Stripper Says Dr. Murray Wanted Sleep As MJ Died

4/18/2011 10:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A stripper who received a call from Dr. Conrad Murray just hours before Michael Jackson died told LAPD detectives the doc "sounded tired and he was like I'm gonna get some sleep whatever."

0207_conrad_mj_Getty_TMZ_EX_02

The stripper, Michelle Bella, met Dr. Murray at the Spearmint Rhino gentleman's club in Las Vegas in 2008.  The story of how they met is hilarious, but first the important stuff.

Bella told detectives ... on June 25, 2009, Dr. Murray left a message on her phone at about 8:30 AM.  According to sources with direct knowledge of the case ... Bella told cops Murray had mentioned Michael Jackson to her before and said, "I mean his schedule was obviously, you know -- I know that he was like up all hours because of his work so when -- so when he called, you know, he sounded tired and he was like I'm gonna get some sleep whatever."

The interview is significant -- TMZ broke a story on July 27, 2009 that "Authorities believe Dr. Murray may have actually fallen asleep during the time the drug [Propofol] was administered and may have awakened to find Jackson already dead from heart failure."

Now the hilarious part.  Bella told cops about the magic moment when she met Murray at Spearmint Rhino  -- "He came in there with his scrubs and he was there with like a client of his."  Bella, who says she was studying to be a chiropractic assistant, says, "We were just sharing some like, you know, medical knowledge and this and that and I know he was intrigued with me."

Murray must have been intensely impressed with her medical knowledge.  According to the transcript, Bella says she "sat with him for about roughly like an hour and a half and he paid me $1,000."

Dr, heal thyself!

gayforliztaylor

BEEN OVER THIS, LOCK HIM UP OR LET HIM GO, M J WAS A JUNKY SORRY TO SAY, AND HE'S BEEN KILLING HIMSELF FOR YEARS, NOW MOMMA JACKSON WANTS TO HOLD SOMEONE ACCOUNTABLE,FOR HIS DEATH......THE MAN KILLED HIMSELF, FOR A LONG TIME AND COMING. RIP M J, U ARE MISSED.kris 5 hours ago
Agree with your reasoning. if the so called co-workers and jackson family had not pressured him to have the concert and reunion, no sleep disorder and doctor bribery would be possible. if he hadn't enjoyed being an overrated, confused brat celebrity, mj wouldn't have been killed. he almost destroyed himself when he stubbornly stayed around evan and jordan chandler, and was manipulated by SNEDDON who exploited mj's addiction to 13 year old boys.

Eleonora49

dd 3 minutes ago

dd,
You are so right, I work 2 jobs and I adjusted my sleep schedual the best I can for the jobs. I wake up at 3AM, Clean my house, laundry, etc, then I leave at 5AM. I leave that job at 4:30PM and start the other job at 6PM and work till 11PM. That only gives me 4 hours of sleep. I don't fall asleep on the job at all. I don't sleep inbetween jobs either. Doctor Murry should be ashamed of myself, I am even a single mom. You have to do what you have to do to pay the bills, but you are still responsible for those you take care of. The man is just sickening to me. He makes me cry.

Eleonora49

Oh, sorry. Typo. I said "of myself" when I meant "of himself."

Chic

If what she says is true this man is quilty of total recklessness 2rd degree(imo),license revoked. He should
have requested an assistant and had the proper medical
equipment. This quackster is a sex addict,no self
control.

Siggisis

Pegasus 30 minutes ago
Siggisis:

It seems that Everyone on Murray's side, keeps changing their story in one way or another - it just shows their lack of credibility and that of Murray. Just a thought! Murray still HAS NO DEFENSE!!!

___________

And he KNOWS it! All those desperate antics, weird and CHANGING stories about what happened that dreadful night/morning ("Michael Jackson drank Propofol-laced juice being the most ridiculous to date!).
He knows it, all puffy in the face with a lost look. He should have THOUGT before he acted so recklessly that he killed a man. YUKK

moni

Ulja 7 minutes ago

In case one doctor falls asleep or something else happens with him there should be always an assistant while anesthesia is .

-----------

Yes – an assistant, or at least some monitoring equipment.

If a doctor sees no other possiblity to get some rest from his patient than to set him under anasthesia – what kind of doctor is that?

Michael was Murray's only patient, and he was paid most generously enough to focus his interest completely on his well being. He knew damn well that the main part of his job was to "take care" of him at night. He should have gotten himself enough sleep to be fit and watchful during that time – just like each responsible person does before a night shift.
But well, responsibility has obviously never been one of Murray's most striking characteristics...

dd

@Eleonara God Bless U tough schedule..I guess the so called doc forgot that all his cheap ass had to do was hire a nurse to assist him.

gayforliztaylor

everyone assumes the defendant was so harmful that everything was covered correctly and reported by the media and interviewees.

Eleonora49

Chic, you are sooooo right! Some Men are just having SEX in their BRAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!Dr Murray has a Sexual problem.Sex and women......

Eleonora49

dd 9 minutes ago

Problem is, if that nurse was female, he probably would of been to busy having sex with her than taking care Michael.

Ivan in Phoenix

So because he wanted to take a nap, that makes him responsible for MJ overdosing? MJ was a drug addict pure and simple and Michael wasn't honest enough to tell him all the drugs he was doing which cost him his life.

gayforliztaylor

if he was a sickly or sleepless patient, it would be no drug lie and a million dollar promise. a patient doesn't spend 150,000 a month while risking his life with no real medication and urgent care.

aston

Sig -

"Michael Jackson drank Propofol-laced juice being the most ridiculous to date!"

I pondered that possibility (and you know where I stand regarding Murray's guilt, I regard him guilty of criminal neglect at the least). Of course I didn't believe Michael himself would put propofol in the juice bottle. If it would have been Murray or someone else, I don't know. It would be a cunning way to fool Michael to drink propofol and then claim he drank directly from the propofol vial.

But it is only wild speculation.

Eleonora49

Yes, Murray is responcible. He supplied the dugs and injected Michael with it before. Then, he did not watch him and did not have the correct equipment in the room for taking that drug, and how would you like it if the doctor would fall asleep or talk on the phone with a stripper while he sedated you, or even operated on you? That's like flying a plane with a drunken pilot!

aston

Yes, if Murray fell asleep, he's responsible for Michael's death. If he left the room, if he stopped monitoring Michael for even three seconds (which he did, more than that), he's responsible. It's like a surgeon falling asleep or leaving the theater during open heart surgery, leaving the patient's heart wide open and with no one to stop bleeding and stitch up the gash. It's that serious.