Bam Margera's Parents: Bam Is 'Devastated'

6/20/2011 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bam Margera is "devastated" after hearing news of his friend Ryan Dunn's death today -- and according to Bam's parents, they're worried about their son.

Bam Margera
April and Phil Margera sat for an emotional interview with MyFoxPhilly earlier today -- claiming, "We're just worried about Bam. He's out of town and was just told. He's devastated."

Bam's mom was especially choked up during the interview -- telling Fox, "I can't believe it ... [Ryan] was part of our family ... He always used to call me on Mother's Day."

mjl

@Jill

Its been a confirmed accident with multiple deaths.

Oh and your link doesn't work.

Jill

Sorry, I guess I didnt post the whole thing, my brother sent me that. I can't find anything else saying it's a hoax, so I think the reddit thing is fake or someone playing a joke. Gross :(

stef

Any truth that Bam is in rehab in Arizona???

stef

Any truth that Bam is in rehab in Arizona???

Anj

Hey Jeff...YOU need to learn to read better lol. They did confirm that Ryan WAS the driver. So be careful what you say so you dont look like a fool. Whether your famous or not, you dont drink and drive. And you dont drive like an idiot cuz you have a fast car. He was foolish enough to get behind the wheel after being at a bar, which is a proven fact. So no, your right, you cant just blame one of them. As far as Im concerned, their both at fault. And really, there is nothing positive about this situation, so most of us who have our heads on straight are gonna be negative towards this situation. Either way, he made a stupid decision, but I have NO sympathy for him JUST because he was a celebrity. What if he malested a child, then would your thoughts be different?? C-mon people, use your head. He was a human like us, just made more money.

6one9

Drinking and driving are never a good thing!!
!!
Dude was drinking & driving and now we are reading about his death!
!!
Don't drink and drive peeps!!
!!
RIP Ryan!

huh

D-Z listers?? Holly go get ur head checked you dumb WHORE, go look up the bank that Jackass has made throughout the years then open that *********er. RIP DUNN

Shannon

He was probably trying to stuff a bowling ball up his ass....

Ghost Rider

Bam should know by now that he probably wont outlive Ozzy or Keith. Just sayin

Mandy

You can see the real pain in Phil and Aprils eyes. Very sad. RIP for Ryan and his passanger. Hope their friends in West Chester are ok :( dont drink and drive!!!!

Missy

Holly about an hour ago I have never heard of Bam or the person who was killed.
Last week when they showed the purple Lamborghini I thought Bam must be a rapper. TMZ only showed a hand covered with prison quality tatoo's. I'm now surprised to see Bam is white.
Are these more TMZ D-Z listers?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holly, crawl out the rock you have been living under!

Danielle

i wish everyone would stop blaming him for killing the other passenger ( even if it is partly his fault) but the other person had to know that ryan was drunk and didn't do anything to stop him from driving. and if ryan was driving then maybe the passenger was even worse than ryan but anyway R.I.P Ryan and unknown passeger

Alisha

I'm so sick of hearing everyone talk about this poor passenger. I'm pretty sure Ryan didn't hold a gun to the guys head and FORCE him to get in the car with him. The fact is they BOTH made a stupid decision and they both have to pay for it now. It's sad but that's what happens when you make stupid decisions. Besides, no one knows WHAT his blood alcohol content was so to say it's caused solely by alcohol is a premature statement.

TMP

I have never seen more heartless people/comments in one place in my life.

No one was forced to get in the car with him. It's tragic either way, but people make their own choices.. bad choices go along with that.

For those who are mourning the loss of their FRIEND and FAMILY member, it's not a matter of how, but that it happened in the first place.

Respect is lost in our society these days.

RIP Ryan. You were a nice guy, who was never mean to anyone that I ever saw.. always tried to make people smile. Thoughts and prayers to his family, friends and fans.

Me

I like Phil. He is so soft spoken and seems like such a nice guy. I'm glad Bam doesn't seem to abuse his dad as much as he did in the early days.

As far as Bam he will use any excuse he can to drink. I was actually surprised it was Dunn that died and not Bam.