John Travolta -- Conaway 'Was a Wonderful Man'

5/27/2011 11:41 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John Travolta has released a statement on the passing of his former "Grease" co-star Jeff Conaway -- saying he was a "wonderful and decent man and we will miss him."

Jeff Conaway and John Travolta

Travolta adds, "My heartfelt thoughts are with his family and loved ones at this very difficult time.”

As we previously reported, Conaway passed away this morning.

HaYn Beauty

wow ~ my deepest condolences go out to his family ...

Whataworld

Travolta never said anything all the times he was in rehabs but now says Conaway was a wonderful man??

Shell

he tried but it didnt help that Vicki was givin him stff RIP

the Seeker

Was Jeff a scientologist like Travolta ?
well if he was he is with Zenu now.
onto the next life my friend
no more evil woman like(Vickie/DiLo) preying on your kindness.

Courtney

let the dead rest in peace Jeff & John had known each other for 39 years since they were in the original stage version of Grease together as Danny & Dutty in 1972 then the movie as Danny & Kennickie in 1978

Michelle P

Great Actor and a Fighter to the End...He never quit fighting his addictions. Now he can finally rest.

Andre

Not to misuse the story put he looks like what Spencer Pratt is gonna look like in a few years.

Mummy

Let him go, he wanted to go, and let him rest in peace.
And Dr Drew, you do not know what its like to live in constant bone pain, every second of every minute of everyday of every hour. So zip it.
I on the other hand do know what its like.
Its my body and my choice.

juggaloszuch

$1000 says Travolta hasn't talked to him in at least 15 years

your own luck

This just makes me really sad. Jeff was so wonderful in Grease.

your own luck

This just makes me really sad. Jeff was so wonderful in Grease.

Chaz Fatur

Hello Fans of Grease, Taxi & much more... the passing of Actor & Gentleman, Jeff Conaway will pause us today... but tomorrow, we will remember & cherish him always! Jeff was a recent friend & actor attached to my current project, Human Factor. TMZ contacted my co-Partner, Eric Goren. We feel humble and saddened with his loss. Jeff was just recently attached. I talked with him last week & sent out a script to a friend's house for his viewing. He will be remembered at the end of our Film! R.I.P, Jeff... we love you!

sara

Say what you will about his religion and reported sexuality, John Travolta is always very classy and respectful. Nice that he could release a nice statement on his old co-star in spite of Jeff's problems with drugs.

gioudis

i was thinking about him this past week while watching Pete's Dragon with my kids.

Kari

I am glad he is at peace now. He really tried to come out of the addictions, and my prayers go to his family.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments