Lampanelli -- Westboro Protest

= $44,000 for Charity

5/21/2011 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lisa Lampanelli counted 44 protestors from the Westboro Baptist Church at her show last night -- so, as promised, she's donating $44,000 to a gay rights charity in their name.

0915_lisa_lampanelli_Reg_TMZ_01Lisa said she'd fork over $1,000 to the Gay Men's Health Crisis for every protestor that showed up to her show in Topeka, Kansas -- home of the WBC -- as a way of sticking it to the anti-gay group.

After the show, she tweeted, "Thanks to these a-holes, $44,000 will be donated to the GMHC!!!"

Mark Proctor

Good Move.

Sonja

Hahaha, Love it!

cokeandpilates

I LOVE THIS!! Thank you Lisa Lampanelli!! This is by far the most creative way to deal with these so-called Christians at WBC. These people are out of control and there is absolutely nothing they can do about donations being made in their name. I hope more celebrities follow suit.

Michelle

Good for Lisa, more stars should do this if only to show exactly how stupid Westboro is. The Phelps family does not seem to understand the general message of Christianity, "love one another". Even if you for some reason are not a fan of the gay community we are supposed to love each other as brother's. These crazy christians don't seem to get it.

whatevs

ZOING!!!! Nice work, Lisa. I hope this catches on....

Buckaroobonzai

Nice job Lisa!

wtf

good job Lisa, you gave them even MORE publicity, and made sure to keep their name in the headlines.

bravo.

that makes SO much more sense than just ignoring them.

Pegasus

Good Job Lisa!! I know that this group will benefit from the donation - and how thoughtful it was for the members of this church to donate to such a worthy cause! Their contribution will be greatly appreciated. I hope that this puts these nut jobs in their place now. Thank you Lisa for thinking of such a wonderful thing such as this - Bless You!

Leader of the ignorant masses

Haha thats pretty funny. Trollin the trolls.

Anonymous

Very cool thing to do... but, who is this Lisa Lampanelli and how can she afford to donate that much money? I never even heard of her before!

Sick of It and Ken, believe whatever you want, but don't spread your hate and prejudice. Even if some Christians did steal from you, cheat you, cheat on their wife, lost all their money, was in prison, or whatever else you accuse them of, it doesn't mean that EVERY Christian does those things, just like every Atheist doesn't do them either, nor are all of the people who do things Christians! In either case, I'm still proud to be a Christian, but even more proud not to be a BIGOT like the two of you are!

Jafo Fubar

My perception of organized religion was shaped as a child. The family priest refused to baptize me as a baby because, according to multiple family members, I was the product of rape. "sins of the father vested on the son". True he was investigated in roughly a dozen cases in the 60s; but since I didn't even exist until a few moments after the fact, how the hell was I responsible? Anyway, that's where I started to hate organized religion, and am 1000% behind Lisa! Stick it these self righteous mofos!

BeSerious

Good job!

Bulldog Mom

Good for you Lisa to make something so positive out of people that are so evil.. ^5^ high five to you !!

lynn

good for you lisa. tho where they got the idea you support gays i dont know. you put down everybody. at least yu do in yur act

If

There are vets with terminal cancer! How lomg befor one of them pulls up and mowes this CRAP down?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments