSECUTOR SHOULD DROP THE CHARGES BECAUSE THESE BOZOs HAVE ZERO CREDIBILITY AND HONESTLY, I HOPE THEY GO BROKE AND DISAPPEAR. ***

dreamon

Seems like the literary agent wasted no time selling this story to TMZ?

Just how the Lohans like it. A circus.

#1CABLE SOURCE

PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WOULD DO ANYTHING TO GET MONEY AND BE FAMOUS. THATS WHY AMERICANS ARE THE MOST STUPIDEST HUMAN

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON!! VISIT WWW.THECABLESOURCE.MYSAVEOLOGIST.COM AND BE THE FIRST TO GET SATELLITE TV FOR ONLY $29.99MTH

Phil

As soon as Linsday left the store wearing the necklace she didn't pay for she was screwed. The store can do whatever stupid things they want to do, but Lindsay still took the merchandise. Case closed.

PhilipMarkum

*** #5. "TEA PARTY MOM": YOU ARE A COMPLETE F-ING ******* FOR YOUR ANTI-SEMITIC RANT YOU W_H_O_R_E AND YOU REPRESENT NOTHING THAT CONSERVATIVES STAND FOR...I'M JEWISH AND TEND TO BE CONSERVATIVE SO F-OFF AND DIE. ***

Wishes

Who in the world would buy a book about this stupid silly incident??????

MT2

This does not affect my feelings about Lindsay's guilt at all. Not one bit. If I were them, I'd want to capitalize off this mess, too. No store would risk their reputation with other celebrities by setting up Lilo. That's a half-baked theory. If the store looks shady, then heck - so does Lindsay for "capitalizing" off her run-ins with the law... hello, mocking skits, name in the press, interviews by Dina, and so on. Wake up, people!!

MT2

Can't blame them for trying to make the best of an unfortunate cir***stance. Team jewelry store!

YoMama

I think I have just switched to Lindsay's team on this one.

The Love Sponge