Kevorkian Did NOT Kill Himself ... But Would Have

6/3/2011 7:26 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Kevorkian did not end his life early ... but he WOULD HAVE if he had the strength to do it ... this according to Kevorkian's longtime lawyer Geoffrey Fieger.

0603_jack_kavorkian_getty_bn

During a news conference moments ago, Feiger explained, "I think had he been able to go home, Jack would have not allowed himself to go back to the hospital."

The cause of Kevorkian's death was not released, but he had reportedly been suffering from kidney and respiratory problems.

Feiger continued, "The circumstances were such that he was so weak he could not get out of the hospital, he was primarily sleeping most of the time."

alessandra

Michelle

at least he went peacefully. Getting old sucks! My mom is 74 and is at the beginning of dementia, this is a hard road to watch someone who was once so vital get confused by a trash bag. Sometimes I wish assisted suicide was more acceptable in this country. I know she did not want to live like this. Back when Jack first started his "work" she had asked me to make sure she could get his type of help when the time came. I don't know what we will do but for now she still has more good days than bad. I hope they find some cure for aging brains.....

Mikey

He shoulda killed himself with a combination of Dominos and the game Mouse Trap.

Mayu

He was the father of assisted suicide. Why didn't he have someone assist him if he were too weak to do it himself? What's good for the goose is obviously not good for the gander I suppose.

Jackie

Who? Famous for what?.....Dr for what?

CC

Jack: Off

MIDNIGHT TOKER

this guy had the right idea

LongJohn69

I hear he was filling helium balloons as a side job.

Stiletto

This is what Charlie Sheen will look like in 5 years.

Bons

To Jackie: I seriously hope you are kidding. If not, you need to read the newspaper ONCE in a while.

Once you see a family suffer through a horrible disease/illness...you will see that what this man did was not wrong. If a person has it in his/her will that when they get to a certain point of illness they then want their life ended....I agree with it.

k

Give me a break! Would have killed himself "if he had been ALLOWED to leave the hospital"! There is this thing call "leaving against medical advice" all you have to do is sign a release form which release the hospital from liability for your stupidity! "Dr. Death" didn't take himself out when it came down to. He got his rocks off wathcing others do it!!!

messenger69

Dr Death its to bad you weren't allowed to do yourself in. RIP.

Sherms

@Jackie: WOW...only one of the most controversial doctor stories around (in my lifetime, at least)!

@Bons: Kudos to your comment (well...BOTH COMMENTS...hahaha).

I take care of hospice patients on the weekends, and see this suffering first-hand. I'm with Bons.

TheHOLETruth

Big bad Kevorkian, when it came to his time to meet his maker he chickened out... what's this bullsh*t that he was too weak... his death machine would have required that he do nothing, only consent...

I'd hate to be him on the other side.

A Real Lawyer

Geoffrey Fieger is a shameless self promoter. He hasn't been Jack's attorney for many years and now he claims to speak for him??? Honestly, Geoff Fieger is a leech and a despicable human being. He's the male version of Gloria Allred.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments