Republican Senator: 'F**k It,' Gays Should Marry

6/17/2011 11:24 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Republican New York State Senator Roy McDonald has SHATTERED party lines in support of gay marriage -- telling reporters, "F**k it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing."

0617_roy_mcdonald_bn

The battle rages on in New York to legalize gay marriage -- but McDonald threw his hat in the ring earlier this week ... with the greatest statement of all time, claiming, "You get to the point where you evolve in your life where everything isn't black and white, good and bad, and you try to do the right thing."

"You might not like that. You might be very cynical about that. Well, f**k it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing."

"I'm tired of Republican-Democrat politics. They can take the job and shove it. I come from a blue-collar background. I'm trying to do the right thing, and that's where I'm going with this."

With McDonald's support, the gay marriage bill is only ONE vote shy of being made into law -- which would make New York the sixth state to legalize gay marriage.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Lyell Lyell

Good for him!!! His constituents should be proud to have a man like him representing them. It's refreshing to see someone who votes their own convictions and not the party line.

Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Yes! "F*** it, do the right thing" Words to live by!

SUN SUN

The more America continues to turn away from God and his teachings; we will continue in a downward spiral. We are slowly elimintating God from our country, and look at how we are declining as a nation.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Lyell Lyell

Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Yes! "F*** it, do the right thing" Words to live by!

SUN SUN

mary mary

Another coward buckling under and choosing GLAAD over GOD. Big eternal mistake.

Michelle Michelle

I love the idea of our country growing up, finally we may get to a point where everyone is really equal.

MIDNIGHT TOKER MIDNIGHT TOKER

well they should get the benefits but marriage? nahhhhhhh if everyone was gay we all would be dead....it takes a man and a woman to futher the population......

Kathy Kathy

A Republican who has a mind of his own!!! Never thought I would see that. Good for him!

Lynn Lynn

LOVE it! I wish more politicians would say f--- it and do the right thing!!

roberg roberg

Horrible of him to give up on his morals. He lost himself to being pushed around and bullied into a decision he is clearly not satisfied in making.

mohollywood

fantastic, this could be ground breaking!!! this might be the only republican i respect at this moment in time!

mary

Another coward buckling under and choosing GLAAD over GOD.

Big eternal mistake.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Some Republicans may follow his lead, but there will be some hardliners who will dig in, if not for their own beliefs, then those of their constituents.

Tammy

@gutsygirl - You're right. I serious doubt the constituents who elected him into office are in support of homosexual marriage. If they were, they would've elected a democrat. If he wants to do what he wants to do, instrae of what the people who elected him wants, he should open his own business.

Michelle

christian dion

Beautifully said " Sir"........

meeeeeeee

I LOVE THIS GUYS ATTITUDE, I WISH MORE PEOPLE THOUGHT THIS WAY

brasileira

There it is, a politician I now truly admire!

click

Psalms chapter 2 explains the actions of politicians like this.

Why are the nations so angry?
Why do they waste their time with futile plans?
The kings of the earth prepare for battle;
the rulers plot together
against the Lord
and against his anointed one.
"Let us break their chains,” they cry,
“and free ourselves from slavery to God.”
But the one who rules in heaven laughs.
The Lord scoffs at them.
Then in anger he rebukes them,
terrifying them with his fierce fury.

...
Submit to God’s royal son, or he will become angry,
and you will be destroyed in the midst of all your activities—
for his anger flares up in an instant.
But what joy for all who take refuge in him!

(New Living Translation)

Paulie

Get over yourself Mary, the gays are just as much Gods children as you and me, he doesn't make mistakes, they deserve the same rights as anybody else....by the way, isn't there only one judge? typical christian hypocrisy. Good for Roy for realizing there's more important issues than who can get married.

gd45

It's nice to see someone finally decide that continuing this archaic narrow minded 2 parties always divided needs to end. If the rest could just get over it and actually spend more time working to fix problems then just butt heads over things like gay rights, which shouldn't even be an issue, America would be such a better place.

But I really don't wanna get into the debate with all the crazy religious nuts as to why you should 100% keep church and state seperate. If you haven't figured out by now that adding religion to things makes the situation worse 9 outta 10 times then no logical arguement will change that.

S.Michelle

Exactly the kind of politicians this country is yearning for-and I am a Democrat! Kick ass and take names, Senator McDonald!

fran

I am Canadian and he has impressed me..great going Senator McDonald...hope there is more like you out there.

chris

GOOD MOVE! I wish ALL politicians (especially the republicans) would do the right thing. Not exactly sure who this guy is BUT he should make a run for the White House. I'm a Democrat but wud vote for this guy!

Josh6852

Well said Senator McDonald...... You're a lion among sheep.