Trump Rips Bill Cosby -- He's a Two-Faced Phony!

4/11/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is firing back at Bill Cosby after the comedian blasted the billionaire on "The Today Show" last week -- claiming Bill's nothing more than an underhanded backstabber.

0411_trump_bill_BN_TMZ

It's all over a statement Bill made on "The Today Show," claiming the Donald should either "run or shut up" -- referring to Trump's ambiguous stance on running for President in 2012.

Trump -- who can't publicly declare his candidacy until "Celebrity Apprentice" is over -- returned fire today in a statement, claiming, "While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him ... he was always so nice."

Trumps adds, "If [Bill] doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not ... treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around."

Check out Trump's full statement after the jump.

The Donald's Statement

April 11, 2011

The other day on The Today Show, right after I was interviewed by Meredith Vieira, a terrific person and reporter, I happened to watch Bill Cosby who was on at the end of the show. While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him—the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest—he was always so nice, saying “let’s get together”—asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a “great tailor.”

In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up.  I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently “you run or shut up.” The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends. I know that he has taken a lot of heat over the years  in that he seems to be talking down to the people he’s talking to and purportedly trying to help. Actually, based on the way he acted, things are not looking too good for Cosby.

I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my “green room” in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought.

noneofyourbusiness

Just because he may like you as a person, Mr. Trump, does not mean he would vote for you as President. That does not mean he is a back-stabber! I have plenty of friends that I like, but there is not a chance in hell they would make a good president! Mr. Trump gets his poor little feelings hurt way too easily. If you can't take the heat Trump-stay out of the race.

Home Skillet

Get in the race, Donald! It will be soooo entertaining to watch you lose soooo badly!!

Liz

Why is Cosby "obviously" an Obama fan?

Lori

Yeesh Trumpy... shut your yap. I didn't think Bill Cosby was mean at all. Bill Cosby is a classy man and you wouldn't know class if it slapped you in the face.

Jeanie

Ya know it bugs me to see that certain members on this board are interjecting racism on here...N.O. Lady...you are outta line.

David

If I had a choice between short circuiting glitchy unpredictable cyborg made in russia or obama, I would be voting cyborg. Home Skillet, youre an obama nut riding idiot. Any man who can accomplish what Trump has in his life would be a much better choice to run this country than ... well a black dude ... cause thats obamas only qualification. You got to show proof of us citizenship to et a freaking job but not to be president??? LoL???

Home Skillet

Written is true desperation mode from someone who is grasping at personal tastes... not fact.

He goes for the regional slam because he has nothing to back up his garbage. He just uses personal conjecture to try and prove whatever point he is trying to make. The he goes for cut downs when he knows he cant find anything concrete that Obama has done.

He's funny, and he's probably single, cuz who could put up with that tiny brain of his.

Posted at 2:08 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by Chaz
_______________________________________________

Hey Chaz - thanks for the compliments.

NOW, I already told you, although I suspect your reading comprehension level doesn't equip you to be able to keep up, I am NOT listing the accomplishments of the Obama Administration to YOU because you haters will NEVER LISTEN!! You hate him, nothing I can say or prove or present will change your mind - you think he was born in God Damn Kenya, for God's sake. THAT is who I'm supposed to be supplying information to? PUUUHHHLEASE!!!! I'd have more luck showing a Power Point presentation of President Obama's progress to a God Damn carton of milk.

OBAMA in 2012!!! A true, American and Patriotic President!!

feliciarox

I just love how he wrote the Obama thing. Well, if he doesn't like me, then it MUST be Obama, ya know, cuz they are both black! So Cosby must LOVE Obama right? Trump is sad in so many ways.

mkope1

BILL COSBY IS A KNOWN RACIST!!!STFU 2 PEOPLE WHO DONT THINK THAT!!!OR JUST COME BY ME IN N.Y AND ILL CRACK UR SKULL FOR YOU!!TOUGH BEHIND A KEYBOARD LOL CRACKHEADS!!

Chris

Bill Cosby is a serial RAPIST. Why would ANYONE care what he thinks?

If you don't believe me, google his name and rapist and you'll be surprised at his criminal history. He would be in jail if he didn't have the money to pay people off.

Home Skillet

Posted at 2:11 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by David
____________________________________________________

You know, it's alarming how many brain-dead conservatards we have in this country, as exhibited in the above post. You dumb****s can't even admit that you've already seen President Obama's birth certificate ... the very same certificate that allows him to get a driver's license, mortgage, passport - the same birth certificate that says he's as American as apple pie. David, do yourself a favor and take Fox's **** out of your ass.

Big Jim Slade

Donald won't run, he has too much dirty laundry. He's just using the hype for his tv show.

David

Oh and for all you politically correct wannabe zombies on here shedding tears over the racism on this board... what the hell really? You morons who let cnn tell you how you should feel and whats acceptable must have forgot that bill cosby hates your white guts and would kill every last one of you if he could get away with it. In fact, most blacks feel the same way... but thats cool right? Anyone who says otherwise dont know any real black folks, you must only know they black guy thats hanging around trying to screw your wife or girl. Yeah, hes a really cool black guy... Trying to force our races together who are natural enemies is going to blow up one day. A lion will only tolerate a hyena for so long.

Rico

Wait, wait, wait! Just because some idiot writes a comment in what appears to be "ebonics", readers automatically assume that person is Black, and start to engage in racial rants against Blacks. I see it way too often on these boards. Some idiot leaves a comment like, "Kill all whiteys!" and then the racial retorts come flying out of thin air. Not everyone who baits you into responding is who they say they are!!!!

Jeanie

I think that Trump definitely is a savvy business man...But SO are the guys that work for Goldman Sachs!!! DON'T let him fool ya my friend...He WILL wreak havoc in the White House, if he were to win...

Just so ppl know my stance...In 2008 I was not an Obama fan...This was because I didn't think that he had the proper experience to run for presidency...Also, I didn't think that he was very well versed in foreign policy...Not to mention the fact that--back then, I leaned more towards the Republican side of politics...However; socially, I am more liberal. And lately I've realized that Republicans are heartless, and meiserly, and hypocritical, so I now consider myself to be an independent.

But the WORST of all?? GEORGE BUSH is like the anti-Christ!!! People...I know things about this man that would make your hair stand on ends, if I had the time to inform you...