Jackson Statue Erected Outside Soccer Stadium

4/3/2011 1:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

English Premier League soccer and Michael Jackson are synonymous with each other (just go with it) so it should come as no surprise that a statute in his honor was unveiled outside a stadium in London today.

0403_michael_jackson_statue_getty
Turns out the owner of the Fulham FC, Mohamed Al Fayed, was close friends with Jackson. He had originally planned to put the statue outside of Harrods in London, but he sold the store last year.

So now it is displayed outside of a soccer stadium in London. Perfect match.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

lulabelle

the statue does not look like him as it has a real nose.

Sugar Kitty

This statue will be frightening to little boys. Bobo Frog, your comment is a little over the top there you know.

frankentit

STOP IDOLIZING THAT PREVERTED JUNKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lovemj

Cool! Always good to see a nice story about a real MJ friend instead of all the negative shi t.

Slutty Whores Rock

Leave it to the Brits who are fascinated with soccer, the gayest game on earth, to worship the homosexual child molester MJ.
I have no idea where Fulham is, but i wish their team nothing but failure.

mary

The best he ever looked.

sunshinerad

This is awesome.

Sugar Kitty

LOL @ Bobo Frog, you are a man with no boundaries.

Jamine

I LOVE YOU MICHEAL :) I'm so glad this statue is up:) He was the most amazing human being! I don't know how people could be so cruel to him when all he did was give to charities and try to make this world a better place! It makes me cry seeing all these hurtful comments! He will always be one of the most AMAZING human beings! RIP MJJ <3 God Bless you all! Tweet me @Jasminepena93 if ur an MJ fan too :)

lovemj

I see I'm alone here - phantom, mymjj5, help! I need some positive beams here...

lovemj

Hi Jamine, I thought it was great I was getting on a post at the start for once, but dang, this negative shi t start early huh. Oh well, guess I'll check back later for any info the real people have. To great a day to waste on nonsense.

Allison

It looks more like Lil Wayne.

Hannah H.

FOREVER THE BEST, MICHAEL JACKSON!
Thank You, Mohamed Al Fayed.
"SOON AND VERY SOON, WE'RE GOING TO SEE THE KING OF POP"!
SUNFLOWERS AND LOVE TO ALL BELIEVERS.

CrashAndBurn

Looks more like Jermaine than Michael.

Puckett

What an awful statue, and yet it still looks more human then Micheal did. Micheal had lost his human features and simply looked humanoid at the time of his death. It was disturbing to look at him.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments