Casey Anthony's Lawyer: We TOASTED Because ...

7/8/2011 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Anthony's defense lawyer tells TMZ ... his team popped bubbly and raised their glasses after the not-guilty verdict because "We have a long-standing tradition; we toast to the Constitution."

0707_casey_lawyers_ex

TMZ spoke with Cheney Mason -- the guy with the beard -- who tells us his team decided to hit the Terrace 360 restaurant across the street from the courthouse Tuesday because, "We were celebrating saving Casey Anthony's life."

Mason also defended his use of his now infamous middle finger salute that day -- telling us it was directed at a "guy from a radio station who has been stalking my team for months."

0707_casey_lawyer_nb

Cheney says, "He was yelling at the ladies on my team, 'Are you on your period?' and he was also calling them 'baby killers.'"

"This guy was outside and pounding on the glass and I flipped the son-of-a-bitch off, and I'll do it again!"

Cheney states --  "It was an expression of my first amendment right."

lestergal

The man probably hates himeself right now! Give him a break!

jeff99

To all the people who are mad at cheney and Baez for defending her, maybe you should move to another country where people don't get defense attorneys and your guilty till proven innocent . After all the stuff he had to deal with I say he deserves a chance to vent, people have been saying terrible things for him doing his job, you the job which is part of the american justice system.

Cooper

SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO CAYLEE. A GUILTY CONSCIENCE IS A POWERFUL THING. ANYWAY, THAT'S WHAT I HOPE....SOMEONE WILL BE GUILT RIDDEN TO THE POINT WHERE THEY 'OFF' THEMSELVES....THEN GOD CAN SORT IT OUT.

jester51

Who paid all these attorneys to get this baby killer off?

jen

what a gapping arse hole. all of them. famous, rich and celebrating because a 2 year old baby is dead in a swamp with bugs eating away at her body till there is nothing left...and you celebrate....they are effin disgusting...all of them....

noneofyourbusiness

They just LOVE the Constitution when it works in their favor. He is probably dry humping a copy of it as we speak.......

Mitch

I'm not sure why this no-talent ***** thinks he's so tough. Toasting to the constitution??? They just pissed all over it by letting a murderer walk. Congratulations.

leslie

WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL THAT THE LAWYERS AND REST OF THEIR TEAM HAD A TOAST TO THE WIN IN THIS CASE. JUST BECAUSE SOME DIDN'T AGREE WITH THE VERDICT. GET OVER YOUR SELF!!!

nyc44th

. . he is nothing but a southern red neck liar who did a classless act (one of many). He was on tv last night saying Casey was a nice person and when asked 'how the kid died' he said "I have no reason to doubt what Casey told us"!!! Yea right . . she has no history of being a liar! Also, if the kid drowned . . what kind of "nice person" does what she did after the fact? He is a typical liar defense attorney who KNOWS the person they are defending is lying yet defends them JUST for money and attention! How anyone could defend her for what she did AFTER the kids death alone is beyond me.

jmoney

BUBBA ARMY

karlew

Lets see you all hate Anthony, all hate the jury, all hate the defense team, all hate the judicial system. My opinion with all thi*****ing you're all as bad as Anthony.

Tweety

Stop making Casey more famous by always talking about her. I am from now on only concentrating on Caylee and trying my best to keep her memory alive. I know I will not be buying a book or watch a movie or give my money towards anything that Casey will benefit from.

jmoney

BUBBA ARMY!!

Chun LI

F U Colonel Sanders/Mason.You lousy piece of sh*t.You helped a baby killer go free!! Karma's coming for you.Where are some of OJ's lawyers,yeah dead!!!

ReneeLaren

BTW: The work we did yesterday resulted in Jose Baez being dumped by his Hollywood agency, Paradigm.

So disappointed Harvey, (whom I've loved for years) has decided to “support “ the Defense & attack Nancy Grace rather than going after the true per Harvey- “Idiots". Making light of Casey Anthony, who killed her child & was acquitted on a freakin whim & giving Gasbag Mason (http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2011/07/for-whom-the-sentences-toll/) an opportunity to explain all his Hypocritical BS is not cool.

I can't believe all the statements (improper deliberations) missed by my once “Get em Crew- TMZ” in regards to Juror #3 & #2 #6. Harvey & the crew are lawyers you should be pointing out the issues that have been spotted for an improper deliberation. The jury system will remain fine; are you kidding me that there will be a loss for another high profile case, come on now. If attention had been paid you'd seen WTF is up. They didn't even go over the evidence. One of the Jurors had a cruise to get on 7/7 & another was worried about her Paris trip during Voir Dire. No one @ TMZ actually watched the trial. I was blown away by Jeff Ashton's cross examination skills. He made Dr. Werner Spitz look like a baffling buffoon and flipped all Defense witnesses. It was amazing. Defense attorneys that talked **** the entire trial turned daily to "Ashton just got MURDER 1 after destroying another defense witness".

Wow, for once Harvey blasted not even knowing the facts. Imagine someone raging about how dangerous & inappropriate Dexter is. Not sure if Levin was aware but 20/20 had a special with "experts" bashing the show this year. I'm very upset because I know for sure 100% in my soul the deliberations were conducted improperly. Also Harvey bashed Nancy Grace, me & the 90+% of millions of Americans that think this Jury did not due their “civic duty” lawfully. Hey didn’t even look @ the EVIDENCE.

The law was interpreted by a gym teacher "the jury foreman" & the "know it all" 32 yrs old nursing student that claims she never heard of the case. She’s the only person out of 300 during jury selection that was in town the entire time & never heard of the case. Now I know she was lying. She said that her not having heard of the case was to her "advantage". The logger, yes logger & grocery store deli worker along with the 60 yr old woman who stated she had a hardship & couldn't be on the jury because god tells her she cannot judge others. Judge Perry, love him to death but he claims he rehabilitated her because he asked her if he told her she had to follow the law & do so would she follow his orders. Come the F on. The St/A couldn't use a pre-emp because of the Batson rule(FYI she’s Africa America). AND the puppet master of this jury who asked for 5 figs b4 he'd talk admitted to wanting to b on the jury & he use to be on tv for cooking shows when he lived in Cali. This is a Questionable jury. The only descent juror (#2) was bullied. He & another voted for Muder1. Do some Got Damn checking out this jury please. J. Cheney Mason is a Hypocrite! He hates the media!!!
Jury Info being released:
It is imperative that the public have access to the jury. I feel with my entire being that this was a flawed verdict based on improper deliberations. The law was not followed correctly concerning REASONABLE doubt, not discussing the punishment during this phase & basing verdict off of nonexistent evidence. The evidence was not even studied per Juror #3. She said they picked it up but placed it right back down when others objected & stated they don't know WHO, WHEN, WHERE & WHAT. I initially thought there were a couple of jurors who assumed the "Smartest in the room identities & controlled the discussions. Now I fear a more ominous reason. Something is very wrong & the press must find out so that this verdict can be verified to be proper. I have a feeling deep in my soul there were many deliberation violations. Please voice your concerns so our right to freedom of press is not considered more seriously. I'm afraid there are already dire consequences due to this delay.