'Friday' Singer Rebecca Black

People Want Me to Die

3/18/2011 9:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

13-year-old Rebecca Black says she's been getting hate mail over her overnight smash hit, "Friday" -- with one person telling her to "die."

0318_black_launch

Black went on "GMA" this morning ... and explained how she cried when she first started receiving the nasty comments.

Among the hate mail, Black says she received notes that read, "I hope you cut yourself and I hope you get an eating disorder so you'll look pretty and I hope you go cut and die. "

Black explained, "I felt like this was my fault. And I shouldn't have done this, and this is all because of me. And now I don't feel that way."

As for her next move -- Rebecca says she desperately wants to sing a duet with Justin Bieber.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Mark Proctor

?

Davey Boy

Listening to her so-called singing made me want to cut myself.

Bob

Don't pay any attention to the detractors. They just have such miserable lives that they want everyone to be miserable like them.

zombie

Grow a friggin' back bone. That's what happens when you get bullied. Deal with it! People used to tell me to do everyone a favour and go home and kill myself all the time. I'm still standing and it never made the news. Get over it, not everyone is going to like you, and those who don't will probably act like ass hats when voicing their opinion of you. That's the way people are. If you let them get to you and make you feel like you have to run to a morning talk show to tell the world about it, then guess what sweet heart, They win. Good job. Give the bullying ass hats of the world more power. *shakes head*

lander

by 'die' they didn't mean physically - just professionally. as in, could you please never open your mouth in front of a recording device. please? no, really... PLEASE? for the love of god, PLEASE!

Jennyy

I just don't understand why people are hating on a 13 year old girl for singing a song. What really amazes is that the haters are the same people the love shows like "Jersey Shores", and think people like Snookie and The Situation are cool. Why is America filled wioth so many hateful, spiteful, mean people who only want to see others beaten down and broken?

Toadless

I just listened to that crap song and what did she expect?

Superman

That's what I said when I saw the headline on Google News a few minutes ago?!? WTF? She's another skanky celeb wannabe and she's using autotune and youtube to do it. And now, she's milking it for everything she can get. Shame on GMA and others in the media for catering to this nonsense.

kp

If you don't like it don't listen, that's easy, don't be mean

Stiletto

They hate her because she is a white female...and therefore already (in their minds) living in the lap of luxry.

Now, Will Smith's offspring babbling auto-tuned synthesized repetitve lyrics about her hair amid a group of mixed race fans...well, that's just art!

Superman

WHO?? is what I said.

lander

she does look a little plump. maybe just a bit more exercise and few less burgers. you don't have to puke your food up, but that is known to work.

Sam

That was the worst song I have ever heard.

Davey Boy

Hating? Just weary of another bimbo with a dream who can't sing.

Toadless

Bob Dylan just never did the song "Friday" justice like this little twerp

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments