« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Evelyn Lozada Doubles Salary on 'Basketball Wives'

4/5/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Evelyn Lozada got a HUGE raise before she struck a deal with VH1 to stay on board for Season 3 of “Basketball Wives” -- in fact, we're told she more than DOUBLED her old salary.

0404_evelyn_lozada_EX_Getty

Sources close to the production tell TMZ, Evelyn didn't get the $20k per episode she demanded ... but we're told she's "very happy" with the counter-offer.

But Evelyn didn't just get a pay bump -- we're told Producers also APOLOGIZED to Lozada for the way she was portrayed in the Season 2 finale ... a huge reason why Evelyn was hesitant to re-sign with the network.

We're told Lozada -- who threatened to leave the show after she felt the producers backstabbed her -- is happy with the new deal ... and shooting is already underway.

0221_nba_wives_guess_who_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cartman

I've never even watched one episode of that mess.

Too many housewive shows to keep up with.

GRYFFINDOR!

I've never even heard of this show except here on TMZ. It sounds boring. She gets paid way too much for some stupid reality show just because she got banged by a basketball player.

Jodi

I watch the show and it's all about back stabbing, cussing, fighting and and other asinine BS. Same as most of these reality shows. She's the one engaged to football player Chad Cincoocho or whatever his name is.

Since I read she only made $7,000 dollar plus change per episode last season I'm assuming she's getting a little over $15,000 per episode this season.

Landshark

Meanwhile Cops and Firefighters are dying for 14 bucks an hour..

No wonder this world is so F*cked up..

RealityBites

The sad thing is I don't think any of them are married to any basketball players, it's such a sorry show, the only famous person on there is "Tammy" who was on Real World....

Angel

Black women with blond hair? Interesting.

She is beautiful, but desperate to be white, and why?

I guess I will go get a "Jerry-curl", or "Jheri-curl".

rofl

Andyace

Who?

AyeJay

@ Angel - She's not black, she's Puerto Rican.

VH1 really sucks at making "reality shows" to be quite honest, all the women on that show are either ex-wifes or ex-girlfriends. None are actually married to NBA players. Also, Evelyn is getting married to an NFL player who is trying to get into the MLS (soccer)! I'm not hating on the girl but shiat VH1, if you're going to make a show about a specific type of 'housewife' show - atleast make it accurate and viable.

lynn

Shame on you VH1...you'll do anything for a buck even if it means subjecting us to another season with this money hungry whore.

Dan Kemp

She has a Great Face, I hope she earns a bunch of Money for that..)dk

carla

I guess she figured she better not cut off her nose to spite her face by leaving the show considering her fiance Chad is going through a lock out...she knows her days are numbered with him since he got to see what a slut she really was anyway.

rene

I love Basketball wives,Jersey Shore,Hip Hop wives,The Hills,What Chilli wants,Family affair, The new hair show and Jerseylicious. Thanks VH1 and MTV. I wonder if the haters making rude comments are the ones Chad dumped? LOL!

April

@ AyeJay

@AyeJay

Puerto Rican is an ethnicity not a race.

Blacks can be Puerto Rican or Whites can be Puerto Rican, for instance, Jennifer Lopez is a white Puerto Rican, LaLa Vasquez is a black Puerto Rican. Evelyn obviously looks like she has black roots. She is not a white woman.

Momma Smurf

Every reality show needs at least one really mean, nasty, vicious, horrible, self loving and self praising individual to keep their ratings up and this is the grand prize winner by a long shot. The ugliness of her personality takes away from her make up provided beauty - if any really exists. The truth is that she did sleep with the other woman's husband years earlier and should have kept it quiet if she did not want it broadcast. Can you say home wrecking heffer?

AyeJay

@ April - I know that. BUT I'm pretty sure Angel was talking about her being black as in African American. My mother is a white Mexican so I'm pretty sure I myself know that information, I'm not stupid.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments