« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

McCourts Investigated by IRS

4/20/2011 6:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Internal Revenue Service is investigating the finances surrounding the L.A. Dodgers as well as Frank and Jamie McCourt ... sources connected with the team tell TMZ.

McCourt IRS Investigation

TMZ has learned of the investigation in the wake of Commissioner Bud Selig's announcement that Major League Baseball has taken over the financial operation of the team.

Sources tell TMZ ... the IRS investigation was triggered by a number of disclosures surrounding the McCourt divorce.  In particular, IRS agents are interested in the fact that the McCourts took $145 million from the team and paid no taxes (certain court documents place the figure at around $105 million, but we're told it's actually $145 mil).

The IRS is also interested in the fact that the McCourt children have drawn a salary from the team but performed no apparent services to justify the payout.

And the IRS is focusing on certain team losses that were carried forward.

And we're told the California Franchise Tax Board is also looking at the situation.

0420_tax_problems_launch_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Googie

Greedy lowlifes, about time you get caught & pay taxes. Now if they can only get the other filthy rich who don't pay their fair share of taxes!

Celeb Gossip Addict

Greed is a dirty monster. Its amazing how some peoople just can't get enough to be satisfied.

GB

I hope they share a cell with Wesley Snipes.

THIN LIZZY

They're really going after them after that Giants fan got beaten. With that lack of security, it embarrassed the power players in LA. BYE_BYE dirtbag.

rocky

4 millons people texts last year & they didn't pay there taxes.

Bob

Best news all day. Hope these two lowlifes get taken to the cleaners.

NDNchief

They're both douches. However, Jamie you are not even fooling anybody into thinking you're cute with your straightened bottle blond mop top and lasik/contact lens face. I saw a picture when you were youngish and you had frizzy dark hair and bottle cap glasses on. Go back to Beantown.

John 8:32

This reminds me of a day when I was speaking to the old football legend Fred Williamson better known as the Hammer. I told him at that time I had heard rumors about some incredible parties that use to give at one of his mansions. I went on to tell him that I knew a few lovely ladies that I'd like to bring some of his fantastic parties. So he took a big puff of his cigar... smile at me... and said:

Here's the deal my brother.."You got to bring some to get some!"

the joker

Well, Frank, I guess you will not be at the Montage in Beverly Hills buying drinks for the girls that are young enough to be your grand daughter for a little while.

MyOpinionOnly

I'm surprised it took them this long to figure something was amiss with the Dodgers. Not surprising and I hope they BOTH get wiped clean!

Jodi

Nothing new about this...rick folks been putting doing this for decades.

Jodi

meant..."rich folks have been doing this for years"

Lydia

This is good news! The McCourts have run this team into the ground with their lifestyle and lavish perks. The Dodgers and their fans deserve much better than the selfish, self-centered McCourts. I hope the IRS & State of CA get every last dime they have so they have to get jobs like the rest of us...once they're out of prison, that is!

Ken

Finally, justice against the abusive and fraudulent Rich like The McCourts. Dodgers fans need to have their voice heard who the true owners of the Dodgers are (the Dodger fans) and pick one home game (May 30, 2011 Colorado @ LA) and have a completely empty Dodger Stadium out of protest. Who's with me? Lets Facebook it and Twitter it.
MLB (Bud Selig) and McCourt will have to sell the Dodgers to a rightful owner(s) (hopefully similar to Green Bay Packers) that the fans deserve. Dodger fans need to wake up and rise up. MLB and McCourts do not care about you and will not protect you!

X

I HOPE THEY SEE THE INSIDE OF A PRISON REAL SOON!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments