Trump Rips Bill Cosby -- He's a Two-Faced Phony!

4/11/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is firing back at Bill Cosby after the comedian blasted the billionaire on "The Today Show" last week -- claiming Bill's nothing more than an underhanded backstabber.

0411_trump_bill_BN_TMZ

It's all over a statement Bill made on "The Today Show," claiming the Donald should either "run or shut up" -- referring to Trump's ambiguous stance on running for President in 2012.

Trump -- who can't publicly declare his candidacy until "Celebrity Apprentice" is over -- returned fire today in a statement, claiming, "While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him ... he was always so nice."

Trumps adds, "If [Bill] doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not ... treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around."

Check out Trump's full statement after the jump.

The Donald's Statement

April 11, 2011

The other day on The Today Show, right after I was interviewed by Meredith Vieira, a terrific person and reporter, I happened to watch Bill Cosby who was on at the end of the show. While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him—the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest—he was always so nice, saying “let’s get together”—asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a “great tailor.”

In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up.  I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently “you run or shut up.” The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends. I know that he has taken a lot of heat over the years  in that he seems to be talking down to the people he’s talking to and purportedly trying to help. Actually, based on the way he acted, things are not looking too good for Cosby.

I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my “green room” in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought.

KoJo

If Trump becomes President, I am moving myself to Canada!

Brian B.

@ Jeanie

I doubt I have a genius I.Q. - but I guess I don't need it to detect how DUMB some of the posters are on here...LOL!!

eastcoastelliott

is this for the cosby bucket list ! worthless in the show business world

HamptonsHarry

Hey Brian gas was at $1.78 a gallon when dumb **** took office. It's at $4.00 a gallon now. The debt is at 14 trillion. Do you even have a clue what's going on?

Brian B.

LOL...You morons...Jeanie posted she aint readin your crap, so why bother to address her?? Just like you attacked Home Skillet you're all just a bunch of ignorant HICKS from the STICKS...

LMFAO!!

Pongo

Don't care for either of them, but agree with Bill on this one. I'm sick of all these 'will he/she or won't he/she run' stunts on the part of the Republicans. Being pathologically indecisive (talking to you Ms. Palin) is not very presidential. They should put up or shut up. If Trump knew he was not free to declare, he should have kept it to himself until he was and spared all of us this pathetic self-promotion tour he's on.

randomnone

Next the annoying orange will be complaining about John Legend. Bring it on dumbo. As for the low information people in here - ignore them ppl! Do not feed the trolls.

HamptonsHarry

Are you the Tmz Comment Monitor Brian? Shut the **** up, I will address who I want when I want.

Missy

Obama is a TERRIBLE President! He has NO balls at all and can't run this country if his life depended on it! It is really irritating to me, that black people like Obama simply because of the color of his skin...guess y'all didn't really listen to what Martin Luther King said afterall...

Brian B.

As entertaining as it is to blast yo asses for being the ignorant racists y'all are...Let's get back to the reason I came here to begin with..

Trump better just quit dreamin...He would run this country like Hitler ran NAZI Germany...

Home Skillet

LMFAO!!

Posted at 2:58 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by Brian B.
_________________________________________________

Thanks, Brian B!

MARKIS

@N.O. Lady: I'm sorry, the worst President of the United States will ALWAYS be George W. Bush..........

HamptonsHarry

Obama is even worse than Carter. I didn't think it was possible to find someone worse than Carter.

Chun LI

STFU Donald

julie

I believe that Trump will uncover Obama's Kenyan birth certificate. Go Donald!!!!