Republican Senator: 'F**k It,' Gays Should Marry

6/17/2011 11:24 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Republican New York State Senator Roy McDonald has SHATTERED party lines in support of gay marriage -- telling reporters, "F**k it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing."

0617_roy_mcdonald_bn

The battle rages on in New York to legalize gay marriage -- but McDonald threw his hat in the ring earlier this week ... with the greatest statement of all time, claiming, "You get to the point where you evolve in your life where everything isn't black and white, good and bad, and you try to do the right thing."

"You might not like that. You might be very cynical about that. Well, f**k it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing."

"I'm tired of Republican-Democrat politics. They can take the job and shove it. I come from a blue-collar background. I'm trying to do the right thing, and that's where I'm going with this."

With McDonald's support, the gay marriage bill is only ONE vote shy of being made into law -- which would make New York the sixth state to legalize gay marriage.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Lyell Lyell

Good for him!!! His constituents should be proud to have a man like him representing them. It's refreshing to see someone who votes their own convictions and not the party line.

Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Yes! "F*** it, do the right thing" Words to live by!

SUN SUN

The more America continues to turn away from God and his teachings; we will continue in a downward spiral. We are slowly elimintating God from our country, and look at how we are declining as a nation.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Lyell Lyell

Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Yes! "F*** it, do the right thing" Words to live by!

SUN SUN

mary mary

Another coward buckling under and choosing GLAAD over GOD. Big eternal mistake.

Michelle Michelle

I love the idea of our country growing up, finally we may get to a point where everyone is really equal.

MIDNIGHT TOKER MIDNIGHT TOKER

well they should get the benefits but marriage? nahhhhhhh if everyone was gay we all would be dead....it takes a man and a woman to futher the population......

Kathy Kathy

A Republican who has a mind of his own!!! Never thought I would see that. Good for him!

Lynn Lynn

LOVE it! I wish more politicians would say f--- it and do the right thing!!

roberg roberg

Horrible of him to give up on his morals. He lost himself to being pushed around and bullied into a decision he is clearly not satisfied in making.

Steve

PRAISE GOD for McDonald's courage to stand up for a group of discriminated against citizens born different from himself. He is a TRUE CHRISTIAN, and I believe Jesus would do the same!

We live in a world where overly religious people judge others in the name of their God, and create, hurt, sadness, anger, etc. At one time, churches represented love, compassion, caring, and a safe place to go to. Now, SOME church people feel they can dictate their condescending judgements to all.

God created Gays for God's reasons. Curb the world's over population, find loving parents for children abandoned by straights. We need to trust in God's plan.

Why can't we all work TOGETHER, both Gay and straight, to find solutions for poverty, hunger, and homelessness in the nation and the world. Unity instead of division! Bring people to spirituality rather than push them away. I am sure this is what Jesus would have preferred. Those who continue to discriminate and judge, do so at their own expense ... what one sows, so shall they reap!

Inked7607

I love it when ass----- use God to blame for their own hate and ignorance. Leave magic out of it and own your own ****.

Egypt

After this law is passed, what will happen to Ny churches that refuse to marry them. Will they receive a fine? And then protesting and the government forcing the church to marry them.

isha

Also, can I just say that I find "Marcus'" post about "jamming" things up rectum EXTREMELY offensive..then again, in my experience, people who rant and rave against homosexuality like that do so because they have had thier own homosexual thoughts and tendencies..

NO ON PROP 8 NO ON PROP 8 INLAND EMPIRE SAN BERNARDINO AREA FOR LIFE!

haha! What an idiot..

isha

I am a lesbian woman who has been with my WIFE for 12 years now. She has seen me through a major heart surgery and through my fight with cancer. I challenge anyone to tell me that she is less of a spouse than any man would have been. I find it absurd that religious ppl claim that gay marriage takes away "family values" when the rate of heterosexual divorce has steadily risen over the last decade, and let's not forget that heterosexual people are getting married on T.V. for money...Why is this okay but my marriage isn't? The lack of respect and civil rights is appalling and archaic. The bible also says that if a woman isn't a virgin on her wedding night, her husband should take her to her father's doorstep and stone her to death. When's the last time anyone has heard of that happening? Why are people “picking and choosing” which part of the bible is okay to believe in?? Again, saying that I have fewer morals than anyone else because I am in a monogamous, long-term relationship with my WIFE is just ridiculous! People should keep their religious beliefs out of politics and understand that everyone has the right to equality.

Prentice

I love when these idiots spouse out their garbage, saying that "America is turning away from God". As if everyone in the country or our four fathers believed in him. If you read, you would know that marriage is not a religious institution. Its a state institution. The original form of marriage was arranged marriage (child and adult). It was the act of giving ones daughter for property, money or political power (which was how the European monarchy was built in the middle ages). It wasnt even considered as a union until 1200 A.D. And before that, polygamy was acceptable. Then around 2,000-4,000 years ago, religion took the idea of marriage and twisted it into their own meaning. During our times, its been twisted again by corporate interest in hand with religion to form a fabricated view of marriage. Its now a billion dollar industry, involving potential blood diamonds sold to women and of course churches profit from it as well. When it comes down to it. Marriage is a man made instutition that underminds, perverts and exploits a person's yurning for companionship for profit.. So the people who say that gays are trying to redifine marriage, need to do some fact checking, because marriage has been redefined for centuries. And its because of straight people and religion :).. The meaning of the marriage is between the 2 people who are in the union. Just as in a regular relationship. It can be religious or not. It can be about children or not. It can even be about monogamy or not (mormons are already an exception).. And im speaking as a person who doesnt believe in marriage. But im educated on it.. But I notice that religious use that same bull **** line every time we progress in society. There was a time when being African was seen as an abomination to certain christian groups, including the mormons who changed their bible in 1978.. So I think that the religious (particularly the christian right) are going to look very backwards when we look back at this non-sensical issue in the future. Its just about using common sense and realizing that every man and woman is equal

Egypt

After this will brothers and sisters also fight for the rights to be married. And I'm saying this b/c of a program I saw on channel 7 where in Virginia there are brothers and sisters fighting for the right to change the law that will allow thier long union to be recognize by the state.

Egypt

If most of you are saying all this about God and this has nothing to do with it, then "In God we trust" should be removed, we should not be allowed to put our hands on the Bible in court cause I think that's mixing Church & State. And we should not teach kids to say "One nation under God". B/c that too is bringing God and state.

Constitutional Reader

okay, don't be an idiot and think that the decline of our nation is due to the fact that we are turning away from god? how about you step away from your fox news bull sh*t and read something that is actually factual.

1. The founding fathers were NOT christian.
2. There IS a separation of church and state (AKA the establishment clause)
3. Our Country is doing better than it has been doing in a long time.

Egypt

For everyone saying that religious groups and Catholics, Christians, etc have been redifining the idea of marriage and that only recently it's been man and woman. Let me tell yous something, one thing that hasn't change no matter all the sex change, the I was born this way blah blah, maybe these groups came up with the man & woman marriage b/c still like in the beginning I wasn't there, it's the Penis and Vagina together that makes a child. That hasn't change. I don't believe the Penis & Penis or the Vagina & Vagina have made a child when put together. Maybe that's where the man & woman marriage came from.

Jack

If you think the world is going to spin out of control with gay marriage you might as well wear a t-shirt that says "I am an ignorant, uneducated, mildly concussed hillbilly who would have seizures if I ever had to use common sense or logic. I have a penchant for predicting dire consequences to anything that goes against what I was taught by by Mommy & Daddy who were also uneducated, ignorant, and mildly concussed.

middleagedcrazy

Just as we protect our gay citizens we also protect our religious citizens.

Just saying --

Prentice

Egypt-
Egypt do you think that every time you have sex, its to make a baby ?.. Do you not ever just have sex for pleasure ? You're not having sex to make a baby everytime you have sex. Do you know that some married couples choose or are unable to have kids ?.. So think about that the next time you make a dumb statement like that

The meaning of the marriage should be between the 2 people within the union, heterosexual or homosexual. Some people get married for religious reasons and some do not. Some people get married for the intention of having kids and some choose not to. Settling down does not always mean that you're trying to start a family. In some cases it just means that you just want to be with the person that you love. These are real world accounts so stop looking through everything in a 2 dimentsional lense.

There is evidence of homosexuality in all areas of nature, so to use that argument is void and useless. Thats just your opinion on marriage.

And you also made a nother dumb statement about "In God We Trust" on our money. In God We Trust wasnt put on our money until the 1900's. And "One Nation Under God" wasnt added into the pledge of allegiance until the 1950's. So its not a permanent staple of our culture. If you want a theocracy, then go to the middle east and see where that will get you.

buck

The United States of America is not just collapsing financially , it is collapsing morally , one would almost consider there could be a connection , provided common sense still prevailed .

MARCUS

MACCAPONE IN THE BUILDING MACCAPONE(AT)HOTMAIL COM NEVER SCARED SPEAK MY MIND PERIOD........... NO ON GAYS PERIOD.........

YES ON PROP 8 YES ON PROP 8 ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN FOR LIFE....... LOS ANGELES CALI CRENSHAW/SLAUSON AREA..