Chris Brown

Apologizes for 'GMA' Outburst

3/24/2011 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown finally apologized for his destructive behavior at "Good Morning America" -- but he made sure to take a few shots at the show at the same time.

Chris Brown Apology
Though Robin Roberts says Brown was aware she was going to ask about Rihanna, Chris told a different story on last night's "106 & Park" on BET -- where he said the talking points approved by his people were all about "positivity" and his new album.

Brown says he was "thrown off" by Robin's line of questioning -- and said she only brought up the Rihanna incident in an effort to "exploit me."

The singer says he then exploded backstage "to release the anger that I had inside me," adding that "I got very emotional and I apologize for that."

For their part, ABC News this morning said "Chris Brown was invited on 'Good Morning America' to perform and be interviewed. There were no talking points offered."

On this morning's "GMA," Robin added "It's time to move on."

Twd

Move on already. I would love to see the hands of people who have never gotten angry before and never will again. The rihanna incident was horrible but it was also two years ago. Even rihanna is over it to the point where she was singing that duet with eminem and performing in a video practically glamorizing domestic violence. Has he been out there trying to profit off of it like she has? No. I am not a fan of either entertainer but even i think enough is enough. Let him move on. Everyone has something in their past they are not proud of, most of us don't have it playing out in the media for all to see. Most abusers never even go to the lengths he has to make amends. He may be many things but i am not buying this attempt to make him the poster child for domestic violence.

Sarah

I get very emotional as well however I manage not to vandalize property and bite girls, I deal with it like an adult.
When is this buck tooth clown gonna go away?

TomForPrez

why does he always end up shirtless...this is the true way to freak out: http://www.transitpeep.com/view/HatingLife/256

Smilee

Just because you "didn't hurt anybody" doesn't make it ok to act like you did, you did the crime now live with it, get some help and to use my favorite line from dirty dancing.. "go back to your playpen...baby"

cha

Sorry means nothing if you don't change your actions. Chris get yourself in a real anger management class before you seriously fck your career up for good!

Kari

I don't think it's time to move on--this guy has SERIOUS anger issues. He is going to be asked these questions from time to time, primarily to see if he can handle problems without rage. Obviously, he can't. GET HELP CHRIS

Tiffani

Charlie Sheen has had "coke-fueled" anger issues for decades and basically admits that he's pyscho and america gives him opportunity after opportunity to go mess up again & again, but a YOUNG boy with apparent anger issues that needs help makes a mistake and everyone wants him to go play blind-folded in traffic! WTF?

Chaps

Do some Chitlebrities think that acting badly and getting bad press is actually good press and increases their box office appeal?

Whiteoak

Let's see, who would I believe? Someone who will not take responsibility for his actions....or....Robin Roberts? That boy's gonna wind up in prison if he doesn't grow up.

Chaps

Why does that pic of Brown remind me of Erkel?

JustMe

He has no one to blame but himself. Had he not thrown a fit and broke the window, no one would have thought anything about the interview.

whatever

And yet none of you complain about Rhianna saying she likes bad boys, and is bored by nice guys......

Pat

I've got a great idea. Let's put Charlie Sheen and Chris Brown in the same room together. Charlie's big mouth and Chris' rage...problem solved! Seriously, I'm sick of Chris Brown. What a LOSER!

Meh

Oh boo hoo Chrissy. Here's a quarter; call someone who gives a flying fudge.

P.S. F.A.M.E. = F.A.I.L.

Snerkles

Now, gosh, who should I believe....? Hmmm, tough choice...
a respected, wholesome, stand-up woman...or...you, Chris?
Even you should be able to see that it's not a hard choice.
Why would we believe an angry, lying, tattoo'd piece of poop?