The Aflac Duck

Silent But Violent

3/22/2011 9:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

With Gilbert Gottfried fired for his tsunami jokes ... the people at Aflac found a clever way to keep their famous duck alive while they hunt for the replacement voice ... and it's the oldest trick in cinema.032211_aflac_v2_still

TMZ obtained a copy of the new Aflac commercial -- a re-edit of a 2006 spot -- and even though the duck gets hits by a frickin' train ... we're told he'll live on ... and a new voice will be selected soon.

Quack. Quack. Quack.

fran

Gilbert should be considered a comedic legend. (if he isn't already) He doesn't need aflac. Team Gilbert ! !

Posted at 6:05 PM on Mar 22, 2011 by NDNchief

your opinion ...but Yucccccccccck, Gilbert was never funny just loud

Jeff

There's more than meets the eye concerning the firing of Gilbert from his Aflac gig. There is a higher than average incidence of cancer in Japan partially due to the consumption of fish and high levels of mercury consequently in their diet. Aflac has a wonderful cancer policy and sells a tremendous amount in Japan. So much so that Japan is the number one market for Aflac in the world. No matter what you think about this situation Aflac most likely fired Gilbert to protect an enormous business interest.

Gregg

George Takei should voice the damn duck. What better way to make up for Gilbert Gotfried than have Sulu voice the aflac duck

Jim

How do I apply for the afflack voice commercial?

Debra

Hey guys - if you take a look at the top frame of the commercial, it states it's a re-make from a 2006 commercial, which is 5 years ago. To apply for the voice over, go to Facebook and become a friend of Aflac. There's a link to apply.

Just to clarify, the reason Aflac is so popular in Japan is due to the health care plan they have. There is one and only one you can have so everyone understands what's not covered, unlike our multitude of selections. If you understood your plan, you'd want Aflac to cover your assets too.

Ron

As Lily Tomlin used to say on the old comedy TV Show Laugh In, tasteless, but funny.

ImportedFromDetroit

I think that, Paul McDonald, the American Idol contestant would be a great AFLAC duck voice. At least he sings like a duck.

dotty

I can do the AFLAC DUCK. How do I enter the contest!!!!!

lol

This reminds me of when Billy Mays died.

FaerchFan

I dont think he should have gotten fired. Sure it was mean but he was good at being the Aflac duck and he's always had that personality of being obnoxious and rude.

lori

I'm 68 yrs. old, retired. I would love to try out for the new Afflack commercials. Never say your to old for a new venture, remember Clara (where's the beef) Parton? Hoping to hear from someone, thank you. Lori in Omaha.p.s. I know I would be a great voice, i've been told I have a big mouth.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4