Bam BREAKS DOWN at Ryan Dunn Crash Site

6/22/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bam Margera visited the crash site where his best friend and fellow "Jackass" star Ryan Dunn died -- and he was so overcome with emotion he could barely put together a sentence. Brace yourself, it's heartbreaking.062211_margera_fox_still

In this MyFoxPhilly report, Bam has tears streaming down his face as he recalls getting the news that Ryan had died, saying it "was the worst phone call I've ever gotten in my life."

Bam went to the crash site on Tuesday. He says he was in Arizona when Ryan crashed early Monday morning.

When asked how he'd get through this ordeal -- Bam replied, "I can't. I can't."

Damon

Why not go there when their aren't cameras?

I'm sure he didn't set this up; they just happened to be there when he showed-up! Right...?!

jesse

MBK11

It's easy to type out a mean comment about Ryan & drinking and driving. It's harder to be a better person and type a condolence for his family. We are NOT in judgement of him or anyone else....no mater what we believe. Ryan was my cousin's step-brother. The family is terribly distraught. Just because he was famous doesn't mean that he should be trashed by anyone.

Kay...

when somebody makes a fatal mistake like this it isnt for people to talk down about that individual its for others to learn from it...the fact that 2 human beings died and there are people that are so cold hearted about an accident disgusts me...everyday there are fatal crashes for the same reason and all of a sudden someone famous who entertained us and made us laugh throughout these years with viva la bam and jackass has something stupid to say about it...forget it no use in wasting my words on f*** heads who dont care bout humanity...at least there are some people with a heart like mine...i feel for Dunn and his family/friends R.I.P

Bobo Frog

"everyone dissin bam and dunn ur r all ******* and i hope u all choke on ur dinner and die and get raped in the butt" - jesse

In that order?

Keri

ARE YOU GUYS STUPID? BAM WAS HIS ******* BEST FRIEND SINCE HE WAS A KID! HOW DARE YOU GUYS HAVE THE BALLS TO SAY HE'S FAKING IT! I NEVER KNEW DUNN PERSONALLY, AND I STILL ******* CRIED ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED. Bam said it himself he never lost anyone before, he is not being a camera whore or trying to steal any attention. You ******* *****, he took up 4 seconds of saying he lost his best friend.

thekabsin

that was an interview? Why? He was paid for that correct? He had Fox news meet him at the site? Why is it an exclusive? I am 26 and have lost many friends and I am a nobody, I would have never done what Bam is doing. This is disgusting, I feel guilty for watching this. Curiousity gets the best of me and I dont feel like this is sincere. I feel gross for watching this. RIP Dunn, RIP Pasenger. Why was this on our news? If Fox was there when Bam showed up ok then I guess but why would you do this in front of a camera? Please tell me. Am I the only one who feels this way? This makes me not like me, this is disrespectful to Dunn and especially to the "no name" passenger who was just taken away from his family because he decided to get into a car. The same way I have and many others have done. Don't drink and drive and I am sorry but he was drinking and driving so calling him the smartest person he knew does not say much. Bam, learn from this rather than getting in front of a camera. At least get creative in front of the camera

Nature Freak

It's sad what happened, but Ryan Dunn was playing Russian Roulette with a car and threatened innocent lives. Personally I wish Ryan had survived the accident and ended up doing serious jail time. Drunk or sober there is no excuse for going 130 mph in Chester County, Pennsylvania on a public thoroughfare.

NO EXCUSE!

Steph

I don't understand why you are all insulting Bam, whether you like him or not - or think he is an attention hog faking his tears. Why would anyone fake something like this? I never post comments, but this time I am. Why would he try to take attention from his best friend who just passed away as if he doesn't get enough attention. He clearly went back there to the site and when asked if he would speak - he just did. Everyone is different. It just seems like you think he should curl up in a ball and say nothing at all. There is nothing wrong with making a statement because like I said no one person is the same in a time like this. So people should really show more respect than that and not say anything at all if they are going to sling insults.

Starseed

Some of the comments on here are absolutely ridiculous. What a cynical and bitter age we live in. I would say that I'd hope you all one day experience the pain of losing something as close as a best friend but that would only make me as bad as you, if not worse. I understand not liking somebody and Bam Margera definitely divides opinion but my god some of you are pathetic. Step away from your keyboard and take a look at yourselves and most importantly, grow up.

Montucky

I am no way condoning what Dunn did, it was a horrible, stupid decision that could have cost more lives than the two it already has claimed.

However, I'm not sure what I'm more shocked at; Dunn's decision, or the backlash about it. Dunn is a person, was a friend to many, was a son. It seems there is a lot of hate here stemming beyond the accident. Just because this guy was in the business of making people laugh (not unlike many comedians...), he is vilified and somehow deserves this? And the entire Jackass crew deserves to have their friend and co-star killed because they thought ramming a shopping card into a curb with 2 people in it is funny? Grow the f*ck up kids.

The Jackass guys, including Dunn, did a lot of charity work. They are not some sort of group of monsters, s***, who lived only for a quick profit and producing mayhem.

TommyR

They have been best friends since early high school!! how the **** is this fake crying? do we all cry and grieve the same way? no. he is obviously a wreck. show some respect

good as gold

Kickassi 3 minutes ago

Wow...some of you people are complete insensitive *****. He just lost his best friend and you're sitting there acting like he's faking it or making this about him??!!! Unreal! He's heartbroken! I truly pray for Bam and the rest of Ryan Dunns family and friends that are going through this. No one should have to go through that. Show some sympathy!

----------------------------------------------------------

Not once do you mention the dead passenger in Dunns car that Dunn KILLED with his reckless drunk behavior. Get a clue before you post. Dunn is a MURDERER, so with friends like that who needs enemies?

Fishmode

My feelings go out to Bam - I always enjoyed his show before Vito got it cancelled and Dunn was one of my favorites.

That being said, there are a fair number of commenters here who lack respect and class. People died. If you've ever lost a friend, you know how it feels. I don;t think this is fake - how would you act in front of a camera during this ordeal?

It's convenient that the internet is anonymous, because I doubt many of you would be willing to put your name to your comments.

My name is Michael Fisher, and I stand with Bam and The Dunn family during this time.

kevin

the jackass crew are around the same age as me, and i grew up doing the same kinda things they did, the sad reality is Ryan Dunn was a dare devil who tried one to many dares.. and lost his life.. it happens to alot of us.