Casey Anthony's Lawyer: We TOASTED Because ...

7/8/2011 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Anthony's defense lawyer tells TMZ ... his team popped bubbly and raised their glasses after the not-guilty verdict because "We have a long-standing tradition; we toast to the Constitution."

0707_casey_lawyers_ex

TMZ spoke with Cheney Mason -- the guy with the beard -- who tells us his team decided to hit the Terrace 360 restaurant across the street from the courthouse Tuesday because, "We were celebrating saving Casey Anthony's life."

Mason also defended his use of his now infamous middle finger salute that day -- telling us it was directed at a "guy from a radio station who has been stalking my team for months."

0707_casey_lawyer_nb

Cheney says, "He was yelling at the ladies on my team, 'Are you on your period?' and he was also calling them 'baby killers.'"

"This guy was outside and pounding on the glass and I flipped the son-of-a-bitch off, and I'll do it again!"

Cheney states --  "It was an expression of my first amendment right."

Grace

You were toasting the jurors. You were glad that the jurors believed your lies.

Everything you said could not be proven. There should be a law that the defense team cannot make up stories if they can't prove them.

Carter Swenson

eyecandy: Looks like Satan toasting himself.. may they have a toast in Hell!!!
Defending a Baby Killer is nothing to be proud of

Carter: If you believe Casey and the defense attorneys are going to end up in hell and that Caylee is in heaven then what the fvck are you worred about? I mean I could see why an athiest might be miffed but people who believe in the afterlife should have no worries with this result.

eyecandy

Carter Swenson 3 minutes ago

eyecandy: Looks like Satan toasting himself.. may they have a toast in Hell!!!
Defending a Baby Killer is nothing to be proud of

What the f**k you worried about then, why even comment on this? Must have bothered you, doesn't matter WHAT you think, my opinion is MY OWN!!! and I don't need you to speak for me. Maybe you can JOIN THEM in the "toast"?

Puckett

haha! Like he cares what a bunch of bitter self absorbed losers on TMZ think. *snicker*

rachel

omg i've been following these casey anthony shena****ns on LiveBite.com. awesome site that posts the most popular articles. check it outttt.

UCFchiCk

I'm actually very happy she got off. The prosecution failed to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Guess what? If it was an accident she didn't deserve the death penalty or a long prison sentence. It's very sad a child died but I don't believe 2 wrongs make a right. I never believed Casey was guilty. So STFU people and move on!

eyecandy

eyecandy about a minute ago

Carter Swenson 3 minutes ago

eyecandy: Looks like Satan toasting himself.. may they have a toast in Hell!!!
Defending a Baby Killer is nothing to be proud of

Maybe you're the fat pig standing in the background? Yep thought that was you!!!

elaine

The public has their opinion. Media has their opinion. In the end, The jury makes the decision.

eyecandy

"Accidents" don't wait 31 days to report your child is missing.

rachel

omg! i've been following the casey anthony shena****ns on LiveBite.com. awesome new site that posts the most popular articles. check it outtt!

Raejean

And it's my First Amendment right to tell you you're a tacky, no-good shyster who's helped a sociopathic baby killer go free. Be proud of yourself for using the Constitution to wipe your *ss.

lala

Her lawyers cab ROT IN HELL. There was no reasonable justification behind anything she did, nor did her actions correlate with that of an innocent person or a concerned parent. In the history of all murdered children cases did a single innocent parent act as she did? No never. If it were a matter of feeding data into a computer, I'm sure even the computer would find her guilty! But we have human beings who are supposed to use their better judgment and brains, which they don't do. Its become a- if you can hide enough evidence you can murder people and get away with it- sort of system. Not a safe world to live in thats for sure. I wish all the defenders of murders who are guilty the absolute worst in life. They will face their own judgment to come. I hope that demon has a miserable life.

realist

LA Times is reporting that CA's release date is now 7/17/2011.

whocares

you guys are all a bunch of nuts. There are tons of kids that this happens to every single day. The ONLY reason that we heard about this case is because of the media, if it wasn't for the media then we wouldn't have heard about it. Who is Casey Anthony??? Is she rich? Was she in the public eye before this? WHY was this a national story when people neglect and kill their children everyday?

WE all need to learn that it isn't the attorneys fault, it isn't the jury's fault, they were just doing what their job was. We all are entitled to the ability to have a fair trial and that is exactly what Casey Anthony got. She was proven to be innocent. You can't base a verdict off of gut feelings THERE was NOTHING that pointed fingers directly at Anthony. There was to many questions that just weren't answered and to many unknowns.

Christine

I hope Caylee Anthony haunts every single one of those a-holes every night and I hope she also haunts her mother every single moment of her days. Hopefully someone will take that baby killer out before she gets out of jail. If not she better watch her back cause you know someone will.