« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Avril Lavigne -- Take Me Out to the F*@&%+ Ball Game!

5/29/2011 9:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Avril Lavigne was all smiles when she threw out the first pitch before last night's Tampa Bay Rays game, but she lobbed a few four-letter words at the crowd when a technical glitch messed with her post-game concert.

0529_avril_AP_EXD
According to local reports, Avril's mic didn't work at the start of her show ... and she responded to the cavalcade of boos by yelling obscenities at crowd.

Rays rep Rick Vaughn tells TMZ, "The Rays demand profanity-free performances from all of our concert performers and we are extremely disappointed by the language used in last night's show. It is not consistent with the family-friendly atmosphere that Tropicana Field is known for."

Calls to Lavigne's rep were not returned.

UPDATE -- Several of our readers were in attendance last night and point out via our message board ... that while Avril did drop a few F-bombs, they weren't directed at anyone in particular. Her real fans, it seems, enjoyed the show just fine.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

DJ DarkHorse

Because she is blonde, cute and plays catchy and/or endearing punk-sounding tunes, does NOT mean she is Lidnsay Lohan, Aguilara or Brittney Hillary Duff... or Who the f*ck ever. Cursing and drugs and (sex and drugs) used to fuel rock and roll. You want better music? Let them do what they do and quit treating them like divas (when they are not even asking for it). Let the ladies be lude crude and full of piss and fire. Why should the guys have all the fun? This is not the music I listen to, but I expect I would have appreciated it more as a teen. Let me know when one bites the head off a snake. Pop is still short for "POP-ROCK"

beth

i was there her mic was broken. i would have said the same thing, if it went out, they pay her to sing and she cant cause they cant afford a good mic.i call that a major fail.

chan

I'm a graduate of the J-school and crap like this just embarrasses everyone. You are given a once in a life time chance Avril, appreciate it for five seconds, instead of cussing the **** out of your fans for showing up. It's pathetic and a dead end career my friend. you know that, obviously....

TROPgirl

She had a right to be frustrated! After the mic didn't work for the first song she came out and sang the song again with no music or anything. It proved that she could sing and wasn't like most artists who need a back up track to sound good. We aren't fans of hers, we just stayed to see what the concerts are like, so I think I have an objective opinion. For the second song she sang Skater Boy and it sounded great. The people on the field in front of the stage looked like they were really enjoying the show.

Nancy

My family was at the Rays/Avril event. People making a mountain out of a mole hill. She shouldn't have cursed, but the kids enjoyed the concert down on the field and had a lot of fun at the game, even though the Rays didn't win. Wouldn't it be a boring world, if everyone just had one type of music? This was their second time seeing her, and thoroughly enjoyed it both times!

Human

Broads that sport an attitude like her's can get annoying somethimes...but there's something I find so sexy about her. I think I'd be able to overlook her bitchiness for a few years... But after that, POW TO THE MOON!

Al

HOT!

brooke

do you people have nothing better to do than complain about some stupid curse words who really cares go get a hobby and quit complaining

G-G

F@CK ALL OF YOU. LEAVE AVRIL ALONE. SHE CAN SING AND SHE DOES HAVE TALENT. LETS SEE YOU IDIOTS GET UP AND PERFORM IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AND SEE HOW YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. GO SCREW YOURSELVES INSTEAD OF NIT-PICKING HER. B*TCHES....

Trisha

She needs to go crawl into a hole. Would love it if she'd dig a tunnel back to Canada while she's at it.

Dee

From a person that attended the event, as usual the press has blown it out of proportion. I was in the front row at the concert, 50 feet from the stage. They gave her a dead mic and she continued to sing the entire song and even when they brought her another dead mic during the song. After she finished singing “WTH” with two dead mics she went off stage and they handed her another on that finally worked and she said “That’s what can happen when you do a live concert in a f*cking baseball stadium”. This was no profanity laced tirade as the newspapers are saying. One F bomb and that was it. And she apologized for letting that one word it slip out.

someone's mom

Some of you people are so stupid. So she said a few bad words when the mic messed up. Get over it. What, do you people never go into stores or turn on the t.v.? People curse everywhere, you people are just making it a big deal because she is famous. And if she couldn't sing, then she would never had made it in the business. Get over yourselves, you are no better than anyone else, and what gives any of you the right to judge her. And really, are you trying to tell me that if I go to a Rays game I'm not going to hear any cursing, really? Come on......

Martika

I was there everyone was booing and yelling cause these people had 2 signs and they were up at the front of the stage so no one else could see. She put on a really great show.

Hardy Wilson

It should be no surprise about Avril Lavigne's foul mouthed. In 2008 she was booked for a private event for my employer, phone company Nokia, in Los Angeles. When Avril took the stage the first words out of her mouth were a barrage of foul trash that had my bosses pissed off (especially for what she was being paid). Needless to say Lavigne hasn't worked for Nokia since.

Maybe the real issue here is that Avril's having a hard time coping with the fact that nobody cares about her new record or her music. She has been surpassed by the likes for Katy Perry, Ke$ha (another winner soon to be a has been) and Rihanna and others.

Patch

I am ashamed of you Avril. Maybe those awful colors in your hair are affecting your judgment. Low class? I'd say no class all.