Republican Senator: 'F**k It,' Gays Should Marry

6/17/2011 11:24 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Republican New York State Senator Roy McDonald has SHATTERED party lines in support of gay marriage -- telling reporters, "F**k it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing."

0617_roy_mcdonald_bn

The battle rages on in New York to legalize gay marriage -- but McDonald threw his hat in the ring earlier this week ... with the greatest statement of all time, claiming, "You get to the point where you evolve in your life where everything isn't black and white, good and bad, and you try to do the right thing."

"You might not like that. You might be very cynical about that. Well, f**k it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing."

"I'm tired of Republican-Democrat politics. They can take the job and shove it. I come from a blue-collar background. I'm trying to do the right thing, and that's where I'm going with this."

With McDonald's support, the gay marriage bill is only ONE vote shy of being made into law -- which would make New York the sixth state to legalize gay marriage.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Lyell Lyell

Good for him!!! His constituents should be proud to have a man like him representing them. It's refreshing to see someone who votes their own convictions and not the party line.

Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Yes! "F*** it, do the right thing" Words to live by!

SUN SUN

The more America continues to turn away from God and his teachings; we will continue in a downward spiral. We are slowly elimintating God from our country, and look at how we are declining as a nation.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Lyell Lyell

Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Yes! "F*** it, do the right thing" Words to live by!

SUN SUN

mary mary

Another coward buckling under and choosing GLAAD over GOD. Big eternal mistake.

Michelle Michelle

I love the idea of our country growing up, finally we may get to a point where everyone is really equal.

MIDNIGHT TOKER MIDNIGHT TOKER

well they should get the benefits but marriage? nahhhhhhh if everyone was gay we all would be dead....it takes a man and a woman to futher the population......

Kathy Kathy

A Republican who has a mind of his own!!! Never thought I would see that. Good for him!

Lynn Lynn

LOVE it! I wish more politicians would say f--- it and do the right thing!!

roberg roberg

Horrible of him to give up on his morals. He lost himself to being pushed around and bullied into a decision he is clearly not satisfied in making.

Nicky

If he ever runs for president I'll vote for him in a heartbeat. He said everything that I want in a leader and I still believed him!

Thank you Roy McDonald for thinking for yourself and not letting a party decide for you!

Kelly

Hey MIDNIGHT TOKER, what does a man and woman furthering the population have to do with marriage? Guess you didn't know that there are more non-married people having kids these days then the married ones. And for all you bible thumpers, give it a rest. Go preach to the ones who are violating the commandments - of which I don't remember included anything about "Thou shall not sleep with someone who has the same body parts as you". That must have been #11.

Edible DNA

Save a gay kill god, that's my motto. You're superstitious bs belief in god or gods has no place in a modern society. God is dead I killed him. Let peace and happiness reign!

frey silverstar

How awesome is he?? Pretty cool, you know that wasnt easy for him to say, now if others will follow his lead. I hope so!

colin harwood

now that is THE statement of the decade. You god people can go play with your imaginary friend all you want, this guy is real.

FreeRadical

If your religion tells you to squash the rights of your fellow human beings in the name of blind dogma, maybe you should look for another one or just leave it and think for yourself. This will happen, and if you are against it you are on the wrong side of history and progress. Enjoy your obsolescence :)

OklahomaJoe

Im afraid that if we allow all the Gays to take over, history will repeat itself with the destroying of this country like what God did to Sodom and gamora, I just hope I wont be around to see it. I dont know what all the fuss is about anyways, I mean its all just a fad and will eventually fade away. Gays will get their heads on straight will go back to being normal someday, dont worry people.

Kate

Let's all send him $3.00 each to show support! Why $3.00? It's a queer amount, doncha see?

t.wat

This is a positive move, as a conservative who typically aligns with Republicans, the whole platform of Republicanism is less government more power in the hands of the people. Regardless of how you feel about gay marriage, at the end of the day, it doesn't affect those who lead heterosexual lifestyles. I think it's great that other people are recognizing that as opposed to trying to impose their views and politics on others.

Liz

F*CK YEAH! Let's encourage everyone to be gay, who the f*ck care about the future of this country, let's watch our population rate diminishing(two of same sex can procreate) and most gays don't even live to be 65,like is happenning in a lot of countries in Europe right now...let's do it, let's take God from the schools, from our homes and also let's even have a law against mentioning God and his scriptures...let's make the inmorals and perverts happy, lets support them with any idea their already disturbed minds propose, today is the gay marriage and marriage adoptions,who knows what these whiners will come up with tomorrow..this country is in the ****ter and there is not turning back to be the great country that once was, and it's all because the BS from the morons, stupid liberals and the uneducated idiots who support them because "who could that affect me"? attitude...

Liz

should say "how could that affect me? attitude...

Will

SUN,

I find it very interesting how you say that taking God out of our country is causing it to sprial downward. Remember Slavery??? Was the country spiraling downward then? Remember the Japaneses internment camps during WWII??? Was the country spiraling downward then? There have been unGodly events since mankind stepped foot on this planet. And now you want to use your religious beliefs to stifle my own personal rights? Where were your religious beliefs throughout history?

michael smith

"F*** it, do the right thing"

wasnt this a Public Enemy song... should have been!

love it - 1st party to make this there slogan will win... guaranteed.

michael smith

Make him Presidento - immediately !

"I'm tired of Republican-Democrat politics."

you and the rest of America.

- keep going McDonald - you obviously hit a nerve in the pulse of the nation.

miller

You got my vote for life!! Thumbs up!