'X-Factor' Judge

REPLACED

by Pussycat Doll

5/25/2011 3:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Huge shakeup at Simon Cowell's new show "X-Factor" -- TMZ has learned singer Cheryl Cole will no longer be a judge ... and will be replaced by ex-"Pussycat Dolls" member Nicole Scherzinger.

0519_cheryl_nicole_EX_Getty_0
It's unclear why Cheryl is out -- but we're told the replacement happened very recently.

Nicole was originally supposed to co-host the show with Steve Jones when it debuts in September -- but now, she'll be sitting on the judge's panel alongside Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, and LA Reid.

Calls to Cowell's camp have not been returned.

Story developing ...

Lino

karlew CLass? HAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAH untalented racist bitch.

She IS A Lezzie

What's the difference? One H0 vs. another H0.

These are not ladies. They are MEDIA WH0RES,

lisa2

I am american and I like Cheryl. Having watched Xfactor from the UK online, I think she is sweet and beautiful.

Nicole may have more name recognition but I never really liked her as much on the episodes I viewed. JMO.

Jasper

Maybe Simon realized the show is playing in America and one Brit on the panel is all we can stand. One Brit can be amusing. But when they cluster in groups, they get annoying.

ylg

No Simon Nooooooo. Cheryl is a much better choice.

Sarah

Oh please to the people who are saying shes a good judge, she is awful and knows nothing about talent, on the UK version last yr she choose 2 contestants who messed up there performance and had no talent when the rest of the people sang great and made no mistakes, shes nothing but a fake person, "sweet"? "nice"? you must not know about this w****s background, she beat up a black toilet attendent and punched her so hard she nearly lost her eye and couldnt see properly for months, she also was racist towards her and called her a black b***h, go search Sophie Amogbokpa and check the images if you dont believe me. Nicole is so much better yes shes had flops here but at least shes known and is actually talented, and is not a racist.

musiqbiz

maybe she had trouble getting a visa to actually work here... Simon adores her, so can't think why else that would've happened...

Brittany

And now I won't be watching this show. Why are they replacing the goddess that is Cheryl Cole with a lame *****cat Doll whose solo album flopped so hard?

Lew

That totally sucks..I was looking forward to Cheryl. I like Nicole and everything but she hasnt even been able to sucessfully launch her solo career here in the US and Cheryl has more X-Factor expierience and seems more likable as a judge/mentor.

KTD

Nicole did a brilliant guest spot on the British version of the show. She's a natural! I would have gone with her, too.

Kat

Sarah, when you gave details of why you think Cheryl Cole is a racist I'm sure you just forgot to mention the fact that she was married, until recently divorcing, to a black man!

Frank

Obviously untrue. Jounalist s*** making up stories again, to attract publicity to their website. The journalist who wrote this is one of the lowest forms of human life. Utter s***.

Jeff

Simon is a total tool. Nice guy. This is how he treats his supposed friend and protege, by throwing her under the bus in full public view? Cheryl would do well to hit the "reset" button on all of her business advisors and companions and cut those ties. She obviously has been poorly served by these people and used. Now we are forced to watch just another cookie cutter show with a typical studio barbie creation who is on the down cycle of her career, just great.......Well, I won't be watching the show and that silly and pathetic muppet Cowell.

Sarah

Kat actually he is mixed race and so what if she was with someone who is half black doesnt mean shes not racist, I hate when these racist people start saying oh "I got black friends" "oh I was with someone that was black" its funny how she quickly got with him so soon after all that happened, someone who is not racist will not say racist comments fullstop even when they are angry, the fact that she said all those racist things to that black woman suggest that she uses that kind of language often.

Kat

Sarah, read Lalita's comment.... She summed it up so there is no need for me to.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments