Lindsay Lohan -- I Wasn't Drunk When I Got Tipsy!

4/1/2011 4:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan says she was NOT loaded on grandpa's cough medicine -- aka booze, hooch, or liquor -- when she busted her butt in NYC ... telling TMZ flat-out, "I was NOT drinking, nor do I drink!"

0331_lindsay_excl
LiLo is on the defensive after being photographed going down hard outside the Motor City Bar on Wednesday -- because some people had the audacity to think Lindsay Lohan falling down outside a bar may mean she fell off the wagon.

But that's not the case ... because Lohan tells TMZ, "I was with my brother, sister and friends. I was making a joke. They're trying to make something out of nothing."

Lindsay adds, "Just because I'm out doesn't mean I'm drinking."

andyconda

i have given up a lot of friends because they drank to much and got in trouble alot. i will go shoot pool once in a while and do have a few beers . i miss my friends and what partying we have done but i had to change to better myself. i go to a VA class every thursday and surround my self with better people. she is a lost cause

normal person

I live in a college town and Lilo antics are nothing compared to what goes on in a college town. How about spring break in Florida with girls gone wold. And you hater pick on Lilo as if she was the only 24 year old you has done drug and alcohol.

wolf

THE S***BAG LYING HOOKER LOOKING BITCH IS A PUNCHLINE NOW...YOU MENTION LINDSAY LOHAN AND PEOPLE ROLL THEIR EYES AND LAUGH...SHE IS A JOKE AND WILL WHITTLE AWAY--FILTH

andyconda

normal person i live near daytona my question is if you are on probation over and over again and just left rehab. should you bring a minor to a bar and do a face plant on a nasty side walk and if you look at the facts during spring break there are hundreds of arrests. so what you are saying minors should party all night at bars

Donnabee

JUST STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!! Gah!

AddieTrish

If it looks like a duck,walks like a duck,quacks like a duck.......

themare

Normal person, the thing is that she brought a minor child into the bar (which should be shut down), kept her out until early next morning (doesn't Ali go to school anymore?). Her stupid brother should be ashamed of himself.

andyconda

normal person please dont have kids you find it ok for Ali to be out bar hopping underage. what would you tell your kids " you can smoke a small piece of crack not too much you might get addicted" "

Twixz

Yo y'all don't think you should give the chick a break already! everyone bugging her out so she's getting frustrated. How would you all feel if you're constantly being attacked by the media? and by them doing so, wouldn't you turn to booze or having a good time to get all the Stress off?? After all we're all human only difference she got/had a **** load of $$. so ya'll need to chillax.

normal person

I believe it was a restaurant and yes restaurant sell liquor. I really don't believe that she was drinking as it kind of hard to hide if your her. She knows everyone is watching all her moves.

Delmar

Ali is not at the bar. What is Lindsay talking about?

pat

Someone should report her for taking an underaged kid to bars.

AnnieSH

Would all of you white trash idiots shut up about her smoking? It's not like you give a crap about her health any way. In fact I'm surprised you don't encourage her to smoke more so she'll get cancer. That would make your day, wouldn't it?

normal person

Restaurant don't usually have age restrictions. Given the notoriety of the Lohans it is doubtful that a real bar would let Ali in nor serve her.

Julie

Either she is lieing regarding her sister, or this is another example of Dina Lohan's horrible parenting skills. Ali is a minor, and she is high school age. She shouldn't be at a bar, and she certainly shouln't be out until 4 A.M. on a school night (even if she is "home schooled").

And we've heard it before only to be contradicted by dirty drug tests, DUI arrests, or SCRAM bracelets alerting. I don't buy for one minute that she is not drinking and/or drugging again. That's what you do when you go out.