Tracy Morgan

Booed at Concert, People Walked Out

6/10/2011 7:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tracy Morgan's homophobic act in Nashville was met with a smattering of boos -- and several people also walked out of the show -- this according to a person who was at the show.

Tracy Morgan

TMZ spoke with someone in attendance at the Ryman Auditorium ... who tells us Morgan's entire act was filled with offensive gay jokes ... explaining, "It was the worst thing I've ever heard ... so not funny."

As we previously reported, Morgan's June 3rd performance ignited a firestorm of controversy -- after he "joked" that he would "stab" his son for acting gay.

TheMarshmallowMan

Tracey who?

Nicole

Who gives a crap. Freedom of speech anyone? If he were to make fun of all flat chested woman would the no boob organization hunt him down and demand an apology? Grow up. Everyone is the way they are and they should be happy with that. So what if you are gay. Why do you give a hoot what other people say. If they made fun of you for your hairstyle would you demand an apology? Ever hear the saying, "sticks and stones"? I think maybe it's time GLADD stopped thinking they are entitled to not be made fun of. Why are you so special...have you seen or heard the things that go on in life? Gay people are not the only people being made fun of. Everyone is made fun of because the human race sucks! If anyone is different, (which is everyone) you are made fun of. You are not special because you are gay. Deal with it like everyone else does and grow a pair!

aston

"o

Just b/c I don't accept a person choice to live a gay lifestyle doesn't make me phobic.."

Yes, that's exactly what makes you a homophobic - not accepting gay people being themselves and as valuable as you are. And please get into your thick skull that it's not a "lifestyle". There are as many kinds of gays that there are straights. Who are you, thinking you have the right to "not accept" if other people are gay? They should accept you, and you them.

Jeff

"Mikey about an hour ago
Only about 2% of men stick there penis in another man's anus so it is abnormal and weird which makes it funny in a psychotic way. "

Actually, you will have to double that number for it to be accurate. in any respect, you are wrong on point. Jokes professing violence against gays are not funny in begin with, and definately not funny because only about 4% of males are gay or bi. That's like saying Jews deserve anti semitism because there are a few of them. No, that's only the bully in you talking.

Leonard

I was at the show - yes, he did go on a tirade that had many laughing and many offended. I didn't see any walk outs. the venue was about half empty and was wrong for Tracy. I saw him at a Nashville comedy club last year, did the same act and got a huge response.

Though there were many moments, like the one listed, that had you feeling uncomfortable... they all ended in a "I'm just kidding" style punch line.

Booking blue comedians in a historic Church is not a good idea.

billy

Wow....WTF TMZ, I know "freedom of speech" and all, but allowing a bunch of ignorant redneck homophobic morons to crap up your website with the s**t that comes out of their mouths is as pathetic as this lower TRacy Morgan. If this idiot was white he'd be gone by now....actually he never would have been in the first place. NOT funny Richard Prior wannabee....not that Prior was funny.

Mikey....mron, Blake.....talk about a "gay" name!....GOLLY....as dumb as a redneck comes.

Mary

So I spent more time that I should reading this.
Yes comedians make jokes about everyone and I don't think anyone minds the stereotype jokes they are funny and I would hate to stop someone making them. However the jokes do not usually involve killing your son for talking in a gay voice. The black and white people jokes don't talk about killing they sit on the stereotypes which are funny. The Gay jokes on women fixing cars and men prettying up the house are funny and yes there are more lewd jokes than that and I agree you chose to go see someone that has a different comedic style.

However the sensitivity around being gay as a teenager is there for a reason. Like bullying and other terrible acts people perform. And so I assume no kids were at his show due to his type of comedy being for a mature audience. Anyone over 18 should just ignore it and move on. It has been given so much airplay now that kids reading this are going to hear about it.

I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you don't like gays that is your choice. However making a joke out of killing someone because they were speaking in a gay voice is pretty basic and not really funny.

KP

Tracy Morgan is a loser....you know what they say about homophobes...seems to me that maybe Mr. Morgan has some homosexual tendencies. Also, for those of you who are so uneducated or ignorant...to say that being gay is a choice....Do you all choose to be straight? I guess so.....hmm interesting.

Eric

Tracy needs to learn his place and go back to the fields, you hear me boy!? (se how that works, not funny huh)

Tallman

Why is it a crime to not like gay people? It is a free country and the man is entitled to his opinion. I am tired of the PC Police - deal with it. If a black man says he does not like skinny white girls or white men can't jump everyone laughs. I am not taking your gay BS anymore - Chaz Bono is a freak!!! Get over it Gay Dudess and grow some balls!!!!

kristine

I DONT CARE IF YOUR GAY WANNA KNOW WHAT BUGS ME ABOUT THIS? FLAMING HOMOSEXUALS. THINKING THE WHOLE WORLDS GOTTA STOP COS YOUR GAY!!! THINKING YOUR DIFFERENT THAN THE REST OF US COS YOUR GAY!!!!! QUIT MAKING AN ISSUE OUT OF BEING GAY!!!!
ok so im gonna catch hell for that amiigas!? :P

the Seeker

randomguy 5 minutes ago

If you took the time to read this story and comment about how the gays need to get over it and that you think being gay is wrong, you are a closeted homosexual. Straight guys are too busy spending time with their girlfriends or trying to get laid to read and comment on TMZ stories.
================================

Why are you trying to convince people that everybody who disagrees with the gay agenda in our schools and media must secretly what to suck peckers ? That is a total lie and part of your GLADD misinformation agenda.

Like saying every vegetarian like Harvey secretly wants to eat meat.Oh bad example he does.

YourMom

I'm confused by this "story"..I've heard gay jokes at every comedy club I've ever been to. I'm not saying it's okay, but TMZ seems to be out of touch. Why single out Tracy and pretend he's the only bad guy?

liz

this guy's careers might be over...reminds me of Michael Richards went on his rant at the comedy club.

JOHN

I think he'll get a new batsuit, I think he'll be fighting Bane so hard that he tries to hold in a fart during the whole fight and then Bane punches him in the stomach he craps his batsuit and it smells like poop. Eventually he'll get so sick of the stink from the suit he'll ask for a new suit from Lucius and Lucius will say "why?" and Bruce will reply "Because I pooped my batsuit when I fighted Bane!" and Lucius will say "Dang that's messed up son! What smells down here?" Bruce will say "My POOPY batsuit you idiot, I just told you I pooped it!" Then Lucius kills Batman cause it smells so bad and then the credits roll. END SCENE

BANG!