'Poetry Man' Singer Phoebe Snow -- Dead at 60

4/26/2011 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Grammy-nominated singer Phoebe Snow -- famous for her 1970s hit "Poetry Man" -- passed away this morning from complications of a brain hemorrhage.

Phoebe Snow Dead

Among Snow's main accomplishments -- she performed for President Bill Clinton in 1999 and sang at Howard Stern's wedding to Beth Ostrosky in 2008.

Snow famously put her music career on hold for many years to care for he daughter Valerie -- who was born in 1975 with severe brain damage.

Valerie was not expected to live past her toddler years, but with Phoebe's care -- she lived to be 31 and passed away in 2007.

A private funeral will be held for Phoebe in the next few days.

dd

Beautiful voice, sad....

Bruno

Who?

KC

I loved her voice..sad that she was only 60. RIP Phoebe..

PHARO88

SUCH A BEAUTIFUL VOICE AND PERSON..RIP PHOEBE..SUCH A SHOCK SHE'S GONE...

dreamon

OMG. She was really a gem and a beautiful sensitive soul. RIP Phoebe.

Jodi

Oh this is sad. I remember Phoebe from back in the day. She had a fantastic voice. My condolences go out to her family.

January Jonez

RIP BeeBee - A truely soulful voice..a beautiful musician..
You will surely be missed -

Artist

Voice of an angel

Stephanie

Beautiful voice and even more beautiful human being. Huge loss. At least she's together again with her daughter.

Tracee

I seem to recall she used to sing jingles for tv ads, but I cant remember which products.

blackgirlwhiteguy

A beautiful voice silenced too soon RIP Ms Snow

pap rat

She aked me to sing with her..but I was 2buzzIE at TMZ

debschira

couldn't you put that another way? like for instance passed away, she was 60. seems its same amount of words so try again please. so so sad, may she REST IN PEACE! MAY GOD WRAP HIS LOVING ARMS AND KEEP YOU SAFE!

shamon

A truly wonderful woman with a tremendous talent and a beautiful, distinct voice. She will be missed.

She is with her beloved daughter again, reunited in Heaven.
God speed Phoebe.

WillOTheWisp

@ Stephanie
**********************************************************

Exactly!
I felt the same way.

Back in the day, my heart just broke for her when that good-for-nothing husband left just after their baby was born; What made it even worst was him knowing that he was leaving his own infant with a dreadful brain condition. A Selfish Jerk!
I have no doubt that Phoebe’s love and care for her child is was kept the child alive decades longer than any doctors had predicted.

May Phoebe R.I.P.