Tyler Perry Writer's Car

EXPLODES

3/18/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A writer for Tyler Perry's hit show "Meet the Browns" is in the market for a new car ... because dude's old ride exploded in a ball of fire ... and TMZ has video of the blast.

031711-car-fire-video

Brian Ronalds' wife Stephanie tells TMZ she was making a three-point turn in front of a friend's Hollywood Hills home last weekend when the flames erupted from the engine of their Dodge Journey -- and seconds after she escaped ... the vehicle exploded.

Stephanie says they bought the SUV 6 weeks ago -- and claims Dodge did not inform them about a safety recall involving steering fluid leaking onto the engine ... which could spark a fire.

Stephanie has no proof that's what happened in this case, but says she's looking into it ... and adds, "I know in my heart the car is defective. I was driving it and it was fine until that point."

0318_explosion_Footer

mija

She's like a block away and gets scared when there's a pop? That woman is a mess.

LB

#1 AND #2 ARE JUST A**HOLES.

suthrnmanerd

Black peoples Cadillac is a Cadillac a**holes... we can afford them these days...

d

I have this car and it sucks! For the first year and 1/2 I had it it spent more time in the shop than my garage. Lemon law is geared to help the dealers so I am stuck with it. Never again will I buy a dodge and definitely don't buy this car. I haven't been informed of that recall yet. I just got a different recall notice on this car - there have been many.

John

I agree Robbie... this is a joke and whoever is filming this needs t stop thinking Hollywood so damn much..

as for Dodge... Every car makers has problems and none of them are perfect. I have a Dodge truck with 175k outside no issues and the wife doesn't want to sell her neon with 240k on it. Both run fine.

85% of a cars problem is the human connected to it.

sonny

Where are the 26 inch wheels? Must be a rental car

Michelle

Shoulda bought a 4Runner~

DK

Most importantly the lies in this article.

"Hit" show, Meet the Browns?

How in the hell is that considered a "hit" show?

kp

slow news day, who cares if the car burned to the ground, did any one get hurt.
This is Tyler Perry's
writer's (how many writers do they have)
wife's
car
thanks tmz

Carl

Good old American car quality at its best!

Eric in Indiana

Fist of all-----Every Happy To Hear That Everyone Is Safe.

Second, I was a Final Audit Power Steering/Brake line Inspector for a Tier One supplier to Chrysler/Dodge in Columbia City, Indiana about 10 years ago. After the plant lost production lines to Mexico, Brazil, and China....the quality level dropped and vehicle recalls are now almost non-stop media events.

Third, Finally the automotive manufactures are starting to bring back production from those Countries that cannot make a safe product----some do have good quality (Brazil)---but I look at the Power Steering plant stamps on the hose assembly before I buy the vehicle....or use my calipers to measure the part to make sure it is safe.

Fourth, Power Steering fluids are the number one cause of vehicle car fires....you can review that info on the NTSB website.

Danielle

Thankfully all were safe and no child in a car seat she had to pull out.

PaulWS

Too bad that fruitcake Perry wasn't in the van when it exploded. Unfortunately the drag queen lives on.

Tammy

I've never bought a car that's ALLEGEDLY made in the USA and I never will!! Heck, I'd get a peugot(sp?) over an America barnd any day and I'm not fond of the French.

konaehukai

Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep all have horrid reliability. This is par for the course. Try a yugo, it's more reliable than any garbage that Chrysler puts out.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments