Liz Taylor's Funeral

The A-List Rabbi

3/24/2011 5:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Liz Taylor's funeral will be officiated by a man with plenty of celebrity experience -- because he's helped bury dozens of them ... TMZ has learned.

Liz Taylor Funeral
Taylor is having a traditional Jewish burial ceremony at Forest Lawn cemetery in Glendale, CA right now -- and the man doing the service is Rabbi Jerry Cutler

Cutler has presided over the funeral services for Milton Berle, Shelley Winters, Walter Matthau, Red Buttons and Jan Murray.

We're told Cutler had met Taylor through Jon Voight ... and Taylor's family specifically requested Rabbi Cutler to do her funeral.

Grandma Cracker

b

Shread

Jewish and wearing a cross is either covering all the bases or she was just confused. I'm thinking the latter.

cara

She should have been buried next to Richard Burton. Why didn't her kids make sure of that.

Nancy

I believe that Michael Jackson is at Forest Lawn but NOT at Mt. Sinai which is the section of Forest Lawn for Jewish people .. cannot swear by that .. I do not remember anyone saying he would be entombed at Mt. Sinai. .. I JUST Googled .. here is what I found:

Elizabeth Taylor to Be Buried Today
People Magazine ^ | March 24, 2011 | Stephen Silverman

Posted on 03/24/2011 1:04:17 PM PDT by La Enchiladita

Elizabeth Taylor, who converted to Judaism for her marriages to Mike Todd and Eddie Fisher, is following the rules of the religion by being buried soon after her death Wednesday.

The funeral for the star, who suc***bed to congestive heart failure at age 79, is taking place at Forest Lawn, Glendale, on Thursday, say reports. It will be strictly for family members, including her 10 grandchildren.

The cemetery is also where Taylor's friend, Michael Jackson, is buried.

It is expected that a public memorial for Taylor will take place at a later date.

The ENTIRE CEMETERY is called Forest Lawn .. down from the main entrance about 2 miles or less is the entrance to Mt. Sinai .. They are close by . .but not sure if they are both in Mt. Sinai .. I never heard that was where Michael was entombed.. always heard Forest Lawn . but could be .. do not know ..

Nice that there will be a public memorial shortly for her fans ..

Nancy

Elizabeth Taylor to Be Buried Today
People Magazine ^ | March 24, 2011 | Stephen Silverman

Posted on 03/24/2011 1:04:17 PM PDT by La Enchiladita

The cemetery is also where Taylor's friend, Michael Jackson, is buried.

Nice that there will be a public memorial shortly for her fans ..

Nancy

She could have been buried in WALES along side Richard Burton, but those were NOT her wishes ..

USE Google to find out information ..

R.I.P. Dame Elizabeth

Jesus Krishna

According to Jewish tradition, children "inherit their faith" from their mothers. That is the main reason Jewish men have their wives convert; so the children will be Jewish.

Jerry was my rabbi for many years. Presided over my Bar Mitzvah and my Dad's funeral in 2009. He'll be great, I'm sure.

keneri

Jewish people are buried quickly because we do not embalm our dead thus the burial today.

dd

Gosh those eyes are beautiful,,,that color.WOW!

dd

Richard Burtons wife at the time of his death made sure he and Ms. Taylor would not be laid to rest together it was a big deal at the time of his funeral..Elizabeth was not happy!

Meli-Melo

I wouldn't want to be buried withing 24 hours of my death. Afraid to be buried alive, this used to happen before people were embalmed. FYI: I read today that Richard Burton is buried in Switzerland, not Wales

Mary Ann

Some people are real jerks!!
Richard is buried in Switzerland in a plot bought by his then wife Sally Hay (now his widow) Elizabeth was not invited to be buried there!!!!!

American Rogue

One of the world's great beauties!!! My Dad's generation had her while mine has Halle Berry!!! Thank you Liz for your dignity and style!!!
- American Rogue

Rafaelle Zuccaro

Is i the norm for Jews to maRRY AS MANY TIMES AS THEY WISH???? Do they consider marriage a play pen for SEX or just something to do with other people you meet and LIKE??? So many of them think nothing of it, changing wives and husbands-- No wonder why Larry King liked Liz so much, they both liked to PIDDLE a lot!!!

Howie

@Rafaelle Zuccaro, Post #48: What is it with you and your obsession about bashing Jews? It's eating you alive and rotting you from the inside out. Do you have some Jews in your gene pool? Maybe your mother or father are Jewish? You resent them because you're part Jewish and you see all those rich Jews in Hollywood and you wonder why you're poor and ignorant even though you're part Jewish? Or are you partly Jihadist on your father's side and KKK on your mother side. Maybe you're just partly radical Black Power Farrakhan supporters on one side of your family and Aryan Nation on the other side? No wonder you're so scr-wed up. Whatever you are, you ain't normal, that's for sure. You don't even have the decency to let someone be buried in peace. What a waste you are.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments