Chris Brown

I Didn't Mean

to Piss Off the Gays

6/22/2011 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown just lied through his teeth ... tweeting that he has "total respect for [the] Gay community" after dropping another gay slur in L.A. yesterday.

0622_chris_brown_tweet_bn_2

He never apologizes ... but instead writes a half-assed, dismissive explanation saying, "my intention was not to insult anyone."

Listen to the way he hurls the word around -- Chris clearly used the word "gay" as an insult ... no two ways around it.

Still, we still gotta ask ...

HMMMM

And I have great respect for a person that beats on women, bashes groups of people, calls people disrespectful names, etc etc etc. Ad nauseum. NOT NOT NOT

Big T

Gawd Harvey get over it I swear. I wish someone ran TMZ that wasnt a puss

Deb

My bi-sexual daughter says things like that is so gay or do not be so gay. I do not see that as a slur or do I think Chris was saying it to put down a gay personor said in an angry tone. I asked my daughter what it means and it is not in reference to being homo sexual. It means more like that is so lame redic etc. Anyway it just seems to me that folks just can not wait to pounce on Chris and label him in a far more negative way then what he said in this tape. To tell you the truth I could hardly hear what he was saying nor can I tell it was him. This is far reaching.

kas

TMZ get a life and LEAVE Chris Brown the hell alone. Yes we figured out you hate him. How about providing non biased reporting!!!! That goes for everyone who also make mistakes. We ain't perfect. (None of us)

nyia

U GUYS ARE R E T A R T E D!!!..OOPS DID I OFFENED ANYONE?,,WELL GET OVER IT!!!NOBODY WAS OFFENED OR EVEN KNEW ABOUT THIS UNTIL YOU GUYS POSTED THIS STORY MAKING IT SEEM WORST THEN IT WAS I SAW THE VIDEO IT WASNT EVEN BAD!!AND YALL ARE SOME HIPORCRITS ACTING LIKE YALL DONT SAY SOMETHING IS GAY WITH NO INTENT TO OFFENED ANYONE!!! AND ALL THIS RATCHET STUFF THESE OTHER PEOPLE POSTED ARE JUST HATERS CANT SATND TO SEE SOMEONE BACK ON THERE FEET TMZ U GUYS ARE WACK!

frank

@Peter Beckerman

Wait. HARVEY CAME OUT?

Bubbles The Chimp

Hmmm... Mel Gibson said the same thing about Jews.

kas

jason

quick question: can we even say the word gay anymore?????????

mr lawyer

who ever wrote this article is either homosexual or just plain ol racist.. i feel TMZ doesnt like black people and I will soon start a campaign promoting tmz as garbage media..thank god for the internet and blogs!

steven strange

Why should Kris Brown appologize?God forbid someone take a moral stand against the degeneration of society that has come to be accepted as normal these days.

nyia

TMZ U GUYS ARE WACK!!!! THE ONLY REASON YALL POSTED THIS STORY IN THE MANNER THAT YALL POSTED IT IN IS CAUSE YALL DO NOT LIKE THIS DUDE AND IM PRETY SURE HE DONT CARE FOR YALL EITHER I SAW THAT VIDEO IT WASNT EVEN BAD YOU GUYS JUST CANT LET THIS GUY LIVE HIS LIFE EVERYTIME YOU GUYS FIND SOMETHING AFTER ANOTHER TO RAG ON HIM WITH!!!..THIS IS THE ONLY GUY I SEE YOU GUYS GIVING A HARD TIME JUST GIVE IT UP CAUSE IN THE END WE ALL HAVE SAID THE WORD GAY BEFORE!!!

whatever

I watched the video he said the word ***** as well. Why aren't you guys making a big deal about that ? Doesn't ***** have a negative meaning as well ? Could it be because you didn't think complaining about him using that word was going to get enough attention ? Any way thank you for giving him the free publicity. It is definitely working wonders for his career because he's getting PAID.

lanie

I don't think he is a homophobe because of this remark. I think it was tacky and crude, but I don't think it makes him a homophobe.

With that said, the guy is a piece of sh/t. He has had a chance to turn his life around and has done nothing but keep proving that he's a jerk.

The black community is quite forgiving, but I think his antics --which he seems to have no control over -- will run their course and he will alienate his audience soon enough.

He is a good dancer. I am not sure about being a good singer, since he lip syncs at all of performances.

However his self-destructive, crude lifestyle outweighs his "talent" by leaps and bounds.

alexis

Lol, does anybody know what he said? People love to hate Chris Brown, kind of sad if you ask me, people just love to find reasons to hate him. Chris Brown just get an assistant to write your tweets because you're becoming seriously hated from some reason.