Republican Senator: 'F**k It,' Gays Should Marry

6/17/2011 11:24 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Republican New York State Senator Roy McDonald has SHATTERED party lines in support of gay marriage -- telling reporters, "F**k it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing."

0617_roy_mcdonald_bn

The battle rages on in New York to legalize gay marriage -- but McDonald threw his hat in the ring earlier this week ... with the greatest statement of all time, claiming, "You get to the point where you evolve in your life where everything isn't black and white, good and bad, and you try to do the right thing."

"You might not like that. You might be very cynical about that. Well, f**k it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing."

"I'm tired of Republican-Democrat politics. They can take the job and shove it. I come from a blue-collar background. I'm trying to do the right thing, and that's where I'm going with this."

With McDonald's support, the gay marriage bill is only ONE vote shy of being made into law -- which would make New York the sixth state to legalize gay marriage.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Lyell Lyell

Good for him!!! His constituents should be proud to have a man like him representing them. It's refreshing to see someone who votes their own convictions and not the party line.

Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Yes! "F*** it, do the right thing" Words to live by!

SUN SUN

The more America continues to turn away from God and his teachings; we will continue in a downward spiral. We are slowly elimintating God from our country, and look at how we are declining as a nation.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Lyell Lyell

Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Yes! "F*** it, do the right thing" Words to live by!

SUN SUN

mary mary

Another coward buckling under and choosing GLAAD over GOD. Big eternal mistake.

Michelle Michelle

I love the idea of our country growing up, finally we may get to a point where everyone is really equal.

MIDNIGHT TOKER MIDNIGHT TOKER

well they should get the benefits but marriage? nahhhhhhh if everyone was gay we all would be dead....it takes a man and a woman to futher the population......

Kathy Kathy

A Republican who has a mind of his own!!! Never thought I would see that. Good for him!

Lynn Lynn

LOVE it! I wish more politicians would say f--- it and do the right thing!!

roberg roberg

Horrible of him to give up on his morals. He lost himself to being pushed around and bullied into a decision he is clearly not satisfied in making.

jerry

lol now if only democrats would give up on gun rights we might have some compromise but i dont see that happening....Im a republican and i say hell yes to gay marriage and guns :)but like dems would ever give ground...you can wish in one hand and **** in the other......

Voice Of Reason

I applaud this. It's about time party lines are blurred and that common sense and human decency wins. Discrimination against gays & lesbians need to end.

john

Hey straight man...Isn't Anthony WEINER Straight?

f'ing pervert...Straight people have some nerve thinking they own this planet.
It's my world Jack..back off.

Get off the gay's backs and
Worry about your own affairs...

Anthony Weiner...the straight man of the year.

Tony B

★ ★ ★ I am not a political person, but I just fell in love with him.

Thanks, Roy!

LOVE YA BUDDY!!!

HI HARVEY!!

HI RIBEYE!!!! ★ ★ ★

c

I don't think gay marriage, is the answer.... it should be on getting gay people to a mental hospital and try to bring them back to there senses. Is obvious that to create life you need a male and female not two of the same.

paigehop

If same-sex marriage should be allowed, then it is only fair that human-animal marriage be allowed, etc. If someone is attracted to horses, hell, they should be allowed to marry them/have sex with them. Polygamists should immediately have a right to marry. HELL, let's marry our brothers and sisters, parents, and f*cking have at it! Lower the age to have sex, etc. Let all who "love" each other marry. ANARCHY, baby! Let's have it!

MARCUS

MACCAPONE IN THE BUILDING MACCAPONE(AT)HOTMAIL COM NEVER SCARED SPEAK MY MIND PERIOD........... NO ON GAYS PERIOD.........

YES ON PROP 8 YES ON PROP 8 ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN FOR LIFE....... LOS ANGELES CALI CRENSHAW/SLAUSON AREA..

James

Outstanding job Senator McDonald, for doing something that is "F***ing Right". Tell him personally how you feel, his office from his site is Phone: (518) 455-2381

A

I do applaud him. I think he truly believes it is the right thing to do. Because if I hear one more person harp on "morality" here, I am going to scream. Stop it! All of you! Don't we have actual moral issues to worry about? Like child molesters and people who commit crimes? How hard is it to accept gay people? Gays aren't going to come after you and get you. And if they do, I don't think it was gay thing - I think it's called a they have problems thing.

Ella

I don't think he's waivering on his values at all. Perhaps he just realized that evolving and growing is all about being tolerant of others. Good for him!

Ella

RevolutionHeart

Why do Republicans try so hard to exclude certain groups? What, there aren't any gay Republicans out there? Didn't anyone see that episode of American Dad?? Giving gays equal rights means more votes! :-)

Good for this guy to fight for what's right and not get stuck behind his party line! Good for this guy to realize married gays aren't going to invade his house and throw doilies all over everything!

nyer566

We do not need another state offering gay marriage! Marriage is between a man and a woman! I have nothing against gay people but they should enter into some kind of civil union. Not Marriage! This guy is a jackass! All NY wants is the $$$!

whatevs

Yes, Marcus. We heard you the first time. Now, STFU.

Khara

So Kathy, he only has a mind of his own if he agrees with you? ;) There is little difference between Democrats and Republicans. Both want to impose their morals on everyone else (R's civilly & D's financially) and both are owned by big business/unions, so you may want to avoid insinuating one is worse than the other - they are both horrendous.

*Disclaimer: Yes, I support the legalization of gay marriage and no, I'm not a Republican.