Rihanna -- I'm a Rockstar, NOT A PARENT!!!

6/2/2011 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rihanna is lashing back at the people criticizing her violent new music video for "Man Down" -- scoffing at the notion she's a role model ... saying, "What's up with everybody wantin me to be a parent?"

0602_rihanna_BN_Getty_01

RiRi went to her Twitter page today after the Parents Television Council condemned the "Man Down" video for depicting a premeditated murder and implying killing someone is an acceptable form of revenge.

Rihanna tweeted, "I'm a 23 year old rockstar with NO KIDS! What's up with everybody wantin me to be a parent? I'm just a girl, I can only be your/our voice!"

She continued, "We have the freedom to make art, LET US! Its your job to make sure they dont turn out like US."

"U can't hide your kids from society, or they'll never learn how to adapt! This is the REAL WORLD."

krystyle

First they are mad when you make a too sexy video, now thier complaining about violence.. rapper & rockers the same have made crazier videos then this.. just look back and see.. so in order t get the prudes off her back , she should make two different endings.. and to be real, i would shoot my rapist.

Get Real

The more I hear and see of Rihanna, the more I'm convinced that she and Chris Brown were made for each other.

Gatanegra

Joe Crabs,

I couldn't agree more!

FDDGSDG

lmaooooo HATERS, ALLL HATERSSSSSS RIHANNAS THE MUTHER****ING BEST

Gatanegra

Joao,

Your idea of what rock stars are is equally delusional. James Taylor?

Kat spade

Rockstar????? who are you kidding.. seriously, perhaps you deserved to get beat.. so who knows what you really said

kr

OH and btw you're not a rock star.. you're a POP star aka you serve the 12 y ear olds. Keep that in mind you nasty piece of work

kr

You're not a girl you're a woman and well grown up by now. You are not anyone's voice but your own. My kids don't need to see your skanky ass singing about murdering men, or your stereotypes of black people, or your oversexed ho ways. Go away rhianna. Your rich now and overstayed your welcome! WTG on spitting on those that made you rich

derotts3

she needs to get real!!!!! she is neither!!!! the new video is disgusting and this is not music -

alianna

Why are kids watching those channels anyways? My kids watch Disney and Nick? And if your kids watch the news, then they see that kind of stuff every night. Get over your dislike for Rihanna and Parent your own children. If you dont want them to see something, they wont see it. Or your not a good parent. Alot of artist do and say things that are shocking to some people. DONT WATCH IT? How many of you that say you dont like her, went and watched the video?? lol. Hypocrites!!!!!!!!

FindingCharlotte

She does have a point, BUT!......The 23 year old girl she says she is fails to see that her point is hypocritical because while making her point she also wants to state"I can only be your/our voice" I don't know, maybe it will come with growing up that she will realize you can't have it both ways, you aren't famous without being more then just a girl and those parents complaining are the ones spending their money on their kids to make you rich and even if those two points are irrelavant (which they aren't) you can't claim to be anyone's voice but then raise your hands up in defense when that voice is sending a message of violence to the very audience making you rich and giving you that voice in the first place. She's right about one thing, shes just a girl, a little girl.

Chris Bulls

I wish Stupid would haev been one of the choices!

Sin

sorry but murder isnt ART. & her videos arent art. what she is saying is its ok to go & kill a person as a means of justice? whats her next defense, that its not in America its in Barbados so it doesnt count???? she's a joke. she is just settign this up so when she gets back with Chris Brown. seems to me like she deserved to get her ass beat. she says stupid ****.

Nee

I wonder if her tune will change when she does become a parent. No, we can't "shelter" our kids...but we certainly don't have to put up with trash like her.

maryanna

The video is great and nothing is wrong with it... in the lyrics she is regretting killing him ..he raped her!! thats a strong msg..lady gaga,beyonce killed innocent people in their video telephone i didnt hear anypne comlayining about it!