'Cosby Show' Actress Clarice Taylor -- Dead at 93

6/1/2011 4:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Clarice Taylor -- known for her role as Bill Cosby's mom on "The Cosby Show" -- died of heart failure on Monday.

0601_crosby_show_apimages_bn

The actress gained an Emmy nomination in 1986 for her role as Anne Huxtable on the famous sitcom.

In addition to The Cosby Show ... Taylor also made frequent appearances in the 80's as the country-loving grandmother "Harriet" on "Sesame Street".

She was 93.

Ziggy

Ahh sorry to hear that. She was a great lady. RIP Clarice

dee

aahh, she was so funny. She lived a long good life I hope. RIP.

Paula

She was my neighbor for 7 years, she was a very kind and sweet lady who loved to Garden. She was very funny and told me about her life and her children and grandchildren, whom she loved very much.

Paula Dallorso

john johnson

r.i.p.

Justin

I liked her on the show. Seemed like a nice person. You get 1024 comments on the website about Charlie Sheene and 4 about a nice lady. Where are the priorities?

Muppet

OH no! This really makes me sad! Such a wonderful lady. God bless her may she rest in peace.
TMZ why didn't this appear on the first page??

Sugah

Oh my. She was a lovely, sweet soul. May she rest in peace.

The Real JJ

R.I.P

janalal4

RIP. Funny lady & wonderful show. Brings back many memories when I watch Cosby

janalal4

Justin12 hours ago

****************************************************************

As I shot my condolence comment out, the very SAME thought occurred to me. Sad, right?

jessica

oh no im so sad about this i was her favorite cashier at the shoprite in englewood nj wow im so sorry about this she was very sweet

Deborah is my real name

Rip. Grew up with you. And looked up to you. Thanks for showing us what a great family can be.
Thanks
Rip.
Along time fan.
Will miss you!

CloBird

R.I.P.
A life long and well-lived,but still so sad to see her go;life is changes--
"Every moment one lives is different than the next.The good, the bad, the hardship, the joy, the tragedy, love and happiness are all interwoven into one single indescribable whole that is called LIFE. You can not separate the good from the bad. And perhaps there is no need to do so either." JBKO