Republican Senator: 'F**k It,' Gays Should Marry

6/17/2011 11:24 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Republican New York State Senator Roy McDonald has SHATTERED party lines in support of gay marriage -- telling reporters, "F**k it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing."

0617_roy_mcdonald_bn

The battle rages on in New York to legalize gay marriage -- but McDonald threw his hat in the ring earlier this week ... with the greatest statement of all time, claiming, "You get to the point where you evolve in your life where everything isn't black and white, good and bad, and you try to do the right thing."

"You might not like that. You might be very cynical about that. Well, f**k it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing."

"I'm tired of Republican-Democrat politics. They can take the job and shove it. I come from a blue-collar background. I'm trying to do the right thing, and that's where I'm going with this."

With McDonald's support, the gay marriage bill is only ONE vote shy of being made into law -- which would make New York the sixth state to legalize gay marriage.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Lyell Lyell

Good for him!!! His constituents should be proud to have a man like him representing them. It's refreshing to see someone who votes their own convictions and not the party line.

Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Yes! "F*** it, do the right thing" Words to live by!

SUN SUN

The more America continues to turn away from God and his teachings; we will continue in a downward spiral. We are slowly elimintating God from our country, and look at how we are declining as a nation.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Lyell Lyell

Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Yes! "F*** it, do the right thing" Words to live by!

SUN SUN

mary mary

Another coward buckling under and choosing GLAAD over GOD. Big eternal mistake.

Michelle Michelle

I love the idea of our country growing up, finally we may get to a point where everyone is really equal.

MIDNIGHT TOKER MIDNIGHT TOKER

well they should get the benefits but marriage? nahhhhhhh if everyone was gay we all would be dead....it takes a man and a woman to futher the population......

Kathy Kathy

A Republican who has a mind of his own!!! Never thought I would see that. Good for him!

Lynn Lynn

LOVE it! I wish more politicians would say f--- it and do the right thing!!

roberg roberg

Horrible of him to give up on his morals. He lost himself to being pushed around and bullied into a decision he is clearly not satisfied in making.

EvenKeel

@Egypt,
So, then any couple who doesn't intend to or are unable to have children shouldn't be allowed to marry or have sex with each other?
Or unmarried people who have children should be forced to marry?
What about married people who have children but no longer want to be married? Should they be forced to stay together?
Marriage is not about having children. That's procreation. Not love.
Marriage is about two consenting adults making a legal commitment to each other.
Take your religious fundamentalism to the middle east and out of everyone's private lives.
Oh wait, it's not tolerated there anymore either.

Egypt

Yeah cause God is the only one that controls this Earth. I guess Satan died or something. Please I don't care, all I know is gay people be doing **** on the trains, in kids stores and in public general that if a straight person do people would be like you don't see kids around but nowadays gay people are groping each other all over the place and you're not allow to say anything b/c they love each other and you're now a bigot. No I'm just a person who don't like anyone gay or straigt having partial sex in front of kids. Some of yall act like you don't be seeing it too.

Egypt

@ EvenKeel Shut up with that Middle East ****. Have you ever been to the Middle East. I'm guessing no and not the entire Middle East have those old laws. My cousin is in the army and what we hear about the Middle East is entirely different , the whole Middle East is not what you hear on the news. So until you go there to the entire Middle East then talk.

Prentice

Egypt-
Theres arguments going on today whether the bible in court, In God We Trust and Our Nation Under God is constitutional or not. Because its respecting one faith. It was added in by people who wanted it to respect their faith, instead of leaving it be. And Im pretty sure that your faith is suppose to be personal to you, so if your faith is put into jeopardy because they take away a slogan, then I have to question the person's convictions

EvenKeel

@ Egypt,
People related to each other are not allowed to marry because incest carries a HIGH probability of serious birth defect. It's a medical, genetic decision to protect the health of potential offspring.
I'm surprised anyone would even consider such an ignorant argument.
As for sexual displays in a childrens toy store. That's just not acceptable for anyone to do, gay or straight.
But the point is that both gay and straight couples are equally likely to do something like that.
I'm just guessing that you don't know a whole lot of gay people.
I'm a straight guy, but I know lots of gay people including couples, some married. None of the people I know would do something like that.
In fact I was at a local baseball game in the park a last summer and a couple started having full on intercourse right behind the batting cage. in full view of everyone including the attending children. It was a man and woman having regular old missionary sex.
Unbelievably unacceptable for any one to do. Gay or straight.
Sexual preference doesn't make someone a pervert.
It's the uneducated and blindly ignorant who think "homosexual" means sex maniac.
What it means is that the person they love most in the world happens to be the same gender they are. And yes, sex may be a part of that love.
You shielding your niece from the truth that homosexuality exist is your business.
But please, don't help to create another generation of bigotry.
Doesn't the country have enough legitimate problems to deal with already.

Prentice

I agree with EvenKeel. Theres so much more to marriage than just procreating. That doesnt mean you love eachother, its just an activity.

And fun fact, the first gay union was in ancient Greece. Right before Judaism spread by sword and Constantine declared Christianity the religion of Rome. So it hasnt always been defined between a man and a woman

EvenKeel

@Egypt,
Apologies for the generalization of the Middle East.
Amended to "parts of the Middle East".

Egypt

@ EvenKeel I'm not teaching my niece anything about bigotry. She just don't know. I don't know how many of you tell 4 and 5 yr olds about gay people. For me if that's going to happen about legalizing them getting married and kids will be going to school with other kids and some may have been adopted by gay people then change everything. Have it on Disney, Sesame Street and in kids books. And Prentice your little fun fact the whole Gay union in Greece well I don't know if we saw the same show but on the history channel it was that in ancient Greece when a boy hit puberty he had to be with a man sexually before a woman. That was there law.

EvenKeel

As for the arguments about "In God We Trust" being printed on bills and the whole "One Nation Under God" thing.
Just because something is in print, doesn't mean it's still relevant.
Consider these laws that are still actually in the books.

- in Arkansas "Oral sex is considered to be sodomy."
- in Florida "Unmarried couples may not commit “lewd acts” and live together in the same residence."
- In Minnesota "A person may not cross state lines with a duck atop his head."
- In New Jersey "It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season."
- In California "You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows."
- In Maine - It's illegal to "kiss anyone, including your spouse, on Sunday"

...and the list goes on.
Yes these are actual laws, still in the books.
At some point in history someone believed these offenses to be great enough to commit to law. And they may have even thought theses horrible acts were an affront to good wholesome values.
Of course none of them are enforced anymore, but they could be.
Now can you all see how societies evolve and leave useless, arbitrary and downright stupid laws behind?
Just because something is in print, doesn't make it relevant.

Egypt

Some of you people and your Middle East comments are just as bad as people thinking if you're black you must be from Africa or have ancestors in Africa. I'm telling you what I see in NYC, on the trains, stores and sidewalks. And no I say nothing, b/c you say something you're a bigot, or you get cursed out. My niece will know in due time but for now I will keep turning in streets, leaving stores and making up stories to her on why we had to go. Tell me this would some of you so call straight people standing up for right of love willingly take a young child to some parts of the village or Chelsea in NY. I bet you you will not, well what happens in certain part of the Villiage and Chelsea is happening out in the open. And it's not just holding hands and a peck on the cheeck.It's them groping each other in broad day light. There was a time when people had sense around kids straight or gay. If a straight person do extreme indecency in public they get in trouble, i*****ay person do it and you say something it's b/c you're a bigot. I'll keep my opinion. B/c if i actually said what I wanted to say I would get into a fight or nowadays get fined for hurting their feelings. Some of you act like you don't see this going on. Like everyone is just suppose to jump on the band wagon. Why cause a few celebrities, the media and some politicians are getting paid under the table.

Egypt

For you fact finders, can you tell me cause I don't know. When in history was it wrong for a man to be with a woman. It's always been known that man and woman go.

Egypt

I am going to keep my opinion. And you all can have yours. I'm not on the committee to vote for or against this. But you can just guess which way I would vote. And all the money or potential votes in the world wouldn't make me change my mind. And I do love money but I wouldn't vote yes for all the money or votes if I was a politican.

tam

really surprised someone wants to do right especially in regards to this matter. I am a Dem but I would vote for him. I now respect 1 republican in NY state senate.

R34

What an amazing man!

Stick it to those religious s*** of the earth!

steven katona

bravo! bravo to mr mcdonald as he evolves into the 21st century to put the lives of americans ahead of partisan politics! now the science of societies can bring forth new hope as this lawmaker shows that he's got the right stuff to end the bigotry and hate from the politicalization of engenderment! bravo to this senator for breaking new ground and putting himself out on a limb in america's politicalized arena! this canadian stands on gaurd for this senator and i support his ideas as he takes the bull by the horns and brings forth a human rights bill that can make every american proud! bravo!