Celeb Chefs to 'Wish' Kid -- We'll Cook With You!

3/26/2011 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two TV chefs have stepped up to the plate -- and have offered to cook for a "Make-A-Wish" kid who was snubbed by "Barefoot Contessa" star Ina Garten ... TMZ has learned.

0325-symon-macmillan-ina-getty-EX
Food Network star Beau MacMillan and "Iron Chef" Michael Symon are both reaching out to 6-year-old Enzo ... hoping they can fill the void Garten left after she turned down the kid's "wish" to cook a meal together.

In fact, MacMillan tells us he's ready to fly Enzo and his entire family out to Arizona STAT -- put them up in a fancy resort and treat them all to a VIP dinner at his 5-star restaurant.

MacMillan says he also wants to bring Enzo into the kitchen so they can prepare the meal together.

As for Symon -- the chef tells us he'll be in Enzo's home state of Oregon in the very near future and would be more than happy to swing by Enzo's house to "cook a dish" with him too.

Bon appetit!

Melanie

Steve, I have a "wish kid", and I don't care what the motivation is - I'm happy that the men were able to step up and help make a wish come true.

Raejean

Ina Garten can go back to the Hamptons and stick her spatula up her butt as far as I'm concerned. I'll never watch another show. I have better things to do with my time.

Bobo Frog

N.O. Lady and the other crazy ladies are right. Stop pooping, people. For the love of humanity....stop....

Tammy

and she was approached twice about this and had scheduling problems both times.....SHAME on you INA!!!! she`s spoiled and living in the Hamptons....should`ve made time Ina!!

Steve...Karma will take care of your remark!! Pickin on a kid with Cancer. Ouch,that ones gonna hurt!!

Dbeorah

to the chef's who are honoring this little boys wish... God bless you both...

TLC

Give her a break.

Allison

Honestly, I never understood what was so amazing about Ina. I've watched her show once or twice and just never saw the draw. As for her being repeatedly too busy to help a child who has made multiple requests to cook with her, I just can't understand what she's doing with her time. Okay, I know she had a book tour and that's how they pushed off of the first request, but what about after? Michael Symon (who I was not a fan of) owns and is head chef of at least 1 restaurant as is Beau McMillan. Also, Symon is all over the Food Network right now with multiple guest appearances as well as his own show. Ina has one half hour weekly show. I'm missing how she couldn't find a half of a day to make a child's wish come true. I know that there are two sides to every story, but I can't possibly imagine any explanation that she can give to take away that this was just bad form. Oh and #65 - your last line is classic!

Munny

I have a feeling INA will have a lot more time on her hands in the near future after people stop watching her show, attending her appearances, and buying her books/wares. She'll never see another dollar out of my wallet. Ridiculous that she can't take a few hours out for a DYING 6 year old. Congrats to the chefs that stepped up.

Cheryl

The whole story smells and not of great food. I'd like to hear the other side of the story before making any decisions.

Mag

I agree, she had a whole year to make room for this kid's dying wish. Seriously, how many 6 year olds would pick "her" as their last dying wish. Paula Deen maybe, INA...less than a 1% chance. SHAME ON HER!!! Never again will I watch her show!!! BYOTCH!!!

Fred

Looks like Ina goes on the list with Mel Gibson, how sad is it that someone with her money and fame can't spend a few hours with a sick kid. Shame on you Ina, I hope your rating drop off the chart.

Bridget

I am a big fan of both these chefs and now even more so!

Do we know that the family is giving out the information or is it MAW?

I would still like to hear a comment from Ina herself. Thus far it is her "people" doing all the talking.

Wendi

Clearly, these are two stand up guys! Ina can just go suck it! Enzo will probably have much more fun with these guys in one second than he would have during one full day with that old grouchy lady!

shelle

This story broke my heart and bothered me all day yesterday..thanks so much to Beau and Michael for stepping up and doing a wonderful thing.God Bless. Michael, I'm coming to Lola's to give you a great big hug!! :)

Bee1

Hmmmm choosing to cook with an Iron Chef and having an absolute blast in the kitchen.....or being in the same room as a camel toed snooty female version of the Pilsbury Dough Boy. ABsolutely no contest!

I posted the TMZ article on Twitter last night, and got loads of RT`s from it.