Eddie Murphy -- I'm Shrek'd Out!

4/12/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Eddie Murphy's days as a donkey are OVER ... because last night outside Mastro's steakhouse, the comic legend told us, "No more Shrek ... I'm Shrek'd out!"041211_eddie_murphy_still

Maybe he'll finally get back into stand-up (fingers crossed)?????

THIN LIZZY

He needs to re-make the King of Comedy with Dave Chapelle.

Laura H

Eddie Murphy is in the new movie "Tower Heist" with Ben Stiller and Casey Affleck. Comedy or action, I do not know but hope it will be good.

Momba

I use to really like Eddie and his movies, but after turning his back on the child he Fathered I find him pathetic and an over inflated ego!
Why doesn't he take some time and get to know that precious little girl and stop worrying about Donkey. At least Donkey was a good father!

fran

Eddie you are good in shrek and it put food on the table, you werent doing anything else anyway...dont bite the hand that feeds you...I havent enjoyed you in anything else but Bev.cop..and then your ego got in the way. i think I would be grateful for shrek if I were you.

Laura

Eddie Murphy is in the new Bret Ratner directed movie "Tower Hiest" w/Ben Stiller and Casey Affleck. Don't know if it is comedy or action. When it is coming out, your guess is as good as mine!

a mere mortal

I would definitely like to see him do a standup tour,
if he got some really good writers, paid them good money and they wrote a kick ass show together.

Arenas, without a doubt, if he did it right.

TEE

I worked for Dreamworks and worked on the making of Shrek on the paramount studios lot at the time.
The reason Eddie played a great Donkey is because he is a real ass!!

Laurie

I love Donkey! If Puss n Boots can have his own movie, so can Donkey! I also love Eddie's stand up back in the day. I bet he could still bring it! He brought a lot of sassy humor to his role of Donkey and other films over the years. Bring it Eddie! He definitely would be a lot better than Charlie Sheen! Why are people actually paying money to see him? I would pay to see Eddie!

Scudrunner51

I agree with #15 & #39....Yes his personality needs some refinement but he really should move on & do some serious acting for a change..He has the talent...

Robbbb

That's what Martin should say about Big Mama. He should be tired of playing Big Mama. He should have been tired of Big Mama, I sure am. I agree with Eddie.

Robbbb

That's what Martin should say about Big Mama. He should have been sick of Big Mama, I shure am. I agree with Eddie.

Robbbb

__________

bobby

the dude is worth 300 million. he can do what he wants. But, he was snubbed at Oscars. twice.

Tim

The car is a Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe.

OmegaXS1

Its not like he wrote all his stand up jokes up by himself. All he has to do is get a couple current funny guy writers to write up some lines for him etc etc etc & BAM! He's doing stand up again...but, maybe not in large venues like he once use to :)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments