Dr. Drew -- Conaway Did NOT Die From an Overdose

5/27/2011 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Despite widespread reports, "Grease" star Jeff Conaway did NOT die from a drug overdose -- but rather his body gave out after long-term prescription drug abuse ... this according to Dr. Drew.

0527_dr_drew_jeff_conaway_tmz_ex

Drew -- who treated Conaway on "Celebrity Rehab" -- tells us there is no evidence showing Jeff died from an overdose ... saying, "This was aspiration with overwhelming pneumonia and sepsis."

Drew tells us Jeff's condition was inevitable because the actor had been a serious pill popper for years and the constant substance abuse wore down his body.

Drew explains, "Jeff is another pharmaceutical death from the overutilization of prescription drugs. Please continue to pray for friends and family. They appreciate your support.”

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

soulofanangel

REST IN GENTLE PEACE

Life is hard no matter who you are

Hope HEAVEN awaits if you fall short of par.

Copyright 2011 soulofanangel

annabelle k

rip kenickie...i always preferred you over danny zuko. :(

ratched

Splitting hairs. He died from drug abuse. My sympathies and sorrows with the survivors and for the poor soul who couldn't break himself free.

Carl

He's probably right. Jeff was the poster child for what years of addiction does to a body.

THIN LIZZY

DRUGS SUCK

chris

Excellent work Drew. Do you actually try to help people? or just gain fame off of exploiting a mess like Conway. If it has a camera Drew needs to give his two cents.

Overit

I loved Jeff Conaway. I always thought he was Elaine's bf Jake on Seinfeld but when I looked it says it was an actor named Marty Rackham but no pictures. Was he using an alias????

Overit

I loved Jeff Conaway. I always thought he was Jake, Elaine's Boyfriend of Seinfeld but when I looked it up it says Marty Rackham??? Alias?

Ashley

R.I.P. I heard that he knew he would never be able to beat this disease, so he just gave up. Btw, what a horrible pic of dr. drew.

writenow

Sorry for Jeff and his family. To Dr. Drew: You seem very dangerous. Please go away. You may need a 12 step program to overcome your constant need for publicity but it could be you are in complete denial.

kim purdy

Gawd..so sad. rip Jeff. Condolences to the family.

Prince Von A-Hole

Seems to me TMZ posted a little blurb about this a couple days ago then chose to ignore the truth for sensationalism.

Kathy

I sincerely with Dr. Drew, Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil to just go away--right now!

Sin D

Very respectful pic of Conway TMZ. WTF happened to this site? Need ratings?

who dat

While i disagree with celebrity rehab. Rehab should not be televised, i empathize with Drew. Alot of his patients are dying from long term drug use. That has to be difficult.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments