Stripper Says Dr. Murray Wanted Sleep As MJ Died

4/18/2011 10:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A stripper who received a call from Dr. Conrad Murray just hours before Michael Jackson died told LAPD detectives the doc "sounded tired and he was like I'm gonna get some sleep whatever."

0207_conrad_mj_Getty_TMZ_EX_02

The stripper, Michelle Bella, met Dr. Murray at the Spearmint Rhino gentleman's club in Las Vegas in 2008.  The story of how they met is hilarious, but first the important stuff.

Bella told detectives ... on June 25, 2009, Dr. Murray left a message on her phone at about 8:30 AM.  According to sources with direct knowledge of the case ... Bella told cops Murray had mentioned Michael Jackson to her before and said, "I mean his schedule was obviously, you know -- I know that he was like up all hours because of his work so when -- so when he called, you know, he sounded tired and he was like I'm gonna get some sleep whatever."

The interview is significant -- TMZ broke a story on July 27, 2009 that "Authorities believe Dr. Murray may have actually fallen asleep during the time the drug [Propofol] was administered and may have awakened to find Jackson already dead from heart failure."

Now the hilarious part.  Bella told cops about the magic moment when she met Murray at Spearmint Rhino  -- "He came in there with his scrubs and he was there with like a client of his."  Bella, who says she was studying to be a chiropractic assistant, says, "We were just sharing some like, you know, medical knowledge and this and that and I know he was intrigued with me."

Murray must have been intensely impressed with her medical knowledge.  According to the transcript, Bella says she "sat with him for about roughly like an hour and a half and he paid me $1,000."

Dr, heal thyself!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Cartman

Strippers are a wealth of information, ask Charley Sheen.

WetChiliFart

She like totally sounds educated and stuff, you know?

Lynn

Ok, so he was tired. That's not a crime. Doctors work long, awkward hours. They often get tired. Why is this even a story? Next!

Julies

MJ did a lot to harm himself. When people get tired enough, they sleep. Seems MJ wanted a high before sleeping, or had to come down from something else. MJ is the one accountable. Sad his family has to deal with the reality of his final days and messed-up priorities and thinking now.

mariam

At last justice for someone who lost their life due to malpractice.
The world is watching to see if justice is found.
Good luck Katherine.. Stay Strong.... we are all praying for you and your family.

gayforliztaylor

the strippers were more human looking than alien mj.

J. Sarayda Shapiro, PhD

Since Conrad Murray had ONLY one patient--Michael Jackson--there's really no excuse for him sleeping on the job. It's not like he was an overwhelmed medical resident working 100 hours a week.

Michael Jackson had severe anxiety that could have been treated with nonaddictive antianxiety drugs such as Buspar or SSRIs. He should not have been treated long-term with benzodiazepines (such as Xanax), let alone given Propofol. None of his doctors correctly diagnosed and treated his anxiety, or he would still be with us today.

I'm a psychologist who will have lots more to say as the Murray trial progresses. Follow my twitter feed for more info.

J. Sarayda Shapiro, PhD

LadyD

Prayers for the Jackson family.

gayforliztaylor

he lip synched so much; a handsome impersonator would be
a better entertainer in the concerts. mj was pitiful, elderly and disfigured... he still was addicted to changing his face with plastic and botox. he couldn't reserve any strength to make the right decisions.

lisa2

Just as I always suspected. Sleeping and Macking on the job NOT monitoring his shoddy equipment.

Jail him for negligent homicide!!!!!!!!

Criss

This doesn't surprise me at all.

nan

it must have been an anatomy lesson..what a piece of crap this man is

I Hate MJ

I Hate MJ.

I Hate MJ

I have my Coke, candy and popcorn ready...so...ON WITH THE TRIAL.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments