Katt Williams' Bodyguard Kills Dog in Bizarre Attack

7/5/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katt Williams' recent tour bus stop set off a bizarre string of events -- starting with his bodyguard shooting a family's dog to death, then replacing it with a new puppy ... all in a matter of hours.

0701_katt_williams_dog_ex_tmz

It all went down June 24 when Katt's tour bus pulled into a Jack-in-the-Box in Williams, Arizona. According to police, one of Katt's bodyguards was bitten by a German shepherd -- prompting the bodyguard to open fire twice ... killing the dog.

The German shepherd -- named Lester -- was a retired police dog that had gotten loose during a walk with its owners. The family tells TMZ they were in shock when, "Katt Williams came outside and told us that he [the bodyguard] will be fired immediately."

This is when it gets weird. The family says Katt went inside his tour bus and walked off with an 8 week old Mastiff ... and offered it to them to replace the dead dog.

They accepted and then -- shockingly -- posed for a picture with Katt ... and everyone was all smiles!

0701_katt_williams_new_puppy

The family tells TMZ, “We are devastated right now,” and the new puppy can't replace Lester. However, they are happy Katt stepped up and took responsibility.

They say they've named the puppy Bella -- and they're never going back to a Jack-in-the-Box again.

Katt Williams was interviewed by police, and was very cooperative. No charges have been filed against the bodyguard.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

FREE PUBLICITY FREE PUBLICITY WHAT AN IDIOT!

Venice

HOPEFULLY THE FAMILY WILL NOT COME BACK LATER AND TRY TO SUE HIM, HE DID WHAT HE HAD TO DO. AND HE ALSO (LIKE THE FAMILY STATED) STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE, AND WENT BEYOND AND GAVE THEM A NEW PUP. SORRY FOR THE LOSS, BUT LET IT END THERE! ON A PEACEFUL NOTE!!

Regulator

Name one funny Katt Williams joke.

LuvsRottweilers

That was nice of Katt Williams to give them a puppy, I guess? Personally, I would be Offended.
"Thank you Mr. Williams for giving me this puppy right after your bodyguard Murdered my dog" WTF?
It certainly isn't Katt's fault. But I would make that Bodyguard's life a living hell!
My dogs are my like my children, they are family members. They can not be replaced.
Obviously, this family doesn't feel that way!?! Their dog was just murdered and they don't look troubled by it at all????? Like, "Oh well, our dog is dead...Hey let's take a picture with Katt Williams! *Smile*!" Obviously Lester wasn't that important to them. I kind of feel sorry for that puppy:(
R.I.P. Lester

God-Is-Busy

Maybe the GS realised you just cannot trust humans. What a smart dog. Why be loyal to the owner when he's just waiting to have you put down. Might as well get a bit of your own back while you have the opportunity.

yeahyeah

He reeked of drugs. The poor dog thought he was just doing his job, and died for it.

Nadine

Am I the only one wondering what those 2 "kids" were doing with a retired police dog anyways?
Retired police dogs should be owned by a police or a dog trainer in my opinion..
Still sad about Lester though.
RIP

Bob

"Thank you Mr. Williams for giving me this puppy right after your bodyguard Murdered my dog" "

You can't murder a dog. Murder it the unlawful killing of another human being with malice. The bodyguard was protecting himself from a dangerous animal (and may have a case for wrongful dismissal if he is indeed fired because of this).

In any case, did he need to shoot the dog? It all depends on how severe the attack was. Being that it used to be a police dog, I would guess that it was.

"My dogs are my like my children, they are family members."

Are they? If you can't have kids, sure. If you can...well, that's a whole nother story. Some psychologists see the choice of raising pets instead of children as a sign of selfishness. It's a way of not being locked in any long-term parenting responsibilities.

The Real JJ

Murdered the dog...ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!! What was the bodyguard suppose to do, run around and say " O doggy don't hurt me, please don't hurt me." If the bodyguard would have died i swear people would say "but how is the dog?" WTF

blue pen

They're all idiots. What a bunch of losers.

JJTheBeast - get over yourself. Plenty of folks get bitten by dogs and don't kill them. Wise up!

Ellie

Hey Bobnoxious, Too bad the bodyguard's parents weren't selfish and opted for a pet instead. Are you going to boycott Jack-in-the- Box, too? WTF?? What a bunch of idiots.

blue pen

JJ The Beast, just because it's acceptable in your community to treat animals like crap, doesn't mean everyone else has to live their lives by your low standards. Wise up.

Also, in some parts of the world it's an offense to kill a retired police dog.

Agakhan

Bob you are the only one here with some sense.Boycotting Jack-in-the- Box, why?

JustMe

I AM SOOOOO with you on this one Bob. Animals/family pets are lovely but they are not children!

michaela

er....the police dog attacked the bodyguard and he defended himself. I would have done the same. An attack by a former police dog could be considered 'deadly force' and he had every right to use deadly force to defend himself.

In fact the family should probably be charged for not keeping their dog confined.

And it's not right to give an 8-week old puppy, which had probably been taken from the mother at 6 weeks and has now bonded the past 2 weeks with someone else, to some strangers.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments