Celeb Chefs to 'Wish' Kid -- We'll Cook With You!

3/26/2011 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two TV chefs have stepped up to the plate -- and have offered to cook for a "Make-A-Wish" kid who was snubbed by "Barefoot Contessa" star Ina Garten ... TMZ has learned.

0325-symon-macmillan-ina-getty-EX
Food Network star Beau MacMillan and "Iron Chef" Michael Symon are both reaching out to 6-year-old Enzo ... hoping they can fill the void Garten left after she turned down the kid's "wish" to cook a meal together.

In fact, MacMillan tells us he's ready to fly Enzo and his entire family out to Arizona STAT -- put them up in a fancy resort and treat them all to a VIP dinner at his 5-star restaurant.

MacMillan says he also wants to bring Enzo into the kitchen so they can prepare the meal together.

As for Symon -- the chef tells us he'll be in Enzo's home state of Oregon in the very near future and would be more than happy to swing by Enzo's house to "cook a dish" with him too.

Bon appetit!

Ginny

I read today where Ina said after the complaints, this past weekend, she has volunteered to do it but the little guy said that he wants to swim with the dolphins now. Good for him. I hope he has a wonderful time. She always says, "Don't have to much fun until I get back." I hope he has a lot of fun with her not there.

Clarissa

I watch Ina every day but those days are over. My husband quit watching some time ago. He thinks she is a snob. I think he may be right.

Yankeegirl

Steve (#6)- go crawl under a rock and stay there.
It is nice to see that these people have a heart! I used to like the Barefoot Contessa too. What a bitch.

pinkytoe

So are you going to bother correcting your story now that you've succeeded in thoroughly assassinating Ina Garten's character, TMZ? As it turns out, Garten was never aware that such a request had been made, nor that her assistant had turned down such requests on her behalf in the past, the L.A. Times reports.

According to the Times, Garten, who's known for devoting a great deal of her time to charitable endeavors, is personally devastated by the flood of scathing criticism you've unleashed. You've lost any credibility you might have had as a "news" outlet. For shame.

Jo

I am or was a fan of Barefoot Contessa but not anymore.Ms Ina has time to cook for all her other 'friends". So sad!!! The only reason she agreed now is,shes getting a bad name!!!!!!!!!

johnny

A six year-old kid has been watching Ina Garten cook for three years (since he was three)? And his dying wish - he's in remission btw - is to cook with her?
Why?
This is by far the stupidest thing I've reasd today and obviously a huge pointless set up.

w

first off Ina u messed up big time,that being said perhaps she had some very personal reasons for not wanting to meet Enzo, nothing to do with Enzo himself.Some people have a great fear of cancer,or ill children(not knowing how to act/react) and then there are people who are just self centered,I really don't know where Ina "falls". I do know that Enzo will,by all accounts, have a much better time with Michael or Beau. These guys have big Hearts!! Kudos to u both!!

Andreas

Hopefully Ina never has a kid with cancer. While it was so very cool of the two blokes to offer up, fact is, Ina was this kid's fancy. She should change her mind before it's too late. Dolphins, great, cooking with Ina, even better.

Cas

How can anyone be so mean I never watch her agian. I come from a family thathat loves to cook well u know where her cookbooks went hope more chef's step up to the and have fun with child. Shee needs to be fired she has given the food network bad press.

Kerri

Let's have thousands of members by the weekend.
Boycott Barefoot Contessa Books and shows:

bytheway

Please not Rachel Ray, she has refused also, I mean she just ignore the message. A real young girl that had a kidney transplant, and since birth has had 30 operations and had asked Rachel for a picture and she wouldn't send one. She and that sheepdog of a husband. UGH. I will not watch her she either. I already blocked Ina, she can cook fo9r her Hampton friends. She lives in her own little world. ( A rich one). Rachel can go back up north (NY)and work in the grocery store that she worked in before. Can't stand them and Giada, another fake. Her food in tasteless, she made it there on her grandfather's name.All thre are fakes and not cooks. My grandaughter tried Rachel's book, she said the food was awful and my grandaugher is a great cook.Boycott all 3 of them, please.

bytheway

bytheway

Some people keep saying that Ina is a "star?" I don't know that she is a chef or.... just a cook. Now how busy can she be. She doesn't even leave the house. Too much of an effect. Howq many children want to cook with her? just one, right. If he lived in the Hamptons, maybe, just maybe she might make time , you know $$$$$$. The second her show came on today. I went to another channel. Don't for get, Rachel Ray ,she did the same thing to a little girl. I think we need new blood on the food network. These few we have think they are some kind of Gods. Rachel has made a lot of enemys in New York. Go back to work st the grocery store that you worked before. Maybe he'll hire you again., Rachel.

'Star

Lynette Smith

Good for these to caring chefs, you both have class, can't say the same for Ina!!!

marie

I don't think the FN could do any damage control for this except
get rid of INA ! I think these guys are sincere with their offers. I am a real foodie junkie. I will now email my friends and tell them to ban all things INA ! She can't even make it to NYC to the FN. EXCUSE ME SNOB from the hamptons. I work with cancer patients and she should see what they go thru. What goes around comes around Ina shame on you !