Lampanelli -- Westboro Protest

= $44,000 for Charity

5/21/2011 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lisa Lampanelli counted 44 protestors from the Westboro Baptist Church at her show last night -- so, as promised, she's donating $44,000 to a gay rights charity in their name.

0915_lisa_lampanelli_Reg_TMZ_01Lisa said she'd fork over $1,000 to the Gay Men's Health Crisis for every protestor that showed up to her show in Topeka, Kansas -- home of the WBC -- as a way of sticking it to the anti-gay group.

After the show, she tweeted, "Thanks to these a-holes, $44,000 will be donated to the GMHC!!!"

SantaFeJack

Thank you, Lisa. Hope your method spreads to others.

Hollie

Yes! Round of applause for Lisa! :oD

Kathy

YEA!! Good Job, Lisa!!

sick of it

When I meet a person that says I'm a christian I NEVER TRUST THEM.They will steal or cheat you faster than someone that says there is no GOD....

Mr. X

Good amount, to be sure.

However, the Topeka paper this morning reports it'll be $48 thou that Lisa will sending.

Ken

When I meet a Christian I immediately make the assumption (either wrong or right) that this person is either an ex-alcoholic or druggie, cheated on his wife, lost all their money, was in prison and is probably not too intelligent. And definitely walks around all day believing in fairy tales.

Until I am proven otherwise that is what I will believe.

Sin D

Chick rocks. Scares me, but she rocks.

Joe B

Great for Lisa to do this but your reporting sucks on this also. GMHC is not a gay rights charity it's an AIDS charity that serves all people whether gay or straight or bi, despite it still being called Gay Men's Health Crisis (GMHC).

Louis

Right on Lisa. I wish someone would burn that Westboro so-called-church down to the ground. Evil bastards...**** them.

IsIAreIsMe

If I were near there I would have shown up to protest just so she could give another grand.

PrincessValadez

She should write out 44 checks....so WBC gets 44 thank you cards...LMAO!!

Bubbajk

Lisa, you are my newest hero - Westboro and all those abusers of Christianity need to be slapped back to reality. If there is a hell, may the worst section be reserved for people who spout hatred in the name of God.
Oh, and Ken, calling haters Christian makes as much sense as calling Charlie Sheen a role model. Christianity does attract people like you listed, but the majority of true Christians lead by silent example, not annoyance.

John Kennedy

lisa is the greatest

Snoogs

Amazing, incredible, ingenious idea. I sincerely hope many others will carry on this wonderful retaliation against the abuse of civil liberties that the WBC condones.

I'd also like to point out that the WBC is comprised the members of (mostly) one large family and many of these people are lawyers. They drum up their sustaining profits from winning court cases brought against them. (Usually brought against them by people the WBC protesters have antagonized). While I do believe these people are hateful bigots, I believe more strongly that this is some sort of sham/cover/money making racket they have concocted under the guise and legal safety of "religious freedom".

I hope someday soon this group is investigated and permanently dismantled.

Beckie

There's a difference between a "christian" and a Christian. Christ taught acceptance and love. "Christians" who claim to follow the Bible to the letter need to practice what they preach.
I have no idea who Lisa is, but I LOVE her thinking on this one.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments