Charlie Sheen Cheats Smoking Law in Toronto

4/14/2011 9:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen just found a way to skirt Toronto's strict anti-smoking laws during his show there -- lighting up an electronic cigarette.

0414_charlie_show_bn_wm_2

Shortly after Charlie hit the stage in Toronto's Massey Hall ... our spies say he bragged about not having an ashtray and said he didn't need any cigs. However, a few minutes later he sparked up one of those electronic cigarettes.

Massey Hall management told TMZ they might shut down the show if Charlie lit up on stage because they could face up to $100,000 in fines from the city.

Charlie's been smoking almost non-stop during every other stop on the tour.

We're told he did light up some real tobacco though ... in front of fans who gathered outside the theater right before the show.

0414_crowd_outside_charlie

By the way, so far so good ... the crowd inside is loving Sheen's act.

UPDATE 6:07PM PDT: Charlie just thumbed his nose at that letter from WB ... telling the crowd, "Negotiations with 'Two and a Half Men' are moving forward. We need to get in a room and fix this thing ... give the people what they want."

Stay tuned ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

rico

OH NO, THE PEOPLE IN CANADA ARE IDIOTS TOO?

teamsheen

BEGIN TRANSMISSION KANUCK. YOUR LORD AND MASTER HAS ARRIVED CANA DUH. BOW DOWN AND LICK THE FEET OF THE MIGHTY WARLOCK. COME SHOW YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT FOR THE MESSIAH OF MALIBU. COME ONE COME ALL OO LA LA. BRING YOUR FRENCH FRIES YOUR FRENCH BREAD AND YOUR FRENCH TOAST. LETS ALL GET HIGH AND BUY CHARLIES MERCHANDISE.

Autumn_in_Michigan

Well, Nancy - I guess you were right about those scalped tickets :-)

Autumn_in_Michigan

rico 2 minutes ago
OH NO, THE PEOPLE IN CANADA ARE IDIOTS TOO?

~~~~~~~~

Yeah, aint it a shame? Is there no where to go to get away from it?

Oh, well - the show has just started. Most shows started out well - "wild applause" - but the trick is to hold the audience and for the show to end well. So, we will see just how much they are idiots.

yo

For Carlso the crackwhore... doing "so far so good" means that half the audience hasn't run screaming for the exits yet. If he doesn't get massively booed they call it "killing it" because the bar is set so low, so very very low for this loser.

thestones

Charlie mocking Cryer in Toronto; mocking he makes/made twice as much.
Doesn't sound like very good negotiations to me?

en Todo Momento!!

whaaaaaaa?????! they have LAWS! in canada????!! omg, issa changin my plans!! i'm stayin in mehico!!

sparky

Sheen is still claiming they are proceeding with negotiations to get 2 1/2 men back on by August. What a looser!!!

Squirtle

So I am just guessing.

He comes on the stage, tells lies that sound interesting, people who bought tickets believe him, and he is "winning" huge bucks? Even though(I must say this), he keeps telling to the ticket owners that he already has their money!!!

I am not from the States. But what the hell is wrong with you, people? Stop this mess before all the non Americans start to realize how dumb Americans(you) really are. I myself know that's not a case, I have plenty American friends and each one of them is special in some way. But sadly people have tendency to stereotype a human being, and America is already full of stereotypes. Now imagine what could a person think if that person believed every single stereotype is true?

Dump this Sheen and his signature "Winning"

Follow me on twitter. http://twitter.com/JasminB2

What a show to remember!!!

BetterThanYou

Poor addict. Can't go two ****ing hours without a fix.

Nancy

Judging from the play by play I'm getting from Toronto, the crowd is loving Russel Peters, who is evidently "emceeing" the show for Charlie. Peters, I gather, is a highly popular REAL comedian in Canada.

PRO US

Fast breaking news:

I read sources today said 3rd parties were in discussions with WB and Charlie and a certain NY Billionaire Real Estate Mogul: Charlie is being considered as the new spokesperson for a National Over The Counter (OTC) medication brand.

Suggested script:

Charlie (sitting at table, looking up at Donald)
Donald: "Charlie, you're fired!"
Charlie: (Turns to Chuck on his right)I'm so scr-wed, my butt kills, bro. That's why I use ______ hemorrhoid cream."
Chuck: "For the biggest pain in the butt, ______ hemorrhoid cream!"

Nancy

Check this out... they don't sound terribly impressed thus far.

Autumn_in_Michigan

Nancy less than a minute ago

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That could be the smartest thing he has done so far on tour.

Nancy

Charlie's blowing a lot more smoke about "negotiations" with WB over his "return" to the show. Like, by August??? Somehow, I highly doubt that.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments