Cheryl Cole Fired, British Accent Butchered

5/26/2011 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cheryl Cole wasn't the only casualty when Simon Cowell dropped her from "X-Factor" -- because the English language was also slaughtered ... by Cheryl and TMZ staffers.
052611_TV_cheryl_still

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

dave from england

She's a Geordie...she comes from NEWCASTLE seriously english can't even understand geordies!!

Kelly

That's not a dialect, that's some kind of British Gotti bros mix

reily

Only Cowell would be dumb enough to hire a Brit Judge and then fire her for speking Brit ...he's a wanker

dgirl14

I actually understood what she said. But at the same time, even Americans have different accents that are difficult to understand. When Simon started on American Idol, he had a thicker British accent and now look. There are many celebrities with thick accents that we can still understand. i was really looking forward to seeing her as a judge.

Bill Leslie

OK, the thing with the captions and the idea of making it a weekly "what the heck did she say" bit was funny. But she's still a horrible tatted no-talent @ss clown.

TLC

Well, first of all, we just couldn't understand Paula's gibberish talk. Add Cheryl strong accent to it, and it could be lethal.

Cujeaux

Something tells me she was warned about talking too fast and using c*ckney slang that nobody could follow but refused to change. Simon should get his side of the story out.

The worst is Scottish brogue, or whatever it's called. I can't understand a WORD. Anunciate like normal people or stay home!

Sean

I've always loved you Americans. But I love you even more now. Back home in the UK many many people are celebrating that you have given this manufactured trash a wake up call. When she was a crooked toothed unknown, who chain smoked and couldn't speak without using the F word she assaulted a girl in a nightclub toilet. Cowell has taken her on, cleaned her up and in the UK her team have made us refer to her as the Nation's Sweetheart - trust us.. she ain't! The only worrying thing is we will get her back on our screens. One of the few YouTube videos to be taken down by her team was her singing in the UK 'Children in Need 2009' - she mimes, very very badly. Perhaps you awesome TMZ dudes can find some examples of her terrible lip sync.

As for the accent she comes from the North East, which has its own very hard to understand accent. So we dont all talk like that 'cor blimey'!!

All I can say is... "God Bless America!!"

abby

I HAVE HEARD LOT OF ENGLISH PEOPLE AND YOU THINK COME FROM ENGLAND THEY WOULD ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH.

Cujeaux

I'm with you Sean, it seems like this woman has gotten to big for her britches. If she's got no talent, what business does she have judging talent? Because she has a correctly proportioned face? Sorry, but that just doesn't cut it.
I've heard many an british accent and I actually prefer them, esp. in movies. The brits tend to be better actors, performers, musical artists etc., but this woman has not earned her stripes yet. She needs to go back to finishing school and come back after she's learned some manners.

NJS

I have a feeling it's not about her accent at all... she even had a coach to help her with her strong dialect. Cheryl likely wanted to be the darling of the show, and Paula probably answered with "take a back seat honey, this is my territory." From what I read, Cheryl was ready to do whatever it took to make it here, including wearing that horrible outfit with the purple pants, which means someone hated her pretty badly in order for her to be ousted.

NJS

I have a feeling it's not about her accent at all... she even had a coach to help her with her strong dialect. Cheryl likely wanted to be the darling of the show, and Paula probably answered with "take a back seat honey, this is my territory." From what I read, Cheryl was ready to do whatever it took to make here, including wearing that horrible outfit with the purple pants, which means someone hated her pretty badly in order for her to be ousted.

abutterflyloves

This is Paula. Cheryl is more talented. Cheryl is younger. Cheryl is BEAUTIFUL. I have watched two seasons of Xfactor on youtube, and NEVER had a problem understanding Cheryl. As a straight woman, I would rather look at Cheryl than dumb as a doorknob Paula. I doubt Paula sobered up, or expanded her vocabulary.

CrazyKane

Just shows how dumb some Americans are. They don`t understand the English language, yet they supposedly speak it.

anon

Those clips were take from her show in the UK though. She'd obviously tone her accent down even more for America.

Also she's not Irish. She doesn't have any trace of an Irish accent.

She was born in England and she has an English accent.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments